Like C5 never happened.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like C5 never happened.

Nothing Wayne has put out since C5 has been anywhere near C5 level. Wayne said he was recording C5 basically up to the last minute, revising shit, redoing verses etc. Creed 2 intro was trash. The C5 leftovers were aight. Velvet was just ok.

This only further reinforces my original theory: Mack has Wayne ears like most of us fans do. Even hasta la vista which is kinda fire has mad dick and pussy bars. Y�all should be down on your knees thanking that nigga because as each subpar new Wayne track surfaces it really confirms how we finally have someone who ain�t a yes man. Someone who can weed out all Wayne�s bad habits and put out an album of consistent quality that�s deep, dope, and has very few of any cringe bars.

So mack needs to step up again and put together a C5 reloaded with the same attention to quality control.

Yall dont even seem to realize how desperatey wayne needed someone with Mack�s taste and balls. He probably heard mad bangers but was like �these are aight but great hooks and mediocre bars are not gonna make a classic�. That shit would�ve been short lived.

Velvet sessions are old

The 3 singles are C5 leftovers, one being the same song with a different feature.

Creed 2 intro is just for a soundtrack.

Comment

you make zero sense with this.

Comment

I did not say he RECORDED it after C5. I specifically said “put out” meaning any of those projects (except maybe Creed intro) could’ve been on C5. Imagine you’re Mack and you have years and years worth of shit to choose from. Clearly hasta la vista etc were in the running. Not only that... you can even apply the same philosophy to What About You. We all know Post Malone’s verse was recorded but no one knew why it didn’t make the cut.

Now we know.

The crew must have listened to it days before release and been like ... “it’s decent but the other one is actually superior. Instead of going with something just for sales, let’s stay true to the art of it all” — which is probably why we have the superior (but less successful) What Aboht Me.

Velvet sessions tracks couldve easily ended up on C5. Do y’all really think Wayne was recording those tracks thinking they were specifically for an album called Velvet. My guess is that certain types of C5 music splintered off into different sub groups. One of those tracks is even from Rebirth era anyway but if it was dope enough that don’t mean they would not have remade or reworked it.

My point is that with every song thats come out since C5 it’s only become more apparent what a well made project C5 was! All I meant was that Mack clearly was looking for more depth and focus in his song selections — based on what did NOT make the cut.

Mack’s job of assembling the records used to be Tez’s job and he sucked at it (after C3). Probably because he was always looking for bangers and features and shit. My theory is — and I think it’s clear as fucking day — that Mack knew not to worry about shit like that. He assembled this as a real classic rap record. Even gave it a theme and everything with Cita. An artist, all I’m saying.

I know I been dick ridin Mack since C5 dropped, but I really had no idea his ear was so close to my own. He’s an old Wayne head. Lyrics, vibes and moments over big hooks and so-so lyrics.

fuck it. If you know you know.

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
          Not only that... you can even apply the same philosophy to What About You. We all know Post Malone�s verse was recorded but no one knew why it didn�t make the cut.

I like mack. How many full tracks even released after c5? What are you even saying ?

Really? "what about you"

End thread. Trash thread and don't quote me either

Comment

Weak, million dollar question are better than some songs on C5. I don't think the songs that made c5 are the best ones. Everything after the og was shaky.I feel like he was in his bag. Everything after that he's been switching up(Don't cry, dedicate, can't be broken) are good concepts but the swagger ain't there. Like (Mona Lisa, Hittas, Let it All Workout, Dope New Gospel) these songs have a distinct style as far as lyrically and vocally which is far superior to (don't cry, dedicate, can't be broken, took his time)

THE MAIN DIFF IS HOW HE "KILLS" SONGS.... d5 kilings was levels and cream, d6 was Bloody Mary and big bad wolf and for nothing. Much heavier rhyming, dedicate and can't be broken are example of this. THOSE ARE THE KILL SONGS, which we wanted like 6ft 7ft and Megaman. Instead we got dedicate can't be broken, which some people like but I believe those songs are why c5 isn't better. Those songs were designed to carry the album and they fell short. There had to be some songs from og era which were supposed to be heavy hitters which would replace those two. Even gotti and smells like money instead would have made the album better

If c5 would have stayed with the same vocal, lyrical, and beat style as (Mona Lisa, gotti, Hittas, let it all Workout, dope new gospel) it is one of the best of all time.

Intro (dj drama)
            Moment
            Uproar
            Smells like Money
            Start this Shit off Right
            Hittas
            Gotti
            Deep Sleep
            Mona Lisa
            Weak
            Dope New Gospel
            Let it Fly
            Perfect Strangers
            Let it All Workout

Classic

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
              Weak, million dollar question are better than some songs on C5. I don't think the songs that made c5 are the best ones. Everything after the og was shaky.I feel like he was in his bag. Everything after that he's been switching up(Don't cry, dedicate, can't be broken) are good concepts but the swagger ain't there. Like (Mona Lisa, Hittas, Let it All Workout, Dope New Gospel) these songs have a distinct style as far as lyrically and vocally which is far superior to (don't cry, dedicate, can't be broken, took his time)

THE MAIN DIFF IS HOW HE "KILLS" SONGS.... d5 kilings was levels and cream, d6 was Bloody Mary and big bad wolf and for nothing. Much heavier rhyming, dedicate and can't be broken are example of this. THOSE ARE THE KILL SONGS, which we wanted like 6ft 7ft and Megaman. Instead we got dedicate can't be broken, which some people like but I believe those songs are why c5 isn't better. Those songs were designed to carry the album and they fell short. There had to be some songs from og era which were supposed to be heavy hitters which would replace those two. Even gotti and smells like money instead would have made the album better

If c5 would have stayed with the same vocal, lyrical, and beat style as (Mona Lisa, gotti, Hittas, let it all Workout, dope new gospel) it is one of the best of all time.

Intro (dj drama)
              Moment
              Uproar
              Smells like Money
              Start this Shit off Right
              Hittas
              Gotti
              Deep Sleep
              Mona Lisa
              Weak
              Dope New Gospel
              Let it Fly
              Perfect Strangers
              Let it All Workout

Classic
              Funny this is bruh I agree with your taste for songs in different eras, but I disagree strongly with your C5 era opinions. First off, Mona Lisa on C5 was not the same Wayne verse we heard from the snippet leak. He clearly went in recently and used some of that D6 rejuvenation to make certain songs better.

Regarding Hittas and others, you don’t know that those verses are “OG”. I’m so sick of ppl acting like they know what songs are OG and what aren’t. The only OG shit we heard— STSOR and Mona Lisa — sounded completely different and they’re far superior now.

Regarding Gotti — it was definitely the best of the C5 singles in 2014 along with Believe Me. The rest was mostly trash. Serious trash. That’s why most of those songs don’t even try to appear here. Start a fire? Krazy? GTFO. That being said, I still don’t think Gotti was half as good as certain C5 tracks.

Smells like money , to my ears, was just not very good. Too many struggle bars.

Now lets talk about songs like Dedicate, can’t be broken, don’t cry ... this was never my favorite version of Wayne but I said here back when D6 came out: I finally feel like Wayne is lyrically good enough to pull off this fast style. For a long time he had the speed but the words were struggling most of the time. Plus too many pauses. Now he just flows straight through — every syllable is used up. And he can make longer and more complete thoughts and points and Jokes and whatever he does in a song.

D6 still had MAD FAT on the bone. It was his dopest project to date at that time but there were plenty of bars that made me cringe and even a few songs I skip altogether. C5 took his best habits from all different styles and distilled the best post-2009 Wayne we could ask for.

Think about how Carter albums have always been about displaying all Wayne’s sides. You’ll like some songs, I won’t like others. Bitches will like some that we don’t play everyday or whatever. That’s Tha Carter ethos.

Now certain shit surprises me. The fact of how closed minded some ppl can be when we are FINALLY getting quality Wayne again. Can’t be broken may not have the swagger you like (and I think I know exactly what kind of swagger you like because I like it too) but he still has swagger on it. No doubt. If he’s delivering dope thoughtful and/or funny lyrics and no struggle bars, I’m open minded these days.

Other shit I don’t understand is how people can not fuck with the flow on songs like Open Safe, can’t be broken and Let It Fly, where he sounds like he’s having more fun spitting and twisting words than he has in ten years..... yet on tracks like Let it all work out ppl unanimously agree is dope. I love that track — I mean I really really fuck wit it — but the flow is basic throughout. It’s like a modified version of his flow on My Heart Races On , with better and more confessional lyrics.

Weak and deep sleep ... I don’t know that I would’ve replaced any C5 songs with those.

This whole wayne enthusiast shit is tricky because we all like different aspects of him. Can’t please everyone.

C5 is a good view of all Wayne’s different sides worth seeing. And I’m a hard Wayne fan to please. But C5 his best work since C3. But like I said before, I’m open to new (even mildly annoying) modern flows as long as the lyrics and vibe are on point.

The turning point for me was Wayne’s verses on XO tour life on D6. That’s when I truly realized he could make a go of the “new flow” if he was gonna commit to being good again lyrically. That was my favorite song on D6, and I was so pleased to find that C5 seemed to have taken off from that point. It’s clear that Wayne currently has the most fun when he raps like that — probably because it’s a challenge. The classic Wayne we love so much is probably boring as fuck to him. Like throwing three pointers when you know how to slam dunk and do spin shots and shit.

Its all about the lyrics tho. And C5 is bar for bar the best Wayne project since C3 like I said. It also has the dopest flows, best vibe and the smallest amount of cringe bars in a long ass time.

BTW- I disagree wit u about Levels. Song was trash. Only really good songs on D5 were CREAM , fucking problems, you song (verse only. Hook boring). D5 was like a step above IANAHB2. He needed to work way harder and smarter. And he did.
              Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 11-18-2018, 12:24 AM.

Comment

What the fuck are you even talking about OP?

Leaked tracks in Velvet sessions?
                C5 leftovers that didn't make the album?
                An intro on Creed 2 soundtrack?

Lmaoo shut the fuck up.

Comment

Funny this is bruh I agree with your taste for songs in different eras, but I disagree strongly with your C5 era opinions. First off, Mona Lisa on C5 was not the same Wayne verse we heard from the snippet leak. He clearly went in recently and used some of that D6 rejuvenation to make certain songs better.

Regarding Hittas and others, you don’t know that those verses are “OG”. I’m so sick of ppl acting like they know what songs are OG and what aren’t. The only OG shit we heard— STSOR and Mona Lisa — sounded completely different and they’re far superior now.

Regarding Gotti — it was definitely the best of the C5 singles in 2014 along with Believe Me. The rest was mostly trash. Serious trash. That’s why most of those songs don’t even try to appear here. Start a fire? Krazy? GTFO. That being said, I still don’t think Gotti was half as good as certain C5 tracks.

Now lets talk about songs like Dedicate, can’t be broken, don’t cry ... this was never my favorite version of Wayne but I said here back when D6 came out: I finally feel like Wayne is lyrically good enough to pull off this fast style. For a long time he had the speed but the words were struggling most of the time. Plus too many pauses. Now he just flows straight through — every syllable is used up. And he can make longer and more complete thoughts and points and Jokes and whatever he does in a song.

D6 still had MAD FAT on the bone. It was his dopest project to date at that time but there were plenty of bars that made me cringe and even a few songs I skip altogether. C5 took his best habits from all different styles and distilled the best post-2009 Wayne we could ask for.

Think about how Carter albums have always been about displaying all Wayne’s sides. You’ll like some songs, I won’t like others. Bitches will like some that we don’t play everyday or whatever. That’s Tha Carter ethos.

Now certain shit surprises me. The fact of how closed minded some ppl can be when we are FINALLY getting quality Wayne again. Can’t be broken may not have the swagger you like (and I think I know exactly what kind of swagger you like because I like it too) but he still has swagger on it. No doubt. If he’s delivering dope thoughtful and/or funny lyrics and no struggle bars, I’m open minded these days.

Other shit I don’t understand is how people can not fuck with the flow on songs like Open Safe, can’t be broken and Let It Fly, where he sounds like he’s having more fun spitting and twisting words than he has in ten years..... yet on tracks like Let it all work out ppl unanimously agree is dope. I love that track — I mean I really really fuck wit it — but the flow is basic throughout. It’s like a modified version of his flow on My Heart Races On , with better and more confessional lyrics.

Weak and deep sleep ... I don’t know that I would’ve replaced any C5 songs with those.

This whole wayne enthusiast shit is tricky because we all like different aspects of him. Can’t please everyone.

C5 is a good view of all Wayne’s different sides worth seeing. And I’m a hard Wayne fan to please. But C5 his best work since C3. But like I said before, I’m open to new (even mildly annoying) modern flows as long as the lyrics and vibe are on point.

The turning point for me was Wayne’s verses on XO tour life on D6. That’s when I truly realized he could make a go of the “new flow” if he was gonna commit to being good again lyrically. That was my favorite song on D6, and I was so pleased to find that C5 seemed to have taken off from that point. It’s clear that Wayne currently has the most fun when he raps like that — probably because it’s a challenge. The classic Wayne we love so much is probably boring as fuck to him. Like throwing three pointers when you know how to slam dunk and do spin shots and shit.

Its all about the lyrics tho. And C5 is bar for bar the best Wayne project since C3 like I said. It also has the dopest flows, best vibe and the smallest amount of cringe bars in a long ass time.

BTW- I disagree wit u about Levels. Song was trash. Only really good songs on D5 were CREAM , fucking problems, you song (verse only. Hook boring). D5 was like a step above IANAHB2. He needed to work way harder and smarter. And he did.
                  Good assessment, Gotti is a classic and top 5 instrumental oat.

The time Seal acknowledged Wayne as the last bastion of good hip-hop music

Lil Wayne Rhyme Scheme Breakdowns Here

Comment

Originally posted by Settaz View Post
                    What the fuck are you even talking about OP?

Leaked tracks in Velvet sessions?
                    C5 leftovers that didn't make the album?
                    An intro on Creed 2 soundtrack?

Lmaoo shut the fuck up.
                    i made it clear what I’m talking about. Quality control.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Anthony20rty View Post
                    Good assessment, Gotti is a classic and top 5 instrumental oat.
                    thanks bruh it’s good to hear from ppl who understand shit

Comment

U had me with everything till u said that Levels was trash. That song is the hardest on D5 imo. The flows, the lyrics, the emotion and that cracking voice was all on point!

Comment

I did not say he RECORDED it after C5. I specifically said �put out� meaning any of those projects (except maybe Creed intro) could�ve been on C5. Imagine you�re Mack and you have years and years worth of shit to choose from. Clearly hasta la vista etc were in the running. Not only that... you can even apply the same philosophy to What About You. We all know Post Malone�s verse was recorded but no one knew why it didn�t make the cut. Now we know. The crew must have listened to it days before release and been like ... �it�s decent but the other one is actually superior. Instead of going with something just for sales, let�s stay true to the art of it all� � which is probably why we have the superior (but less successful) What Aboht Me. Velvet sessions tracks couldve easily ended up on C5. Do y�all really think Wayne was recording those tracks thinking they were specifically for an album called Velvet. My guess is that certain types of C5 music splintered off into different sub groups. One of those tracks is even from Rebirth era anyway but if it was dope enough that don�t mean they would not have remade or reworked it. My point is that with every song thats come out since C5 it�s only become more apparent what a well made project C5 was! All I meant was that Mack clearly was looking for more depth and focus in his song selections � based on what did NOT make the cut. Mack�s job of assembling the records used to be Tez�s job and he sucked at it (after C3). Probably because he was always looking for bangers and features and shit. My theory is � and I think it�s clear as fucking day � that Mack knew not to worry about shit like that. He assembled this as a real classic rap record. Even gave it a theme and everything with Cita. An artist, all I�m saying. I know I been dick ridin Mack since C5 dropped, but I really had no idea his ear was so close to my own. He�s an old Wayne head. Lyrics, vibes and moments over big hooks and so-so lyrics. fuck it. If you know you know.
                        what about you didnt make the album cause the vocals were submitted too late. do your research first and stop posting everything like its facts

Comment

Working...
                        X