X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i disagree
    and i can't accept mack is good for weezy
    imo he is still a leech
    how is he gonna take off mannie fresh and add himself on the most anticipated weezy album of all time??
    cause he wants the attention

Comment

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
      i made it clear what I�m talking about. Quality control.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks bruh it�s good to hear from ppl who understand shit
      loool, velvet sessions are leaks. And 2 leftovers and a feature = no quality control. This whole thread is nonsense.

Comment

Funny this is bruh I agree with your taste for songs in different eras, but I disagree strongly with your C5 era opinions. First off, Mona Lisa on C5 was not the same Wayne verse we heard from the snippet leak. He clearly went in recently and used some of that D6 rejuvenation to make certain songs better.

Regarding Hittas and others, you don’t know that those verses are “OG”. I’m so sick of ppl acting like they know what songs are OG and what aren’t. The only OG shit we heard— STSOR and Mona Lisa — sounded completely different and they’re far superior now.

Regarding Gotti — it was definitely the best of the C5 singles in 2014 along with Believe Me. The rest was mostly trash. Serious trash. That’s why most of those songs don’t even try to appear here. Start a fire? Krazy? GTFO. That being said, I still don’t think Gotti was half as good as certain C5 tracks.

Smells like money , to my ears, was just not very good. Too many struggle bars.

Now lets talk about songs like Dedicate, can’t be broken, don’t cry ... this was never my favorite version of Wayne but I said here back when D6 came out: I finally feel like Wayne is lyrically good enough to pull off this fast style. For a long time he had the speed but the words were struggling most of the time. Plus too many pauses. Now he just flows straight through — every syllable is used up. And he can make longer and more complete thoughts and points and Jokes and whatever he does in a song.

D6 still had MAD FAT on the bone. It was his dopest project to date at that time but there were plenty of bars that made me cringe and even a few songs I skip altogether. C5 took his best habits from all different styles and distilled the best post-2009 Wayne we could ask for.

Think about how Carter albums have always been about displaying all Wayne’s sides. You’ll like some songs, I won’t like others. Bitches will like some that we don’t play everyday or whatever. That’s Tha Carter ethos.

Now certain shit surprises me. The fact of how closed minded some ppl can be when we are FINALLY getting quality Wayne again. Can’t be broken may not have the swagger you like (and I think I know exactly what kind of swagger you like because I like it too) but he still has swagger on it. No doubt. If he’s delivering dope thoughtful and/or funny lyrics and no struggle bars, I’m open minded these days.

Other shit I don’t understand is how people can not fuck with the flow on songs like Open Safe, can’t be broken and Let It Fly, where he sounds like he’s having more fun spitting and twisting words than he has in ten years..... yet on tracks like Let it all work out ppl unanimously agree is dope. I love that track — I mean I really really fuck wit it — but the flow is basic throughout. It’s like a modified version of his flow on My Heart Races On , with better and more confessional lyrics.

Weak and deep sleep ... I don’t know that I would’ve replaced any C5 songs with those.

This whole wayne enthusiast shit is tricky because we all like different aspects of him. Can’t please everyone.

C5 is a good view of all Wayne’s different sides worth seeing. And I’m a hard Wayne fan to please. But C5 his best work since C3. But like I said before, I’m open to new (even mildly annoying) modern flows as long as the lyrics and vibe are on point.

The turning point for me was Wayne’s verses on XO tour life on D6. That’s when I truly realized he could make a go of the “new flow” if he was gonna commit to being good again lyrically. That was my favorite song on D6, and I was so pleased to find that C5 seemed to have taken off from that point. It’s clear that Wayne currently has the most fun when he raps like that — probably because it’s a challenge. The classic Wayne we love so much is probably boring as fuck to him. Like throwing three pointers when you know how to slam dunk and do spin shots and shit.

Its all about the lyrics tho. And C5 is bar for bar the best Wayne project since C3 like I said. It also has the dopest flows, best vibe and the smallest amount of cringe bars in a long ass time.

BTW- I disagree wit u about Levels. Song was trash. Only really good songs on D5 were CREAM , fucking problems, you song (verse only. Hook boring). D5 was like a step above IANAHB2. He needed to work way harder and smarter. And he did.
        Open safe is like my least favorite and favorite song on c5 at the same time. Not a fan of the beat or the first verse but tht verse at the end is one of the dopest on c5, and tht swag is nasty, starting with (ok nigga I been known Jose nigga) and let it fly one of my fav verses on c5, still can't get into can't be broken, idk why

As far as XO Tour Life goes tht sht is dope. Easily one of the best on d6, but tht sht was not on c5, Wayne didn't use tht vocal delivery, flow, or rhyme scheme on c5, he sounded relaxed, laid back, was switching up his rhymes and spelling shit, and goin fast, we didn't get tht on c5. My dawg is an example of the old school classic Wayne style and it's funny cuz even on tht song I felt like he emphasized how easy tht was for him, which I thought was the best song on d6, he kilt tht with the flow and bars and diverse rhyme schemes like it was nothing, once again which we didn't see on c5. He even used the lazy flow like showing he does this in his sleep. We got more of big bad wolf and Bloody Mary where the flow is more energized with tht new d6 voice (especially big bad wolf) and more straight forward rhyme schemes

Comment

OP you're soooooo wrong on this

Comment

Nothing Wayne has put out since C5 has been anywhere near C5 level. Wayne said he was recording C5 basically up to the last minute, revising shit, redoing verses etc. Creed 2 intro was trash. The C5 leftovers were aight. Velvet was just ok.

This only further reinforces my original theory: Mack has Wayne ears like most of us fans do. Even hasta la vista which is kinda fire has mad dick and pussy bars. Y�all should be down on your knees thanking that nigga because as each subpar new Wayne track surfaces it really confirms how we finally have someone who ain�t a yes man. Someone who can weed out all Wayne�s bad habits and put out an album of consistent quality that�s deep, dope, and has very few of any cringe bars.

So mack needs to step up again and put together a C5 reloaded with the same attention to quality control.

Yall dont even seem to realize how desperatey wayne needed someone with Mack�s taste and balls. He probably heard mad bangers but was like �these are aight but great hooks and mediocre bars are not gonna make a classic�. That shit would�ve been short lived.
            Relax

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
              Open safe is like my least favorite and favorite song on c5 at the same time. Not a fan of the beat or the first verse but tht verse at the end is one of the dopest on c5, and tht swag is nasty, starting with (ok nigga I been known Jose nigga) and let it fly one of my fav verses on c5, still can't get into can't be broken, idk why

As far as XO Tour Life goes tht sht is dope. Easily one of the best on d6, but tht sht was not on c5, Wayne didn't use tht vocal delivery, flow, or rhyme scheme on c5, he sounded relaxed, laid back, was switching up his rhymes and spelling shit, and goin fast, we didn't get tht on c5. My dawg is an example of the old school classic Wayne style and it's funny cuz even on tht song I felt like he emphasized how easy tht was for him, which I thought was the best song on d6, he kilt tht with the flow and bars and diverse rhyme schemes like it was nothing, once again which we didn't see on c5. He even used the lazy flow like showing he does this in his sleep. We got more of big bad wolf and Bloody Mary where the flow is more energized with tht new d6 voice (especially big bad wolf) and more straight forward rhyme schemes
              My Dawg was dope, and easily one of the best on D6, but it's still very modern Wayne IMO. It's VERY structured, and he almost never strays from the rhyme pattern. Old Wayne used to twist words and syllables within bars. He would randomly take one word, start rhyming only that word and nothing else, then mutate the flow into something completely different. He would allow the themes of his raps to follow very much the same vein. In other words he used to kind of paint himself all over the words as an abstract piece, as opposed to now when his bars are very much like literal bars holding up the framework of his thoughts, ideas, emotions, songs. His rapping is very "reliable" now, rarely unpredictable and slow. Now, he favors blocks of succinct thought, as opposed to a trippy, slow motion free association style.
              BTW- Im mainly talking about DD3/C3 era above.

His flow in 2007-09 was like silly putty with elastic stuck in it. Now it's like a train -- fast, efficient, strong.

Now, if we are talking C1/C2 era I would say his flow was more like--- I don't know what. It was similar to what other people at the time were doing, but he was doing it waaaaayyyy better and pioneering a new path. I guess I'd say his flow and lyrics back then were just pure genius swagger. It also had a lot to do with the beats he was spitting over. Different times.

Anyway I get what you're saying with the My Dawg thing, but I just don't think anything sounds like classic Wayne except classic Wayne, and his evolution is cool with me as long as he's rhyming hard, clever, and like he means it.

Re: XO Tour Life, I know he didn't bring that exact flow -- but he did bring the "leave no space empty" thing to a lot of C5 songs. Meaning, songs like Let It Fly, Mona Lisa and many others have Wayne spitting one syllable per 16th note (I guess) like a machine gun. It suits him well. The other thing about XO is that its lyrics were far more poignant and serious than most other D6/6R songs. Gone were the pussy references (even the dope ones!) and he was talking about his son, fame, insecurity, materialism... it was surprisingly deep! And I don't think anyone can dispute that ended up all over C5.
              Last edited by no_tom&jerry; 11-19-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Fight Me

Comment

My Dawg was dope, and easily one of the best on D6, but it's still very modern Wayne IMO. It's VERY structured, and he almost never strays from the rhyme pattern. Old Wayne used to twist words and syllables within bars. He would randomly take one word, start rhyming only that word and nothing else, then mutate the flow into something completely different. He would allow the themes of his raps to follow very much the same vein. In other words he used to kind of paint himself all over the words as an abstract piece, as opposed to now when his bars are very much like literal bars holding up the framework of his thoughts, ideas, emotions, songs. His rapping is very "reliable" now, rarely unpredictable and slow. Now, he favors blocks of succinct thought, as opposed to a trippy, slow motion free association style.
                  BTW- Im mainly talking about DD3/C3 era above.

His flow in 2007-09 was like silly putty with elastic stuck in it. Now it's like a train -- fast, efficient, strong.

Now, if we are talking C1/C2 era I would say his flow was more like--- I don't know what. It was similar to what other people at the time were doing, but he was doing it waaaaayyyy better and pioneering a new path. I guess I'd say his flow and lyrics back then were just pure genius swagger. It also had a lot to do with the beats he was spitting over. Different times.

Anyway I get what you're saying with the My Dawg thing, but I just don't think anything sounds like classic Wayne except classic Wayne, and his evolution is cool with me as long as he's rhyming hard, clever, and like he means it.

Re: XO Tour Life, I know he didn't bring that exact flow -- but he did bring the "leave no space empty" thing to a lot of C5 songs. Meaning, songs like Let It Fly, Mona Lisa and many others have Wayne spitting one syllable per 16th note (I guess) like a machine gun. It suits him well. The other thing about XO is that its lyrics were far more poignant and serious than most other D6/6R songs. Gone were the pussy references (even the dope ones!) and he was talking about his son, fame, insecurity, materialism... it was surprisingly deep! And I don't think anyone can dispute that ended up all over C5.
                  Just out of curiosity what is your opinion on the Sorry 4 The Wait 2 and FWA era compared to his newer D6 style?

There�s a skit at the end of one of the songs on D6 Reloaded where he says something along the lines of �when you use up everything in your head, it starts to come from somewhere else. 10 times out of 10 it�s your heart.� I wonder if that mindset sorta influences his new style nowadays. Could be looking too deep into it though.

Comment

but c5 did happen

Comment

What a reach

Comment

As said before, fuck Wayne�s team and management

Comment

it kills me that people talk about velvet sessions like they a real project WEEZYMAFia really shook the game up

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
                          X