- I Am Not A Human Being II

Tier 5 - Bad:
    - Tha Carter IV

Are you saying IANAHB2 > C4?

Comment

Originally posted by Blu View Post
      Are you saying IANAHB2 > C4?
      yeah..... and im aware thats a controversial opinion BUT hear me out

C4 disappoints me for a number of very big reasons whilst IANAHB2 is just a fun lil side album with some pretty good bangers that ISNT a main series entry

reasons for disappointment include but are not limited to the following

1. it being an entry to the carter series it needs to hit some core pillars which it didn't
      2. following C3 one of the greatest albums OAT huge expectations existed only for it to be pretty damn trash in comparison
      3. beginning of the decline in terms of quality/substance
      4. post jail hype this was a big return album for wayne since the entries before that were the experimental REBIRTH as well as the side album IANAHB1 this was a big deal wayne dropping Tha Carter 4 he needed to do something prevalent and special but he just didn't
      5. comparing it to other albums that released in that year from other artists the lacklustre-ness of it is prevalent
      6. awful production
      7. great features being put on an interlude/ontro on a pretty garbage beat with no new wayne verse??
      8. a number of questionable bars/some of worst in his career which had no place on C4

now i know its a controversial opinion from the outside looking in because looking at the track-listing there are a lot of "gems" right? how could an album that has 6 foot, john, nightmare be considered "bad"

but lets look at C4 with a critical eye as a cohesive start to finish album its easily worst in his career just based on the gravity and magnitude of what this album should have been and what it represented

BEST SONGS
      6 foot 7 foot being one of my fav songs ever there are also a couple of gems on there like nightmares of bottom, how to love, john, president carter, Mirror but when we compare these songs with the rest of his career they simply arent anywhere near the top

AVERAGE SONGS
      average songs for me are megaman, im good, blunt blowin, abortion although good bangers they have pretty boring ass beats as well as some flat bars within the songs themselves and as i mentioned previously when compared to the rest of waynes catalogue they aren't that great and can even be considered bad

BAD SONGS
      lets also not forget the awful songs on there like intro, how to hate, so special which are easily some of the worst in his career full stop

C4 falls flat on its face on many of the things it attempts to do and the style and bars are very clearly lazy and the songs that could be considered "good" simply don't compare to the rest of his career it had pretty big shoes to fill and it didnt feel like wayne was even attempting to match or surpass that entry and im not a dusthead thats always like i neEd oLd wAynE back but he needed to do something creative, vibrant, interesting but instead gave us a flat sell out record
      Last edited by Zimmie; 08-27-2019, 11:24 AM.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
      X