Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is C5 a high bar for Funeral to surpass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blu View Post
    He�s been on plenty of features this year. At least that�s what I�m gauging it off of at the moment.
    what if funeral is old songs

Comment

I think C5 is a high bar in terms of quality, and I think Funeral will be as good or better, in a different way as others have said

But I think the bigger issue is its not being promoted and its not a Carter, so no matter how good it is compared to C5 less people will care before you're even out of the gate. The narrative(s) on which you could market this album are so strong, and its such an important album for him...I feel like the anticipation around this should/could be as high or higher than C5 and yet crickets. I get that they want to leave some mystery around it, I get that the thinking on album drops is a moving target nowadays and I get that Wayne doesn't really believe in convincing people to listen to him, but the lack of any discussion about it, especially discussion that puts it in the context of C5 and the whole Cash Money situation really cuts the legs out from under it. I feel like this very question should be being built up publicly, which would be good for both albums, and instead its like pulling teeth to get any information about it, he doesn't mention it live with Blink, its not even in the fine print on the ViP tix for sale anymore

And of course that brings us to a fundamental issue which is that some of his most amazing stuff is unknown among the general population that would probably love it if they were made aware. So in a way it doesn't matter how amazing it is compared to C5, if people beyond his core fans don't know why they should listen they won't. Or maybe just briefly then move on

Comment

Originally posted by -_- View Post
        I'm honestly more tired of the lighter flick than that
        Never tired of the lighter flick. But nah it�s not tht high. C5 had some gems but as a whole wasn�t tht strong. can�t listen to it throughout He should say fck the cristicsm, rap about what he wants, with his reg voice and classic flow every now and then.

But mainly the beats. I don�t think he�d waste a beat at this point in his career but he needs some good beats. Like Hasta la vista and in this house were generic modern beats and he gave a generic modem flow. Let it Fly was a new beat but unique and he gave a new and unique flow and voice. That�s all he gotta do. Give us good beats and authentic flows which he�s known for and it should honestly blow C5 out the water.

But we all know that won�t happen and this could be one of Wayne�s all time lowest moments

Comment

he definitely has room for improvement as always he could drop something spectacular here

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
            Never tired of the lighter flick. But nah it’s not tht high. C5 had some gems but as a whole wasn’t tht strong. can’t listen to it throughout He should say fck the cristicsm, rap about what he wants, with his reg voice and classic flow every now and then.

But mainly the beats. I don’t think he’d waste a beat at this point in his career but he needs some good beats. Like Hasta la vista and in this house were generic modern beats and he gave a generic modem flow. Let it Fly was a new beat but unique and he gave a new and unique flow and voice. That’s all he gotta do. Give us good beats and authentic flows which he’s known for and it should honestly blow C5 out the water.

But we all know that won’t happen and this could be one of Wayne’s all time lowest moments
            I liked hasta la vista.
            Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

I think Funeral will be better than C5 because he has been working on it for awhile & all the music is going to be new. My only concern with this album is the production & will it have theme or concept behind it instead of being all over the place

Comment

It�s gonna sound like Tha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                  Never tired of the lighter flick. But nah it’s not tht high. C5 had some gems but as a whole wasn’t tht strong. can’t listen to it throughout He should say fck the cristicsm, rap about what he wants, with his reg voice and classic flow every now and then.

But mainly the beats. I don’t think he’d waste a beat at this point in his career but he needs some good beats. Like Hasta la vista and in this house were generic modern beats and he gave a generic modem flow. Let it Fly was a new beat but unique and he gave a new and unique flow and voice. That’s all he gotta do. Give us good beats and authentic flows which he’s known for and it should honestly blow C5 out the water.

But we all know that won’t happen and this could be one of Wayne’s all time lowest moments
                  I hate the lighter flick now lol

Comment

Originally posted by -_- View Post
                    I hate the lighter flick now lol
                    Oh my gosh no it�s classic

Comment

Working...
                    X