Official C5 haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official C5 haters

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course but th way y�all jump on the �OG C5 > C5� bandwagon just shows how fickle y�all are. Think about all the rave reviews you niggas gave for uproar, let it fly, can�t be broken, official Mona Lisa, hittas, perfect strangers, open safe/letter, let it all work out, and countless others. C5 was a masterpiece and if you listen carefully you hear how all evidence of Wayne�s wack �my dick� lines and his other bad habits were siphoned out for release. The song sequencing is majestic. The personal angle something to behold. Y�all were on YouTube literally fucking crying to his mamas intro and the xxx song. Lol

Now you hear life of mr Carter and Scottie Pippen and you call the real album trash. I always knew those two was gonna be dope. And I admit a lot of the other new stuff is fire � better than I thought it would be. But there�s still some trash here and some cringey struggle bars you didn�t hear a lot on real C5. Even Scottie Pippen (which would�ve fit beautifully on C5) has that one eyed dick line smack in the middle of the song like a lead balloon! Doesn�t ruin it because it�s wayne animal vibes and sometimes the flow is just too dope to break or quibble over the odd bad lyric. But i always admired how most if not all of that was flushed out for the real C5.

I know its exciting that thee have arrived. I also know that I�ll be bumping these all fall. But a handful of dope tracks doesn�t render the official C5 garbage now. This is just short sighted hating. Let�s be real about it. I don�t care how good Life of Mr Carter and Scottie Pippen is.. they�re not better than the almost cinematic scope and care put into Tha Carter V.

Side note: there�s like 5-8 truly fire songs in the leak. I�m loving the whole experience.

Both are perfect, the one we got was amazing and perfect for the year it was released, honestly they shoulda did 2 parts but I’m just so happy we got the old one too. I was so hungry for Funeral now I’m so full, it’s like we jus got another official brand new album. What a time to be alive.

Comment

i havent seen anyone call c5 "trash"

Comment

its the heat of the moment

no one can understand how LOMC and scottie pippin and good form and no brainer and mute didn't make official c5

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          i havent seen anyone call c5 "trash"
          Then you should kill who you been askin!!

Comment

Uproar, let it fly, Hittas, dope niggaz, dope New Gospel, What About me, demon, and perfect Strangers are dope

But Scottie Pippen, take it Slow, if I dont she mine, never Really Mattered, good form, better Get em, and my niggaz are so dope as well.

The vibe of them tracks is godly. And the voice. Hittas is like my favorite song on c5 cuz if the vibe. And all them og c5 songs have tht vibe. Like I always say C5 has some classic songs. But the overall vibe of the og is better imo. As a whole. Them verses are more unique and the vibe. Like I get what Wayne meant when he sed �he fuckin loved it� and he hasn�t heard anything like it in music history period. Songs like if I don�t shes Mine, take it Slow, and never Really Mattered show his all around talent. To stunt, rap, and vibe. Like his full package. Say what u want but can�t be broken doesn�t do that for me. Nor does took his time or some of the other new songs. Especially don�t cry. That was the weakest delivery ever. They showed a clip of old people listening to Don�t cry and they sed his delivery is weak.

- - - Updated - - -

And Mona Lisa. Both of them versions were dope

- - - Updated - - -

and that dick line was dope

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
              Uproar, let it fly, Hittas, dope niggaz, dope New Gospel, What About me, demon, and perfect Strangers are dope

But Scottie Pippen, take it Slow, if I dont she mine, never Really Mattered, good form, better Get em, and my niggaz are so dope as well.

The vibe of them tracks is godly. And the voice. Hittas is like my favorite song on c5 cuz if the vibe. And all them og c5 songs have tht vibe. Like I always say C5 has some classic songs. But the overall vibe of the og is better imo. As a whole. Them verses are more unique and the vibe. Like I get what Wayne meant when he sed “he fuckin loved it” and he hasn’t heard anything like it in music history period. Songs like if I don’t shes Mine, take it Slow, and never Really Mattered show his all around talent. To stunt, rap, and vibe. Like his full package. Say what u want but can’t be broken doesn’t do that for me. Nor does took his time or some of the other new songs. Especially don’t cry. That was the weakest delivery ever. They showed a clip of old people listening to Don’t cry and they sed his delivery is weak.
              I always fuck with can’t be broken. Dope track. However.
              I always wish Wayne used a better delivery and voice on don’t cry, not the marbles in the mouth flow of these times. But I appreciate the emotional hook and some of the wisdom Wayne eloquently puts forth. It’s part of the bigger picture. Took his time sounds to me like Wayne should’ve used a very different flow. More old school. It’s not the first song I reach for, but I dig the vibe and some of the bars are LOL funny. So I think our tastes are kind of the same. No homo. which makes it all the more surprising to me that you’re ok with Mute and Just Chill. Those fucking songs make me cringe like Krazy. Maybe a couple others as well.

in the new leak there is nonstop heat for extended periods. Fact. There is also some points where he slips into a 2013-ish flow or makes some lame ass joke about his dick. Some bullshit. C5 was pretty serious at times. In fact there was a thread I made long ago about how the only “freestyle” (ie. No hook) track is Open Letter. Maybe Mona Lisa if you disregard some repetition bars. Either way, I always felt they very deliberately kept those type of songs off C5 (whereas they frontloaded C4 with them - intro, megaman, 6’7, nightmares - because of the popularity of A Milli)). I love freestyle Wayne songs but only when the bars are dope...

that said, Scottie Pippen bars is dope af. Life of mr Carter is basically a freestyle track too, just with a repetitive lyrical theme. It’s one of the best he’s done since 2009. These SHOULD have been on C5 proper. That’s a mistake right there taking them off.

I think the looser vibe you talk about (and freestyle tracks) was largely abandoned on C5 because they were trying to do something more classic. And tbh people weren’t taking Wayne seriously anymore. C5 was the first time since C3 that Wayne was taken seriously. Another fact. So if that’s what they were after, they succeeded.

I love the haywire barely held together energy of Open Safe, and sometimes I wish there was more of it, but STSOR follows it so it scratches that itch before moving on. That’s the sort of intentional thoughtful sequencing I talk about. C5, maybe more than any other Carter, tries to be all things to all fans. And to tell you the truth it comes as close as anyone as diverse as Wayne could possibly come! Just my opinion but it’s a very balanced classic enjoyable album.

Comment

See this is our fault. We may have fucked with Wayne�s energy. He had energy sayin tht kind of sht. Then we lowkey turned on my man in the heat of his prime. Now he lost the Jazz he had about him. Now he don�t rap like that no more. That sht was dope. Now he rap like can�t be broken and dedicate. Which say what U want is not remotely close to Scottie Pippen, or never Really Mattered, form Good, or my niggaz. Or tht verse on if I dont She�s Mine. He be playin it Safe now instead of letting it rip like on the og c5

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by no_tom&jerry View Post
                I always fuck with can�t be broken. Dope track. However.
                I always wish Wayne used a better delivery and voice on don�t cry, not the marbles in the mouth flow of these times. But I appreciate the emotional hook and some of the wisdom Wayne eloquently puts forth. It�s part of the bigger picture. Took his time sounds to me like Wayne should�ve used a very different flow. More old school. It�s not the first song I reach for, but I dig the vibe and some of the bars are LOL funny. So I think our tastes are kind of the same. No homo. which makes it all the more surprising to me that you�re ok with Mute and Just Chill. Those fucking songs make me cringe like Krazy. Maybe a couple others as well.

in the new leak there is nonstop heat for extended periods. Fact. There is also some points where he slips into a 2013-ish flow or makes some lame ass joke about his dick. Some bullshit. C5 was pretty serious at times. In fact there was a thread I made long ago about how the only �freestyle� (ie. No hook) track is Open Letter. Maybe Mona Lisa if you disregard some repetition bars. Either way, I always felt they very deliberately kept those type of songs off C5 (whereas they frontloaded C4 with them - intro, megaman, 6�7, nightmares - because of the popularity of A Milli)). I love freestyle Wayne songs but only when the bars are dope...

that said, Scottie Pippen bars is dope af. Life of mr Carter is basically a freestyle track too, just with a repetitive lyrical theme. It�s one of the best he�s done since 2009. These SHOULD have been on C5 proper. That�s a mistake right there taking them off.

I think the looser vibe you talk about (and freestyle tracks) was largely abandoned on C5 because they were trying to do something more classic. And tbh people weren�t taking Wayne seriously anymore. C5 was the first time since C3 that Wayne was taken seriously. Another fact. So if that�s what they were after, they succeeded.

I love the haywire barely held together energy of Open Safe, and sometimes I wish there was more of it, but STSOR follows it so it scratches that itch before moving on. That�s the sort of intentional thoughtful sequencing I talk about. C5, maybe more than any other Carter, tries to be all things to all fans. And to tell you the truth it comes as close as anyone as diverse as Wayne could possibly come! Just my opinion but it�s a very balanced classic enjoyable album.
                And yeah I love his freestyles but I just meant his like overall vibe like �happy� vibe. Like he sounded like he enjoyed making it. And was feelin himself. Outside of let it fly, on the new recorded songs idk if he was feelin himself. He wanted us to feel him on dedicate but I don�t know if he felt it like that. Like usually Wayne be feelin himself and knows he snapping. He barely rapped like that on the new c5. Like he didn�t feel like the greatest we know he is. He was rapping like he was trying to prove to us he was the greatest after all these years. On og he rapped he knew he was the greatest.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean even the change up on don�t cry/ better Get em. �No more lil Tunechi no more king of rap� changed to �I am not number 1 it�s true�

HE IS NUMBER 1

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah he was spittin on can�t be broken but he lowkey played it safe. The rhyme scheme and bars and energy. Even voice. Different from tht fiery �I�m a monster a cold blooded monster� flow of Scottie Pippen.

- - - Updated - - -

And the beat. That�s what does it for me. Then og cv beats were better. And mute isn�t a fan favorite but the autotune is kinda nice. And them verses on just chill are lowkey kinda fye. �And if anyone want to step to me tell him hurry up and take bigger steps�

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                  See this is our fault. We may have fucked with Wayne’s energy. He had energy sayin tht kind of sht. Then we lowkey turned on my man in the heat of his prime. Now he lost the Jazz he had about him. Now he don’t rap like that no more. That sht was dope. Now he rap like can’t be broken and dedicate. Which say what U want is not remotely close to Scottie Pippen, or never Really Mattered, form Good, or my niggaz. Or tht verse on if I dont She’s Mine. He be playin it Safe now instead of letting it rip like on the og c5

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah I love his freestyles but I just meant his like overall vibe like “happy” vibe. Like he sounded like he enjoyed making it. And was feelin himself. Outside of let it fly, on the new recorded songs idk if he was feelin himself. He wanted us to feel him on dedicate but I don’t know if he felt it like that. Like usually Wayne be feelin himself and knows he snapping. He barely rapped like that on the new c5. Like he didn’t feel like the greatest we know he is. He was rapping like he was trying to prove to us he was the greatest after all these years. On og he rapped he knew he was the greatest.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean even the change up on don’t cry/ better Get em. “No more lil Tunechi no more king of rap” changed to “I am not number 1 it’s true”

HE IS NUMBER 1

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah he was spittin on can’t be broken but he lowkey played it safe. The rhyme scheme and bars and energy. Even voice. Different from tht fiery “I’m a monster a cold blooded monster” flow of Scottie Pippen.

- - - Updated - - -

And the beat. That’s what does it for me. Then og cv beats were better. And mute isn’t a fan favorite but the autotune is kinda nice. And them verses on just chill are lowkey kinda fye. “And if anyone want to step to me tell him hurry up and take bigger steps”
                  Let's see how he will rap on Funeral.
                  But the fact is 2014 Wayne is long gone, from now on we can expect D6/Let It Fly/2 Dollar Bill type rapping(which i love)
                  Last edited by mania983; 09-15-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
                    Let's see how he will rap on Funeral.
                    But the fact is 2014 Wayne is long gone, from now on we can expect D6/Let It Fly/2 Dollar Bill type rapping(which i love)
                    If he does that yeah it�ll be dope. We just gotta hope he does

Comment

So yall righting essays now...

But I like both versions of C5. I like the newer songs from 2018 C5 a lot. I dont know why only the people on lilwaynehq hate them the most.
                      Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

I’ve always equated wayne’s current rapping (D6 style) to great athleticism. When you do something and master it the tendency is to keep evolving. If you don’t, then you end up bored and resentful. I truly believe IANAHB2 era Wayne was just that: him trying to be what people wanted him to be, but the world had moved on, he’d moved on, and the natural order of things was stunted and Wayne’s raps mutated into trash.

2014 was a definite resurgence, but tbh a C5 that had songs as perfect as LOMC and Scottie Pippen alongside crap like start a fire and krazy, I would not be into it. I think Wayne and his camp — mainly his camp — got tired of putting out albums that played like mixtapes, with diminishing returns. C5 was an attempt at a mature, reflective Wayne album ... like every true rap giant must make eventually.

I’d say Wayne truly snapped on open safe, let it fly, can’t be broken, Mona Lisa, open letter. He delivered deliberately chill more old school vibes on uproar, hittas, dope niggaz, start this shit off right, etc. And elsewhere he reaches for that emotional center and hits it on perfect strangers, let it all work out, dope new gospel, famous, etc. He also plays the pop star some expect on what about me, dark side.

Basically he plays all waynes at maximum throttle. Tbh the lyrical machine gunning wasn’t getting the attention it maybe should have. I think some might say it’s soulless. We have an ear to appreciate it but I think a lot of ppl out there might hear it as a show offy Van Halen solo or Jordan slam dunk contest; all glitz and technical excellence but no real soul. Not saying I feel that way.

Comment

Working...
                        X