Problem with Wayne Comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Wayne Comparisons

Does it not bug anyone, the people they always compare to lil Wayne. Young thug, uzi, lil baby etc.

Like it�s kind of disrespectful to Wayne. This dude is an all time great lyricist and he gets comparisons of people who sound like certain styles of him.

I just feel like there�s always a tag when saying why Wayne is a legend and it�s cuz he influenced a whole generation of dread, tattoos rappers with melodies. And he really only had the tatoos and melodies in one part of his career. During the 04-07 phase he barely had any tatoos and didn�t use melodies till the very end. Like people sleep on one of the greatest lyricist still alive

I bet it bugs Wayne too. Like he made a whole song about it and played it in the car test. An spoke on it in tht recent interview. Cuz they really don�t. Like maybe a certain style but Wayne is literally a magician with his lyrics and flows. He spent his whole career trying to prove why he is the best rapper alive and now people who swag like him get all this praise and they say that was his influence. Not his otherworldly flows and rhymes schemes and lyrics and such

yes none of them have even achieved what wayne has done.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
      yes none of them have even achieved what wayne has done.
      Facts

Comment

this is incorrect trippie and chance said wayne influenced their lyrics and flows and you can hear that in there music
        as well as kendrick drake

only artists who say that wayne influenced them aesthetically aren't lyrical to start with

alot of comparisons i see now are CURRENT wayne v THOSE ARTISTS in terms of how they are performing in the game presently

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Eh I dont think its disrespectful.

That 07-09 Wayne is the most prolific style of Wayne, which is why it’s the most influential.

Yeah great Wayne dope with the words, but his mark on hip-hop is helping shift the culture towards melody driven hip-hop. He wasn’t the first nor last to spit bars. But he’s one of the pioneers of the current sound.

Comment

none of the rappers who get compared to wayne have ever won 4 grammys in one night, influenced a whole new generation from lyrics to style, carried a label on their back, put out 100 features in a year, done a year in prison, started a label and founded 2 of the biggest artists ever..... i could go on forever

Comment

whoever you compare to weezy will always lose

Comment

Comment

I think it’s flattering. Everyone wants to see or be the “next Wayne” when they never will lol

”I just look like this, hoe, don’t be comparing me
                  Shit is so embarrassing, lowkey flattering”

- - - Updated - - -

Also people for some reason like to compare Wayne’s children who are at their commercial peak (Uzi, Thug, etc) to Wayne currently who is a decade past his & 25 years in his career

Comment

No one compares the guys you listed to Wayne overall. They compare them to the current Wayne.

Comment

Some people just can't be compared to others.... Tunechi is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
                        No one compares the guys you listed to Wayne overall. They compare them to the current Wayne.
                        No they don�t actually.

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

Working...
                        X