No announcement yet.

What's your opinion on post-NC2 Wayne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion on post-NC2 Wayne?

Since NC2 Wayne started to use a couple of different styles - most famously being the fast rapping/multiple rhymes etc(which started before NC2 but yeah)., the other being sing rapping in autotune. What's your opinion on these styles and these past few years of Wayne? Favorite projects, songs, verses? Least favorite projects, songs, verses? Did you like Carter 5 or you liked the OG Carter 5 more? Do you think the Birdman beef ruin Wayne? Do you think Birdman not being around Wayne anymore is a good thing?
    Also important changes since NC2 are painting his dreads blonde and started a toxic relationship with that granny Kimberly Rose
    Last edited by mania983; 05-30-2020, 11:27 AM.

"granny Kimberly Rose" LMAO

The thing with Wayne post NC2 imo is consistency (or post C4 even). Pre NC2 I feel like I vibed with over 90% of the stuff he put out (except C4), where as now the number ranges anywhere from 50%-90% Loved the official carter 5, Wayne rapping about his feelings and shit was so different and good. D6 reloaded also up there as one of my favourite wayne mixtapes.

Then there's funeral, which isn't a bad album but not one of my favourites either, haven't played it in a while honestly and like only parts of it at a time. Deluxe was disappointing imo

As for wayne's choices they have always been questionable Definitely wish he didn't change his dreads but lol nothing we can do about it And I'm glad birdman is not around wayne no more but I wish there were people who we could TRUST that WERE. Freaking mack maine has no idea how to deal with a superstar like wayne, where as Birdman did. Man why couldn't he have just signed to jay z...

Comment

The problems with Birdman definitely Tunechi's life and career.

Comment

2016 was the third best wayne year this decade overall, everything since 2017 has been hit or miss. His lyricism is solid but his delivery is trash

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
          2016 was the third best wayne year this decade overall, everything since 2017 has been hit or miss. His lyricism is solid but his delivery is trash
          Yeah 2016 was a goat year for Wayne he was killing those features 2017- now all have been a lot of misses

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
            when you say 2016 you mean the features? Cause Wayne doesn't have a project in 2016(except Collegrove). His features in 2016 were insane tho.

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
              when you say 2016 you mean the features? Cause Wayne doesn't have a project in 2016(except Collegrove). His features in 2016 were insane tho.
              Yup, CG was a solid project

Comment

2018 wayne was godly. fire features, fire tape and fire album. post c5 he be very trendy and tryna stay in the mix. switched up his wardrobe tryna be current. designer everything aint been wayne like that. now he using words like clout and no cap tryna be down. all these features with younger artist. he went from not listening to others now he giving full reviews of them

he being coached and pushed to do the things he doing now. even on that sneaker show they showed all the pics of him in sneakers and he purchased designer shoes. funeral wasnt great and 2020 has been a down year for wayne. kim rose wasnt his main thats why he had her in a hotel. we only know about her cuz she got cut off and started talking

constant autotune and funny voice mess hurts all his music. his songs dont reach they full potential bcuz of it. even the deluxe his autotune different every song
                Last edited by Im Raw Dawg; 05-30-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

lyrically, weezy is getting stronger and stronger
                  but i dont like how he tries to fit in with this new gen by picking weird beats and using the wrong voice

Comment

D6 D6R and C5 were fire and I’ve been digging a lot of his features, Funeral was dope and a fun album and I personally enjoyed him over weirder newer beats. I think there’s 3 things that really kill it for me lately and it’s his extra high pitch voice he does also his song selection and business moves are terrible. They have so much heat in the vault and it seems like they always add so many fillers into official projects then when they drop quality songs they never promote them correctly. I love Wayne with autotune but I’m ready for a boom bap Wayne project with his regular voice over some high quality beats, I’ve had enough of the SoundCloud/Youtube beats lol

Comment

OG NC2 > NC2
                      OG C5 > C5 (but its close)

Comment

I've gotten used to the high pitched voice, it doesn't bother me. But yeah very hit or miss since NC2. His clothing style is so weird.

Comment

Working...
                        X