X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Review of FUNERAL DELUXE

RANKINGS

1. Multiple Flows (feat UZI)

i love the new age sounding beat its a lot more interesting and "modern sounding" then a lot of what Funeral sounded like Uzi had a dope flow thru the entire song its probably my fav collaborative effort since kendrick x wayne

wayne and uzi have really good chemistry id love to hear more just the high profile feature we needed that funeral lacked Uzi x Wayne was a well overdue collaboration and something i was really looking forward to for a while so very glad it happened

waynes flow is clean as fck he employs a uzi sounding flow around the mid section that really pops but even beside that it oozes a lot of the flare and energy we love from vintage wayne some my fav lines below:

I'm Weezy F Baby, and please say the F like John F. Kennedy, nigga

And I was so trippy, I looked in the mirror, I didn't resemble me, nigga, uh
    We was so litty, I forgot to tip her, she said, "You could Venmo me, nigga"

I got a plan, I fucked her lil' homie, it got out of hand
    Wait, I'm not a fan, she gave me her only, but I'm not a fan

2. Big Worm

The vibe on this song is incredible the autotune settings are perfect it shares a lot of similarities with never mind off the main album obviously due to the same producer but feel big worm is definitely superior to never mind the hook is catchy and i enjoy the contemplative lyrics

i also really enjoy the backing vocals in particular on the second half of the song starting at 2:23 definitely got a new type of vocal effect that he uses a few times on the DELUXE definitely wouldn't mind seeing it expanded to other songs in future esp on VELVET speaking of which songs like this give me a lot of hope for that project at times singing Wayne can deliver vibes that rapping Wayne cant

3. Russian Roulette
    Although i enjoy the verses on this track i'm really not a fan of the instrumental i was expecting a low-fi alchemist inspired beat for a collaboration with the fiery and vicious Griselda crew but got a strange "sucker for pain" vibe song which wouldn't be the vibe i would personally have voted for on a Wayne x Griselda type song id say that Benny The Butcher also renegaded everyone on this song after sitting on the song for awhile and listening to it a few times does not take away from the fiery energy of waynes own verse however definitely the energy and delivery i want to hear more of from Wayne going forward

4. Love You FCk You (feat. Jessie Reyez)
    when i first heard the snippet of this joint off YM RADIO i was so disappointed and shocked at how awful it sounded i essentially wrote it off immediately and thought we were getting more nonsense from wayne on DELUXE however i was pleasantly surprised when we actually got this song jessie definitely renegades on this record but wayne definitely does his part i quite like the second half where they go back and fourth

from here on ill keep it super brief pros and cons so not to make this to long a post

5. Happen To You
    pros: good lyrics, nice instrumental
    cons: wayne vocals sound dreadful and bring the song down quite a lot guess they forgot to turn the autotune on or something

6. Help (feat Tory Lanez)
    pros: great beat, waynes energy is good, singing is strong and catchy
    cons: not a lot of wayne a lot more tory lanez also not to exciting of a song

7. all the dogs
    pros: waynes flow and energy is dope especially when the song drops in the mid top part of the song and he goes into that fast flow
    cons: mostly repetitive and boring

8. Shinny (Feat Doja Cat)
    pros: funny song doesnt take itself to seriously , dope hook, flow is tight
    cons: pretty uninspired and as such bland song most popular track on the Deluxe though surprisingly

OVERALL
    no song is awful or bad all of them go pretty hard id say definitely a step in right direction

#FREEVELVET

Who Do You Think You Are

Comment

shimmy, happen to you and russian roulette are the only songs i enjoyed from the deluxe. the rest are blah

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
        shimmy, happen to you and russian roulette are the only songs i enjoyed from the deluxe. the rest are blah
        you dont like multiple flows??

Comment

The vocals on Happen To You sound nice, the verses sound awesome. His voice from "now I'm tryna keep them snakes out my garden..." remind me of something old but I can't think what.

Comment

I think you mixed up All the Dogs with Big Worm (Big worm is the repetitive a bit boring one)

[MENTION=11868]KnockMeOut[/MENTION] Happen to You vocals remind me of Gang Gang Gang recent leak
            Last edited by BrewCitySQ; 06-07-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

No cap I found it boring

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                waynes flow is clean as fck he employs a uzi sounding flow around the mid section that really pops but even beside that it oozes a lot of the flare and energy we love from vintage wayne
                what? pretty sure uzi's whole flow is from a wayne era in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Gudda Gudda View Post
                  Who Do You Think You Are

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
                    what? pretty sure uzi's whole flow is from a wayne era in the past

nope wayne might have birthed a lot of rappers but he didnt birth certain trap flows

#FREEVELVET

Comment

i really enjoy the Funeral Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCitySQ View Post
                        I think you mixed up All the Dogs with Big Worm (Big worm is the repetitive a bit boring one)

@KnockMeOut Happen to You vocals remind me of Gang Gang Gang recent leak
                        I was thinking something from 08 or 09, like the way he strains his voice or the melody or something, can't put my finger on it. Probably not even a specific song just a general sound.

Comment

Working...
                        X