Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Wayne - Tha Carter (16th Anniversary)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne - Tha Carter (16th Anniversary)

On June 29th the Carter will be celebrating its 16th anniversary. I've been bumping it a lot lately since i've been digging into Waynes earlier mixtapes such as Da Drought 1 and 2.

My favorite songs were:

• GO DJ
    • This is The Carter
    • Who Wanna
    • Snitch
    • Bring it Back
    • Aint that a Bitch
    • Miss my Dawgs

My friend told me I was a criminal for not including BMJR as one of my favorites. I don't dislike it but personally prefer "We Don't" Over it.

We covered the project in full here:

Automatic cash
    Big booty bitch
    Girl, I'm on your ass

www.youtube.com/weezyacademy
    https://anchor.fm/theweezyacademy

Some days this is my favorite album. Wayne was so in pocket and raw at this time.

snitch
    shine
    go dj
    aint that a bitch
    this is the carter

are my favs

but not a bad song

Comment

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
      Some days this is my favorite album. Wayne was so in pocket and raw at this time.
      Yeah we were talking about how Wayne was killing it and got all the amazing beats from Mannie at the time when he was arguably at the top of his game. We were also kinda wondering if this album would've been as good if Juvie hadn't just left the label.
      Automatic cash
      Big booty bitch
      Girl, I'm on your ass

Comment

Now this is an album I haven't bumped in a while, that'll need to change lol

Fav songs are:

Go DJ
        We Don't
        Bring it Back
        Get Down
        Shine
        Ain't that a Bitch

Comment

i listened to the podcast and you throw the word "trash" way too often, BM JR 2 from OG C2 is great song, just not as great as BM JR from C1

Comment

will check out the podcast now.

Comment

first 3 posters dont mention BM JR is their favorite songs

Comment

Originally posted by neomerge View Post
                On June 29th the Carter will be celebrating its 16th anniversary. I've been bumping it a lot lately since i've been digging into Waynes earlier mixtapes such as Da Drought 1 and 2.

My favorite songs were:

• GO DJ
                • This is The Carter
                • Who Wanna
                • Snitch
                • Bring it Back
                • Aint that a Bitch
                • Miss my Dawgs

My friend told me I was a criminal for not including BMJR as one of my favorites. I don't dislike it but personally prefer "We Don't" Over it.

We covered the project in full here:

lwhq should collab and make this a lwhq podcast and get it on the lwhq blog/social media weekly

Comment

Tunechi was hungry on this album

Comment

perfect album to start the classic carter album series

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
                      i listened to the podcast and you throw the word "trash" way too often, BM JR 2 from OG C2 is great song, just not as great as BM JR from C1
                      It was my co-host heywingspan and I hadn't heard bmjr2 to confirm but I just listened and yeah that song is trash. To each his own though.

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                      lwhq should collab and make this a lwhq podcast and get it on the lwhq blog/social media weekly
                      That would be a dream come true. We'd love to even do a podcast episode with the legendary Danny.

Also next week we will be recording for The Carter files. Are all those songs cuts from c1 or also from c2?
                      Automatic cash
                      Big booty bitch
                      Girl, I'm on your ass

Comment

C1 is when he made the biggest jump of his career. And that’s not even knocking everything before that. To me that’s when he went from good to great. And like another poster said above, you could listen straight through and not have to skip 1 song. That’s hard to do and damn near impossible when you get north of 15 tracks. Fucking classic and I know this ain’t a popular opinion but to me it crushes C2. But hey I ain’t hating bc C2 is great too.

Comment

Working...
                        X