Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the W Carter Collection 2 come out before or after Dedication 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the W Carter Collection 2 come out before or after Dedication 2?

As the thread title says. It seems to me dedication 2 had to have dropped first considering Wayne mentions on track 13 interlude on WCC2 that "dedication 2 is out now" but there's several things to contradict that. First is that Google has release date as May 22 2006 but we can see by looking at mixtapetorrent.com that WCC2 was out as early as May 4th.

Either Wayne was just speculating on when this tape would drop or it was released earlier but people didn't get it until much later in may. I think dedication 2 was originally available on mixunit.com right?

I'm also wondering who had the "what you know about" and the 16bars cuts on WCC2 that appeared as "south Muzik" on dedication 2 first? Was it Mick boogie or Drama?

P.s. our review of WCC2 is below:

Last edited by neomerge; 08-04-2020, 01:20 PM.
    Automatic cash
    Big booty bitch
    Girl, I'm on your ass

www.youtube.com/weezyacademy
    https://anchor.fm/theweezyacademy

South Musik leaked in like April on TC2.7
    What U Know Remix dropped on a random Southern Smoke tape (track 14), along with the W. Carter and Dedication 2.

Wayne speaks about the remix here: Busy Lil Wayne Says 'I Am The Kobe Bryant Of Hip-Hop' - MTV

"If you can think of their name, I done something for them," he said. "Yung Joc, Remy Martin's 'Conceited' remix, I did the 'What You Know' remix with T.I. I just done a song with Kardinal Official ... Trick Daddy, Fat Joe, T-Pain ... and, oh yeah, Ms. Beyonc�. I can't forget about Ms. Beyonc�.

Not sure which was first - both seem to be may 06
    Last edited by martian master; 07-14-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post
      What U Know Remix dropped on a random Southern Smoke tape (track 14), along with the W. Carter and Dedication 2.

Wayne speaks about the remix here: Busy Lil Wayne Says 'I Am The Kobe Bryant Of Hip-Hop' - MTV

"If you can think of their name, I done something for them," he said. "Yung Joc, Remy Martin's 'Conceited' remix, I did the 'What You Know' remix with T.I. I just done a song with Kardinal Official ... Trick Daddy, Fat Joe, T-Pain ... and, oh yeah, Ms. Beyonc�. I can't forget about Ms. Beyonc�.

brah r u a history teacher

Comment

Thanks for this. Guess that means WCC2 could've very well dropped first. It's nuts how over time people lose track of when things were actually released.
        Automatic cash
        Big booty bitch
        Girl, I'm on your ass

Comment

how do we know that mixtape site is legit and had them uploaded on the correct dates?

Comment

those w carter collection tapes are so confusing when it comes to wayne's discography lol, i dont even think wayne or his team ever acknowledge them

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
              those w carter collection tapes are so confusing when it comes to wayne's discography lol, i dont even think wayne or his team ever acknowledge them
              On the intro to WCC2 Wayne mentions the actual tape on direct effect on MTV. So he atleast acknowledged it at one point.

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
              how do we know that mixtape site is legit and had them uploaded on the correct dates?
              The site was legit at that time period and is one of the few sites from that era that's still up. We can trust the posted date but that doesn't necessarily mean it's when it was released.
              Automatic cash
              Big booty bitch
              Girl, I'm on your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post

MixUnit was like DatPiff in 2006. And they had similar dates to what NeoMerge found.
                MixUnit logo is found on the official Carter files and C2P2:LFLS Mixtapes, as well as the Dedication 2 back art

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post

like Neo said, Wayne acknowledged them on MTV, which was used as the intro for the second tape. Wayne also has skits throughout the 2nd tape.

After the release of Carter 2, alot of sessions got leaked on mixtapes titled "The Carter 2.5" and "The Carter 2.7".
                Also around the same time, Lil Wayne got his shoe line with Reebok.

To promote the shoe's, Reebok got Mick Boogie to work with the artist's to make mixtapes (Lupe and Mike Jones also got shoe's around the same time). I read that when Lupe's shoe was purchased, you also got a copy of his mixtape with Mick Boogie. I think we can assume Wayne's were given out the same way.

For Wayne's tape's, they repackaged The Carter 2.5 and The Carter 2.7 leak tapes as official releases, with some features and live audio - under The W. Carter Collection name.

The name is a reference to JAY-Z's first (and only) mixtape, The S. Carter Collection. A similar compilation-type mixtape made to promote his reebok shoes in 2003.

Comment

Those shoes ^

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                    Those shoes ^
                    if u a true wayne fan youll cop them

Comment

MixUnit was like DatPiff in 2006. And they had similar dates to what NeoMerge found.
                      MixUnit logo is found on the official Carter files and C2P2:LFLS Mixtapes, as well as the Dedication 2 back art

- - - Updated - - -

like Neo said, Wayne acknowledged them on MTV, which was used as the intro for the second tape. Wayne also has skits throughout the 2nd tape.

After the release of Carter 2, alot of sessions got leaked on mixtapes titled "The Carter 2.5" and "The Carter 2.7".
                      Also around the same time, Lil Wayne got his shoe line with Reebok.

To promote the shoe's, Reebok got Mick Boogie to work with the artist's to make mixtapes (Lupe and Mike Jones also got shoe's around the same time). I read that when Lupe's shoe was purchased, you also got a copy of his mixtape with Mick Boogie. I think we can assume Wayne's were given out the same way.

For Wayne's tape's, they repackaged The Carter 2.5 and The Carter 2.7 leak tapes as official releases, with some features and live audio - under The W. Carter Collection name.

The name is a reference to JAY-Z's first (and only) mixtape, The S. Carter Collection. A similar compilation-type mixtape made to promote his reebok shoes in 2003.
                      If i'm not mistaken you removed the tags from the W. Carter Collection right?

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
                        If i'm not mistaken you removed the tags from the W. Carter Collection right?

I didn't remove the tags but rather found all the songs in their original form, NODJ. It can be found in Downloads section

Comment

Working...
                        X