The Wayne Vs. Kendrick Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wayne Vs. Kendrick Conundrum

I was quite surpirsed to see how much of yal got into ur feelings over the kendrick debate when the forbes list was brought up. i heard things like tpab was some of the best writing in hip hop, kendrick crafts better albums, wayne should be lucky to have two, carter v isnt close to dam or tpab, anyone who thinks such is delusional...wayne just throws albums together and raps about the same stuff, no one wants to hear tht...

i mean some of yal were really triggered...

i want to hear yals takes...

do yall really be going back and listening to recent kendrick more than recent wayne. or are yal just speaking from an "objective" point of view kendricks albums are better... cuz yes i agree his ability to put an album together is one of his best strengths, am i "dickriding" to find myself going back to listen to wayne more...

are us wayne fans really delusional...

is kendrick to yal a better rapper this past decade... cuz tho as full albums kendricks may be better i cant be the only one to think wayne just makes better individual songs...like kendrick albums never really have much outside of one or two songs tht really stick out. wayne consistently gives at least 8-10 while the rest make u want to stop listening altogether. whereas kendrick has no real lows so listening through is easy but u dont go back to them much.

what consitutues as better?

we all usually post our "what if" albums after they drop to fulfill how we feel the album shouldve went.. is it really waynes fault or is it macks. cuz how could we blame wayne for some of the gems on these albums and fault him for the filler. most of our soultions are cut the filler

but how do yal feel about kendrick? i mean some of yal really were hurt when we suggested some of his albums are ranked too high.

is he really night and day above wayne to yal? like yal were defending him like yal dont go back and play waynes music more

- - - Updated - - -

i mean yes carter v and deluxe as well as funeral and its deluxe have their fairshare of filler, but i just feel like the best songs from both of those albums are on another level.

like if i compare the top tracks from both albums and their deluxes and even include fwa and give kendrick dam, untitled, and tpab, its not even close..like the playlist for wayne is significantly better

Lmfao discussion ended over a week ago or something and this dude couldnt let it go
    sounds like you are the one who got in their feelings lol

I hate them thirsty bitches
    Cut them off like circumcision
    -Lil Wayne

Comment

Listening to Kendrick gets boring after awhile, while i can listen to Wayne all day.

Comment

Originally posted by lilweezyfan View Post
        Lmfao discussion ended over a week ago or something and this dude couldnt let it go
        sounds like you are the one who got in their feelings lol
        He’s still butthurt. You can tell this keeps him up at night

Comment

aint OP the one who got scared of a wayne verzuz battle

Comment

I could listen to wayne for more than 2 hours straight without getting bored...can't say the same for kendrick. Even though kendrick's discog. is more consistent, the amount of material he has put out is a fraction of wayne's so I'd HOPE he makes the albums he makes.

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
              Listening to Kendrick gets boring after awhile, while i can listen to Wayne all day.
              but surely you realise that this boils down to your personal preference kendrick is objectively a better rapper and artist then wayne in this new age

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                but surely you realise that this boils down to your personal preference kendrick is objectively a better rapper and artist then wayne in this new age
                Ima disagree with you. He might have better production but Wayne is wayyyyyyy more versatile. You know this your self, you want a velvet R&B album which means you enjoy Wayne’s R&B stuff. Wayne can rap, sing and release so much different music and all different types of features because he literally can do it all....All these new features have been incredible by Wayne and his versatility makes him a better artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                  wayne bodies him on dna second verse, his don’t kill was more entertaining to me. And Kendrick has no songs on the level of you song, cream, I’m nice, try me, back from the 80s and I might be missin some. And that’s not even mentioning features. Wayne to me is better than Kendrick as a rapper. Kendrick may make better albums but verse for verse, Kendrick may be hotter, but u know just as well as I know, Wayne best stuff is superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
                  I could listen to wayne for more than 2 hours straight without getting bored...can't say the same for kendrick. Even though kendrick's discog. is more consistent, the amount of material he has put out is a fraction of wayne's so I'd HOPE he makes the albums he makes.
                  lol this

- - - Updated - - -

Like objectively I think wayne is the obvious choice, but that’s only to those who truly have given them both an ear. To mainstream sure they’ll say Kendrick

- - - Updated - - -

How quickly we are forgetting Wayne’s 2015 feature run

Comment

This is a Lil Wayne fan forum. I'm pretty sure almost all of us prefer Wayne and can make an argument for why he's better. No disrespect to Kendrick though, I think he has like 3 out of the top 10 albums of the last decade for me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by DVNIEL View Post
                      This is a Lil Wayne fan forum. I'm pretty sure almost all of us prefer Wayne and can make an argument for why he's better. No disrespect to Kendrick though, I think he has like 3 out of the top 10 albums of the last decade for me personally.
                      What are the other 7?

Comment

what is this conundrum you are talking about?

Comment

Working...
                        X