Tha Carter V has aged gracefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tha Carter V has aged gracefully

everytime i listen to Tha Carter V i find a new favourite moment or song its such a great album one of waynes best all time

#FREEVELVET

not one of these threads again
    i hope you werent one of the ones hating on it as soon as it dropped
    this happens all the time with weezy projects

Comment

It's true though. As much as I liked it when it came out I like it even more now.

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
        not me haha i always loved C5

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
        some songs i didnt like though i like now like hITTAS AND problems

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Agreed. It's a great album and really has aged well so far. Only skip about 3-4 songs from the album, deluxe included.
          #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
            not me haha i always loved C5

- - - Updated - - -

some songs i didnt like though i like now like hITTAS AND problems
            You like Problems now? I know you shitted on it heavilly. And Hittas is classic 2014 Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
              You like Problems now? I know you shitted on it heavilly. And Hittas is classic 2014 Wayne
              i did tbh USED 2 still trash for me but problems came on rotation the other day whilst i was driving around and it hit different lol
              Hittas honestly always slapped for me thought was a vibe

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I've liked Carter 5 after the first listen and I still like it. So there wasn't much growing or getting familiar with it necessary for me to feel it.
                It's just a very well rounded well constructed piece of music. 23 tracks, not one outright bad song for me. A Mature, introspective and thoughtful Wayne going over the struggles and tribulations of his status in the game and label issues and feeling betrayed and backstabbed.
                It was everything I wanted Carter 5 to be and more. With that being said, naturally I assumed this is the Wayne we will be getting on projects from now on and there is no more "I shoot that nigga and fuck this bitch but also fuck that bitch on her period" Lil Wayne with one poor and boring and uninspired line after another.
                On the other hand this makes Carter 5 his last truely good project as the writing has been on the wall since Funeral if were being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                  I've liked Carter 5 after the first listen and I still like it. So there wasn't much growing or getting familiar with it necessary for me to feel it.
                  It's just a very well rounded well constructed piece of music. 23 tracks, not one outright bad song for me. A Mature, introspective and thoughtful Wayne going over the struggles and tribulations of his status in the game and label issues and feeling betrayed and backstabbed.
                  It was everything I wanted Carter 5 to be and more. With that being said, naturally I assumed this is the Wayne we will be getting on projects from now on and there is no more "I shoot that nigga and fuck this bitch but also fuck that bitch on her period" Lil Wayne with one poor and boring and uninspired line after another.
                  On the other hand this makes Carter 5 his last truely good project since the writing has been on the wall since Funeral if were being honest.

VERY VERY VERY true man you mirrored my thoughts and feelings exactly i thought wayne would evolve from C5 with great beats and vibes and maturity but instead he regressed started trying to become a 2020 era mumble soundcloud rapper with the drugs problems to boot

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I think Uproar might be the worst song on the album...... but Tunechi's team decided to go with that as the single

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                      VERY VERY VERY true man you mirrored my thoughts and feelings exactly i thought wayne would evolve from C5 with great beats and vibes and maturity but instead he regressed started trying to become a 2020 era mumble soundcloud rapper with the drugs problems to boot
                      Exactly. Yeah you can vibe to comme des garcons and afro and the vice versa track but don't come at me and say there's bars on one of those tracks. It's all boring non sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Zodiac! View Post
                        Exactly. Yeah you can vibe to comme des garcons and afro and the vice versa track but don't come at me and say there's bars on one of those tracks. It's all boring non sense.
                        for me those songs bring you some energy and makes you hype, kinda like Wild Dogs, I Do It, Line Em Up from Funeral

Comment

Working...
                        X