Lil Wayne reacts to Funeral going gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne reacts to Funeral going gold

Can’t believe people though it was Mack and Tez’s fault that Funeral flopped and the deluxe was outsold by G Herbo’s deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityCM View Post
      Can’t believe people though it was Mack and Tez’s fault that Funeral flopped and the deluxe was outsold by G Herbo’s deluxe
      It was Macks fault.

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

He�ll make this thread but won�t respond in the �Help find producer� thread where he got ethered and exposed as blind and stupid

Comment

the deluxe was released wrong to be fair
          Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
            the deluxe was released wrong to be fair
            I agree. The deluxe had BANGERS on it. The track with Doja cat had a lot of potential.

Wayne need to do a colllab album with Uzi tho & call it �Lil Tunechi Vert�

Comment

that picture is very disturbing

Comment

Who's fault is it? Don't say Tunechi's fault because the music is bad because its werent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                  Who's fault is it? Don't say Tunechi's fault because the music is bad because its werent.
                  exactly. They need to work on rollout and album promo. They got too comfortable with C5 and FWA. you cant just relaease an album and be done with it. for comparison scorpion and astroworld had singles bein pushed till like march of 2019
                  Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

he will

Comment

Originally posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
                      exactly. They need to work on rollout and album promo. They got too comfortable with C5 and FWA. you cant just relaease an album and be done with it. for comparison scorpion and astroworld had singles bein pushed till like march of 2019
                      to be fair they did more than they did with C5
                      3/4 Videos (Piano Trap/Not Me, Mama Mia, Big Worm) + I Don't Sleep Animated Video
                      2 Singles sent to radio (I Do It & Shimmy)
                      Attempted to start "challenges" on Triller/Tiktok (BallHardChallenge, ClapForEmChallenge) and had Wayne do a video encouraging people to do these challenges
                      A Deluxe edition within same year

While they could do more, they stepped it up from C5
                      - - - Updated - - -

I think it was just forgettable. I found for myself and people I know outside the Wayne community that there wasn't really any songs that "stuck". Not alot of stuff I found myself coming back to. Wheras C5 theres still many songs I go back to regularly today.

for Funeral I only really go back to Harden tbh. And I know many people here, a Wayne forum will disagree, but the general public sees the album this way as well. Only so much promo can do, for an album to not "flop" people have to keep going back and listening after the first weeks.

Being said, I think Mack/Tez could put resources into different songs. Like I Do It was the closest thing the album had to a hit, spending 2 weeks on Billboard and being eligible for Gold. If that song got the video treatment, it may of helped the song last longer with general public.

On the bright side, NC3 seemed to be a step in the right direction so hopefully future will be bright
                      Last edited by martian master; 02-11-2021, 08:34 PM.

Comment

That’s why it got great reviews, got nominated for Grammys for the music, and didn’t go gold in a year right?

Comment

Working...
                        X