Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayne vs Pusha Revisited: The Last Time Wayne Had Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne vs Pusha Revisited: The Last Time Wayne Had Competition.

There were multiple songs, multiple sneak references but if you think about it, this is really the last time Wayne had been challenged with there being an actual song that did some damage. (Thugger never really had any hard hitting diss songs at Wayne that anyone took serious)

Exodus 23:1 vs Ghoulish is by no means a competition when you look at the relevancy of the songs.

But on a deeper look, let's look at the songs for what they are.

Beats:

Ghoulish: A really simplistic beat with little melodies that doesn't take too much of the spotlight from the lyrics, This could've potentially been a really big thing if Wayne said some things a certain way.

Exodus: This beat is one that feels very atmospheric and one of royalty but it still leaves room for Pusha to be heard when he speaks, It adds weight and character to his words too with little emotional elements in the production.

The lyrics:

Goulish: The first thing you hear is Wayne coming in very energetic and clearly hyped up with what he knows he's doing on this song, the opening line being "Fuck Pusha T and anyone that loves him"

This is just outright speaking without any fear. On a diss song you want that trait to be strong. During this, Wayne was still arguably in his prime, but admittedly had started to be at the end of it. He became stagnant and lazy, So the inspiration to be hungry and lethal just wasn't there anymore. (See Georgia Bush)

Despite a very attention grabbing opening line, there's a lot of punchlines and bars that sound slick if this wasn't a diss song, The song itself is pretty cool if you can get away from some of that filler.

"Fuck Pusha T and anybody that love him
    His head up his ass, I'mma have to head-butt him
    Gut him, Lil Tunechi shit, weak stomach
    It's me, LT, like when you heat butter"

The opening line is one we'll all probably remember for the rest of our days when it comes to this song, But the two lines that follow are just awful. followed up by another good line that shows a lot of creativity.

On a song with an intention to diss someone, you need to be consistent and the bottom line is Wayne was very inconsistent on this song.

"Tunechi" Back in the day Wayne would use his nickname to end verses sometimes as a self applause for the verse because he felt it was so good. (Meaning he was quite confident in this song as a diss in this case)

While I'll give the punchlines A+ this as a diss is horrible, I don't think anyone here can say he won off this song.

Exodus: After that beat comes in and you're literally hearing police sirens, You can't help but think "Shit, This is going to be tough" To come with anything less than your best effort is a fail on this song, diss or not.

"Beef is best served like steak: well done" The line alone sounds a lot more dominating than "Fuck Pusha T And Anyone That Loves Him" But on a closer inspection you'll see there's many fierce lines full of knowledge of the situation years before it really came to us as fans.

"Contract all fucked upI guess that means you all fucked up
    You signed to one n- that signed to another n-
    That's signed to three n-s now that's bad luck
    Damn that shit even the odds now
    You better off selling this hard now
    You call it living out your dreams
    You can't fly without your wings"

This line clearly came from having knowledge obtained from someone around Wayne, but to put this out and have it actually be true adds a certain toughness to it.

Creativity:

Pusha: had The Dream sing this, either knowing or unknowingly and because Wayne and The Dream have had some "family issues" this one here is beyond personal in my opinion.

Wayne: There's some creative punchlines in this, but there's really not a whole lot going on outside of those.

In conclusion:

While we can fairly say Wayne lost the battle based on these two songs, Ghoulish isn't by any means a horrible "song" it's a horrible diss song, Partially due to where Wayne was at the time in his career. Current numbers are around 2.7 million.

Pusha T: The diss song currently sits at over 17 million views on Youtube for the music video, and it's a song I still play for enjoyment, not because it's about Wayne.

When you take both songs, Pusha won with his disses, While Wayne's diss probably came about 30 minutes after hearing the diss, Wayne made a song that was just something to chill to, with a couple lines about not liking Pusha thrown in. But at the same time, I appreciate that the song is pretty chill especially considering it was intended to be a diss song. As the songs have been out for nearly 10 years, Only one of them is really remembered by non-diehard fans of Wayne. (Exodus)

Following the drama surrounding Wayne and Birdman, I think Exodus will go down as one of the most honest diss songs ever.

Aftermath and future:

Wayne hasn't really done a lot of dissing since this has happened, His last real one being Coco, and that was a far better diss song than this. Wayne has the potential to make great diss records, but it's also proven even when his A game is needed he can be on autopilot.

I think being an older guy, he should be beyond the diss song game, but if he ever does do another one, I hope it has production that makes him sound bigger and badder, not something chill. I hope he can bring some factual lines to his disses too.

all i know is ghoulish > exodus

Comment

when Wayne is in his bag he's a great disser. Dedication 6 Wayne would demolish Pusha T tbh

Comment

didn't read I just came in here to say that the Exodus track is hard af, and he kinda predicted that lawsuit shit

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
          all i know is ghoulish > exodus

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
            Thugger never really had any hard hitting diss songs at Wayne that anyone took serious
            didnt he have some that leaked?

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
              didnt he have some that leaked?
              He had some songs that were good disses for Thugger, but nothing nobody really took serious you know?

Comment

It doesn�t need revisiting, Wayne won that beef

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
                  It doesn’t need revisiting, Wayne won that beef

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
                    didn't read I just came in here to say that the Exodus track is hard af, and he kinda predicted that lawsuit shit
                    thats exactly what exodus did.

I hate them thirsty bitches
                    Cut them off like circumcision
                    -Lil Wayne

Comment

pusha's problems were with drake not weezy
                      thats whats hilarious lol

Comment

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                        pusha's problems were with drake not weezy
                        thats whats hilarious lol
                        and with Birdman