it makes sense why wayne sounds so good on 'seeing green'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    You can kinda hear how it would have come out way more squeaky if it was mixed differently, it isn't really deeper than usual. I'msure there are times when his voice sounds higher because of the way he's rapping or singing or whatever but whether Wayne tells him to or not, Fabian makes his voice sound waaay too sharp and removes all the weight/depth/bass.
    facts no denying wayne is atleast somewhat pitching his voice when he spits these days but thats not the issue the issue is the audio comes thru as sharp and grating as opposed to being weighty from his natural vocal texture u can hear a very clear example of this on the song called DEEP END off nc3 his singing is smooth an autotune is fine but the actual vocals come thru as sharp and low quality SOMETHING is causin gthis shit either the mic his using, the way the studio is set up or most likely option engineers are doing something wrong

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
      facts no denying wayne is atleast somewhat pitching his voice when he spits these days but thats not the issue the issue is the audio comes thru as sharp and grating as opposed to being weighty from his natural vocal texture u can hear a very clear example of this on the song called DEEP END off nc3 his singing is smooth an autotune is fine but the actual vocals come thru as sharp and low quality SOMETHING is causin gthis shit either the mic his using, the way the studio is set up or most likely option engineers are doing something wrong
      I've also wondered whether it could be that he's using different mics but idk enough about microphones. I remember some artist, I think Lana del Rey, saying she re-recorded one of her albums using old mics because the new microphones were ruining the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
        fabian commented on the video too lol.
        What did Fabian comment? I can�t see his comment because he blocked me lmao

Comment

Originally posted by joeycmj View Post
          What did Fabian comment? I can’t see his comment because he blocked me lmao
          It’s a cross we’ve had to bear for many years now. From the outside people would like to blame engineers. But if they had any clue they would realize that when wayne does his higher voice it’s not an engineer thing. It’s what he sounds like. So u can’t blame his tracking guys. We have two of the best on the planet that will run circles around anyone I guarantee it. Also from a mixing perspective I read a lot of people saying we need the old guys back. The same from carter 3. Actually I’m here still. From 500 degrees lol. Can’t direct these at the tech guys. It’s the artists and their choice of the tone they want to perform the song in. You should actually hear it before the song is mixed. @nasty_csa is super dope. Much respect to him. If his budget allows, please feel free to reach out to my team and we can show you what your songs could sound like from the best of the best.
          It's not even about him doing his higher voice though. And it's not like Nasty C has no experience of how music is made. It kinda seems like they've just insensibly lost the ear for how to mix Wayne's voice over the years. Otherwise why can other people do it?
          Last edited by KnockMeOut; 05-20-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
            It's not even about him doing his higher voice though. And it's not like Nasty C has no experience of how music is made. It kinda seems like they've just insensibly lost the ear for how to mix Wayne's voice over the years. Otherwise why can other people do it?
            I feel you.

Nowadays Wayne has SOOOO much auto tune on certain tracks that would sound a bit better if it was toned down. The way he was using auto tune from like 2007-2011 was a lot better than what it is now. And that�s all engineers.

Comment

We need to be grateful Fabian didn�t mix this!

Comment

Working...
              X