Stories from yall OGs/older Wayne fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories from yall OGs/older Wayne fans

So I've been loving all the hype surrounding Seeing Green and especially Wayne's verse (even from Wayne's most critical fans LOL) I'm a relatively new Wayne fan, got into hip-hop/rap itself around 2017/18 and began casually listening to Wayne in 2018. I became a hardcore fan late 2019 when I'd finished his biggest albums/mixtapes (not even the leaks yet). I wasn't even following him during the C5 era/release

Anyway I'm just curious about some insane memories/favourite moments yall have had as fans. My biggest release moment ngl was last year when he crashed datpiff with NC3 and the biggest drama was the whole Trump situation.

What ya'll got for your highs and lows?

In highschool in summer for summer school when C3 just dropped, in the parking lot had like 5-6 cars bumping it from their speakers through the parking lot.

No ceilings dropping during highschool and again whole school playing it. My buddy was the president of student council at the time and he�d give me the aux cord for speakers in cafeteria to play the newest Wayne songs on there.

C4 release was hype, had buddies over to watch the MTV performance night before it dropped,

Dedication 5 dropped on my birthday and it was a Sunday, got home from club at 3am and played it drunk lmao

Comment

The best memories I have are from 2007-2009 lliterally felt like everyday that I got home there was a new Wayne leak. It was one of the best times ever. I also remember working at Circuit City when C3 was coming out. we had all the shipments come in. I stashed the album and the shirt that came with it in the warehouse where no one would find it so when I get off work I'd have a copy and the shirt lol. But shit man I don't think they'll ever be such a fucking great time to be a Wayne fan then 2007-2009
      #FreeColleGrove2

Comment

I bought 5 copies of c4 I was that hyped!!

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you, I got into Wayne Summer of 2017 as I just finished my 8th grade year of middle school. Now I'm graduating HS in less than a month. But judging off your story, I've been there a little bit longer. I remember when the In Tune We Trust EP came out and I played Magnolia and Loyalty for the rest of the summer. But I'd say the first big Wayne moment was the Bank Account drop and everyone going crazy on twitter over it. D6 was the first rap project I stood up late to listen to (even though it dropped in the day, I wasn't informed yet). March 2018 we got Vizine...which was nearly an instant classic. I spent my entire freshmen year checking out his stuff and I fell in love with his mixtape material the most. I really fell in love with Pussy, Money, Weed cause I felt like I could relate to it with a girl I met...Cannon was played on repeat while I was reorganizing my room to better update it with my high school life...I don't think I've had a better first listen to a project than the one for The Drought Is Over 2. Over the summer we got a handful of nice leaks like Third Strike and Quasimodo that really boosted the hype amongst bigger fans. Another big moment was LilWeezyAna Fest when he brought out Nicki and made public amends with Stunna. I remember I didn't have Tidal so I'd have to follow what was happening on the blog as the comments were on fire. But as I'm here now, I can't help but think of how Wayne and his music has been beside me for the last 4 years of my life. It's completely shaped my music taste and I wish I could go back in time and rediscover everything, the exact way I did for the first time. I'm about to finish his discography this month.

Comment

i remember being a leech on lwhq when dedication 3 was coming out. only signed up years later. good times

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
              i remember being a leech on lwhq when dedication 3 was coming out. only signed up years later. good times
              Other than Danny, do we know who is the second longest serving member on this website that still posts?

Comment

Damn it's cool to see people are still getting into Waynes new music.
                CIII - NC were for sure the peak era of being a Wayne fan as far as popularity. Before that Im not sure how popular all the mixtapes and leaks were as a whole in my area. Everything from the Dedications, Drought 3 and leaks were basically mashed up on burned CDs from Limewire.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                  Other than Danny, do we know who is the second longest serving member on this website that still posts?
                  [MENTION=418]WeezyFan[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
                    In highschool in summer for summer school when C3 just dropped, in the parking lot had like 5-6 cars bumping it from their speakers through the parking lot.

No ceilings dropping during highschool and again whole school playing it. My buddy was the president of student council at the time and he’d give me the aux cord for speakers in cafeteria to play the newest Wayne songs on there.

C4 release was hype, had buddies over to watch the MTV performance night before it dropped,

Dedication 5 dropped on my birthday and it was a Sunday, got home from club at 3am and played it drunk lmao
                    That sounds like such a great time to be in highschool lol the only album that got my highschool hyped was probably Astroworld and maybe the latest Drake release. Was dope but woulda loved to be there during the Wayne era

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by President Carter View Post
                    The best memories I have are from 2007-2009 lliterally felt like everyday that I got home there was a new Wayne leak. It was one of the best times ever. I also remember working at Circuit City when C3 was coming out. we had all the shipments come in. I stashed the album and the shirt that came with it in the warehouse where no one would find it so when I get off work I'd have a copy and the shirt lol. But shit man I don't think they'll ever be such a fucking great time to be a Wayne fan then 2007-2009
                    I definitely would have done the same LMAO. And fax yall lucky af

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by FreeCV View Post
                    I bought 5 copies of c4 I was that hyped!!
                    LOL do u still have all the copies?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
                    I'm in the same boat as you, I got into Wayne Summer of 2017 as I just finished my 8th grade year of middle school. Now I'm graduating HS in less than a month. But judging off your story, I've been there a little bit longer. I remember when the In Tune We Trust EP came out and I played Magnolia and Loyalty for the rest of the summer. But I'd say the first big Wayne moment was the Bank Account drop and everyone going crazy on twitter over it. D6 was the first rap project I stood up late to listen to (even though it dropped in the day, I wasn't informed yet). March 2018 we got Vizine...which was nearly an instant classic. I spent my entire freshmen year checking out his stuff and I fell in love with his mixtape material the most. I really fell in love with Pussy, Money, Weed cause I felt like I could relate to it with a girl I met...Cannon was played on repeat while I was reorganizing my room to better update it with my high school life...I don't think I've had a better first listen to a project than the one for The Drought Is Over 2. Over the summer we got a handful of nice leaks like Third Strike and Quasimodo that really boosted the hype amongst bigger fans. Another big moment was LilWeezyAna Fest when he brought out Nicki and made public amends with Stunna. I remember I didn't have Tidal so I'd have to follow what was happening on the blog as the comments were on fire. But as I'm here now, I can't help but think of how Wayne and his music has been beside me for the last 4 years of my life. It's completely shaped my music taste and I wish I could go back in time and rediscover everything, the exact way I did for the first time. I'm about to finish his discography this month.
                    This was awesome to read, thanks sm for sharing. Da Drought is over 2 is also one of my favourites first listen, instant classic which is rare cuz music really takes time to grow on me haha. Also insaneee that ur about to finish his discography, what a freaking ride. I also wish I could just start again; no artist has been able to have an effect on me yet as Weezy did, and idk if there ever will be one.

Comment

It’s crazy how long I’ve been listening to Wayne I remember the Go DJ, Fireman, Hustlers musik era....then it was mixtape Wayne all over limewire droppin leaks every week all my friends listened to Wayne leaks. Then middle school C3 dropped and we all lost it, A Millie, Lollipop and Got Money were all over the radio and he was officially a megastar. After that I was introduced to Drake and instantly he became my second favorite rapper, these 2 were just killing the features together. Then we got no ceilings and literally the world went crazy again cuz Wayne absolutely destroyed that tape and killed everybody’s beats he was in his prime. Eventually we got all the YM bedrock stuff and IANAHB and again Wayne and his team were all over the radio just killing it. Finally we got the follow up C4 and Wayne crushed it again but at this point there were more critics but he still did his thing and sold almost another millie first week still solidified as a megastar. He continued to dropped mixtapes and have fans loving his stuff but eventually around IANAHB 2 era he still had some hits like “Love Me” and “No Worries” but at that point a lot of people weren’t feeling Wayne as much anymore....shits crazy how time flies he’s had an amazing run and I can’t believe he’s STILL doing it and I can appreciate greatness even if it’s not the same as before.

Comment

There will never be a time like 2006 to 2010 ever again. That to me was like watching Michael Jordan in his 1st 3peat. Going to Myrtle Beach that summer C3 dropped and every other car on the strip had their windows down bumping it. Trying to tell all of them about the new Mr. Carter verses and Me and My Drank that had just leaked out, acting like they were all listening to old shit lol. Those were the days!

Comment

Working...
                        X