No announcement yet.

Stories from yall OGs/older Wayne fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been listening to Wayne since a little after Carter 1 came out. That run leading up to C3 was crazy. I was a freshmen in college when No Ceilings came out, that was an anthem at college the entire year. I also remember waiting for Wayne to get out of prison. I remember hearing that he might show up at Drake's show in Vegas the day he got out of prison and seeing the footage of the crowd going absolutely wild when he stepped foot on stage and goes, "yo Vegas.....I'm back"

Comment

i remember the first song i heard from weezy online to this very day
      and how it made me feel
      then i went and researched all of his music and became a big fan

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaker420 View Post
        Been listening to Wayne since a little after Carter 1 came out. That run leading up to C3 was crazy. I was a freshmen in college when No Ceilings came out, that was an anthem at college the entire year. I also remember waiting for Wayne to get out of prison. I remember hearing that he might show up at Drake's show in Vegas the day he got out of prison and seeing the footage of the crowd going absolutely wild when he stepped foot on stage and goes, "yo Vegas.....I'm back"
        Sounds like we are around the same age. I liked Go DJ, but didnt check out Tha Carter as a Freshman in High School.

It was for sure Limewire downloading all the mixtape tracks and CII that made Wayne my favorite. 2005-2009 was an unbelievable run where it seemed like Wayne could do no wrong. CIV was where people started to turn on him unfortunately.

FWA, D6/R, to CV was another amazing run.

Comment

I was a Wayne fan since i can remember. Since elementary school. But it was more casual. I stopped checkin during the ianahb2 era. I was in high school at the time, around 10th grade. I started looking up old school music at the time and casually looked through old Wayne like c2 and c1. I became a bigger fan then found the mixtapes around 11th grade and became a Stan. Sftw2 was the first tape I remember him dropping and me lke anticipating it. He had dropped the “sh!*t” remix like 2 weeks before so I was anticipating it.

but for me it would be the 2014-2015 run. It was amazing actually. The features especially, I can’t attest to the lime wire days as I only knew of his mainstream work then, but his run in 2014-2015 was an extension of his prime to me and seemed like he was getting better by the feature. That was a fun time as he was dropping it seemed like every other week and each was 10/10. And I felt like I was the only one who knew .

carter v was also a great moment for me tho as Hearing everyone bump Wayne around my college was crazy and as long as I had been a Stan it had not been like that. I was like the only one listening still. So seeing everyone just casually talking about Wayne and the album was like a dream come true as a Wayne fan.
          Last edited by jhoya101; 05-21-2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clemson#1 View Post
            There will never be a time like 2006 to 2010 ever again. That to me was like watching Michael Jordan in his 1st 3peat. Going to Myrtle Beach that summer C3 dropped and every other car on the strip had their windows down bumping it. Trying to tell all of them about the new Mr. Carter verses and Me and My Drank that had just leaked out, acting like they were all listening to old shit lol. Those were the days!
            that is so epic

- - - Updated - - -

I searched this up and think i found the video and HOLYYYY the crowd went freaking wild..!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
            I was a Wayne fan since i can remember. Since elementary school. But it was more casual. I stopped checkin during the ianahb2 era. I was in high school at the time, around 10th grade. I started looking up old school music at the time and casually looked through old Wayne like c2 and c1. I became a bigger fan then found the mixtapes around 11th grade and became a Stan. Sftw2 was the first tape I remember him dropping and me lke anticipating it. He had dropped the “sh!*t” remix like 2 weeks before so I was anticipating it.

but for me it would be the 2014-2015 run. It was amazing actually. The features especially, I can’t attest to the lime wire days as I only knew of his mainstream work then, but his run in 2014-2015 was an extension of his prime to me and seemed like he was getting better by the feature. That was a fun time as he was dropping it seemed like every other week and each was 10/10. And I felt like I was the only one who knew .

carter v was also a great moment for me tho as Hearing everyone bump Wayne around my college was crazy and as long as I had been a Stan it had not been like that. I was like the only one listening still. So seeing everyone just casually talking about Wayne and the album was like a dream come true as a Wayne fan.
            For realll and damn thats awesome that you've been listening since elementary school

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
              Other than Danny, do we know who is the second longest serving member on this website that still posts?

me

Comment

Such a legendary moment.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                  Such a legendary moment.
                  You found an even longer version than the one i saw ayy thanks! The energy of the room absolutely SHIFTED when wayne entered and the whole crowd chanting "weezy, weezy...!" chills

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
                    You found an even longer version than the one i saw ayy thanks! The energy of the room absolutely SHIFTED when wayne entered and the whole crowd chanting "weezy, weezy...!" chills
                    Drake levitated lol. He didn't know Wayne was coming to the show if I remember correctly so it was a surprise. He'd got out like the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
                      I'm in the same boat as you, I got into Wayne Summer of 2017 as I just finished my 8th grade year of middle school. Now I'm graduating HS in less than a month. But judging off your story, I've been there a little bit longer. I remember when the In Tune We Trust EP came out and I played Magnolia and Loyalty for the rest of the summer. But I'd say the first big Wayne moment was the Bank Account drop and everyone going crazy on twitter over it. D6 was the first rap project I stood up late to listen to (even though it dropped in the day, I wasn't informed yet). March 2018 we got Vizine...which was nearly an instant classic. I spent my entire freshmen year checking out his stuff and I fell in love with his mixtape material the most. I really fell in love with Pussy, Money, Weed cause I felt like I could relate to it with a girl I met...Cannon was played on repeat while I was reorganizing my room to better update it with my high school life...I don't think I've had a better first listen to a project than the one for The Drought Is Over 2. Over the summer we got a handful of nice leaks like Third Strike and Quasimodo that really boosted the hype amongst bigger fans. Another big moment was LilWeezyAna Fest when he brought out Nicki and made public amends with Stunna. I remember I didn't have Tidal so I'd have to follow what was happening on the blog as the comments were on fire. But as I'm here now, I can't help but think of how Wayne and his music has been beside me for the last 4 years of my life. It's completely shaped my music taste and I wish I could go back in time and rediscover everything, the exact way I did for the first time. I'm about to finish his discography this month.
                      Literally same as yall, got into Wayne my freshman year in 2017... now I just graduated a week ago.
                      I can't trust my iPhone I think Siri the FEDs

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
                        Drake levitated lol. He didn't know Wayne was coming to the show if I remember correctly so it was a surprise. He'd got out like the day before.
                        I find that impossible, surely he got word Lil Wayne may be there

I think it's more the first time he seen Wayne since his release.

Comment

What is classed as a �new lil Wayne fan�?

Comment

Working...
                          X