The Carti Effect Vs Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Carti Effect Vs Wayne

the Carti effect is basically the influence Carti has had on the industry since WLR/Die Lit in which we have seen a bunch of artists attempting a 'baby voice' type flow

Cartis flow:

example of other artist doing a poor imitation of it:

Wayne did a few carti beats namely wokeuplikethis = Back to SLEEP + Magnolia and shortly after
    Wayne like many other artists fell victim to thinking they could imitate his flow which resulted in these train wrecks

#FREEVELVET

But Thug Life was recorded way before that Playboi Carti song

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
      But Thug Life was recorded way before that Playboi Carti song
      please don't tell me your trying to act like wayne birthed that flow or something carti was doing his flow since 2017 at the very latest

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
        please don't tell me your trying to act like wayne birthed that flow or something carti was doing his flow since 2017 at the very latest
        I'm not, I've only ever heard 1 Carti song in my life.

I was just pointing out the Carti video you posted is from 2020 and the Thug Life song was done way before that....

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
          I'm not, I've only ever heard 1 Carti song in my life.

I was just pointing out the Carti video you posted is from 2020 and the Thug Life song was done way before that....
          obviously i used that clip as a clear example of the flow being used wasnt directly related to the song itself

#FREEVELVET

Comment

This isn't a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
              This isn't a thing.
              The "baby voice" is 100% a thing. Ken Car$on, SoFaygo, Lancey Foux, etc. There are so many people who are big in the underground world biting carti

Comment

I hear virtually no overt similarity between any of those examples, except the two Wayne songs but people have been talking about Wayne sounding high pitched since he came out of prison. What you're talking about just reminds me of D3/Rebirth era stuff.

Comment

This isn't a thing.
                  Your showing your age

- - - Updated - - -

I hear virtually no overt similarity between any of those examples, except the two Wayne songs but people have been talking about Wayne sounding high pitched since he came out of prison. What you're talking about just reminds me of D3/Rebirth era stuff.
                  Thug life/big tuh aren't comparable to d3/Rebirth its comparable to a rapper actively mimicking new age sounds in this case carti

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                    Your showing your age

- - - Updated - - -

Thug life/big tuh aren't comparable to d3/Rebirth its comparable to a rapper actively mimicking new age sounds in this case carti
                    Didn't mean those songs sound like D3, the tone of this 'baby voice', as you call it, reminds me of D3. Neither of those Wayne songs sound like they're trying to mimic the sound of playboy carti. You love to take vague similarities and interpret them as clear evidence of imitation.

And yeah I'm not some teenager lol

Comment

Wayne birthed the baby tone in 09
                      R.I.P DAD

Comment

Didn't mean those songs sound like D3, the tone of this 'baby voice', as you call it, reminds me of D3. Neither of those Wayne songs sound like they're trying to mimic the sound of playboy carti. You love to take vague similarities and interpret them as clear evidence of imitation.

I never been wrong last time I called this out during IANAHB2 ERA and said wayne is mimicking tyler/odd future i got same reaction then Wayne himself admitted to it in interviews lol

Wayne himself said his 'experimenting' with new age sounds whos one of the pioneers of the new age carti. The imitation is clear

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by J.M.I View Post
                        Wayne birthed the baby tone in 09
                        Ofcourse but this a moment of the snake eating itself Wayne created a great unique sound that took its own life and grew and now his coming around after 10 yrs riding his own wave but missing all the core foundation that made the flow unique and genre defining originally

- - - Updated - - -

Also you ignored that i mentioned lots of other artists have mimicked it poorly as well Wayne's just another victim
                        Last edited by Zimmie; 09-04-2021, 02:13 PM.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Working...
                        X