Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone know that "Bad Ass Grasshopper: The Introduction" mixtape is official?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone know that "Bad Ass Grasshopper: The Introduction" mixtape is official?

https://www.datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Ba...tape.8496.html

https://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtape...asshopper.html

I just bought a CD copy on Ebay, and the back of the cover had insider info like "The Carter III Leak In stores December 18 2007" meaning Young Money/Cash Money must've been the ones who came out with it. It says "For More Information www.cashmoney-records.com www.myspace.com/lilwayne" It's not attributed to any DJ or any bootlegger. It looks like the same guy who was doing official Jim Jones mixtape artwork at the time (Tan$ta) did the artwork altho he's not credited. The songs are CDQ NO DJ, the highest quality you can find of them, and are picked for all definitive Carter 3 Sessions compilations.

So looks like this overlooked project from November 2007 was actually put out there by Young Money. They didn't put Young Money/Cash Money logos on the CD or cover, but they aren't on the official CD copy of DD3 either. Makes sense to me based on what I've said. Official Wayne mixtapes can be obscure, think of Da Drought 1 & 2, all you can find on them is a low quality cover, tracklist, and low quality mp3s.
    Last edited by Task Force Sector 6; 10-12-2021, 06:58 PM.

Anyone can add that text to a back cover?

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

Originally posted by Task Force Sector 6 View Post
      https://www.datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Ba...tape.8496.html

https://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtape...asshopper.html

I just bought a CD copy on Ebay, and the back of the cover had insider info like "The Carter III Leak In stores December 18 2007" meaning Young Money/Cash Money must've been the ones who came out with it. It says "For More Information www.cashmoney-records.com www.myspace.com/lilwayne" It's not attributed to any DJ or any bootlegger. It looks like the same guy who was doing official Jim Jones mixtape artwork at the time (Tan$ta) did the artwork altho he's not credited. The songs are CDQ NO DJ, the highest quality you can find of them, and are picked for all definitive Carter 3 Sessions compilations.

So looks like this overlooked project from November 2007 was actually put out there by Young Money. They didn't put Young Money/Cash Money logos on the CD or cover, but they aren't on the official CD copy of DD3 either. Makes sense to me based on what I've said. Official Wayne mixtapes can be obscure, think of Da Drought 1 & 2, all you can find on them is a low quality cover, tracklist, and low quality mp3s.

its not official, but an official tape/album was supposed to come out at one point.

BAG has smoking section and mic check ft julianny, a unofficial feature. Julianny got the songs from someone who took a CD out Wayne's car and added verses.

Back in [2007], I used to post my remixes on this very popular forum called Realestniggas.com. the site had everything from pirated movies to leaked album and cracked software. I was getting a decent response for my remixes on there. My friend knew that good at getting my music around online. So he hits me up and tells me his cousin just parked Wayne's car and came up on some cds he had in there. He gets to playing the cds and realizes that it contains unfinished songs. Empty spaces for verses and all. he hits up our other two friends who are rappers and advises them to jump on the songs. then he tells me to put the songs out on Realestniggas.com. I do that and people go crazy for the new Wayne. months later Wayne appears on 106 and talks about The Carter getting pushed because his sessions were stolen. the [four] songs are [Smoking Section, Mic Check, I'm the Truth and Showtime].

Source

If this tape was official, I highly doubt they'd use a unauthorized remix by a YouTube rapper not once, but twice.

Comment

DJs would shout themselves out on the cover if they stole the CDQ NO DJ songs on this tape. They're not putting out album sound quality Wayne songs without promoting themselves. The Empire had "I Like It" with his tags over it for TDIO 4 in October 07, then a month later this came out without tags

Comment

Originally posted by FreeCV View Post
          Anyone can add that text to a back cover?

yea. I've seen bootlegs with official future release dates and the artists official social media printed on them

- - - Updated - - -

DJs would shout themselves out on the cover if they stole the CDQ NO DJ songs on this tape. They're not putting out album sound quality Wayne songs without promoting themselves. I'm pretty sure The Empire stole "I Like It" from here for TDIO 4 later that month

Lil Wayne and Friends series didn't have tags, neither did Hottest N Under the Sun.

Big Mike, Empire, DJ White Owl and Evil Empire did that shit galore but not everyone

Comment

Comment

I thought the same about this best rapper alive tape: https://www.ebay.com/itm/35353451702...QAAOSwOCxgx5cW

looks hella official, cash money records and evereything, maybe CMR made their own ''official'' tapes or something but I doubt it + it has a blend on it
              Last edited by WeezyFan; 10-13-2021, 12:17 PM.

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

i bought Dedication 3 & one of those young money millionaires tapes from best buy back in the day, i thought they were official lol

Comment

looks so fake lol

Comment

Rider, Self Destruction, I'm The Truth, Mic Check, Smoking Section, I Like It, Let's Go Crazy, Roadblock, Down In The Studio and Navigator Man
                    are these songs all meant for B.A.G.?

Comment

just because they don't have DJ tags on does not mean it is an official release bruh

Comment

Originally posted by martian master View Post
                        its not official, but an official tape/album was supposed to come out at one point.

BAG has smoking section and mic check ft julianny, a unofficial feature. Julianny got the songs from someone who took a CD out Wayne's car and added verses.

Back in [2007], I used to post my remixes on this very popular forum called Realestniggas.com. the site had everything from pirated movies to leaked album and cracked software. I was getting a decent response for my remixes on there. My friend knew that good at getting my music around online. So he hits me up and tells me his cousin just parked Wayne's car and came up on some cds he had in there. He gets to playing the cds and realizes that it contains unfinished songs. Empty spaces for verses and all. he hits up our other two friends who are rappers and advises them to jump on the songs. then he tells me to put the songs out on Realestniggas.com. I do that and people go crazy for the new Wayne. months later Wayne appears on 106 and talks about The Carter getting pushed because his sessions were stolen. the [four] songs are [Smoking Section, Mic Check, I'm the Truth and Showtime].

Source

If this tape was official, I highly doubt they'd use a unauthorized remix by a YouTube rapper not once, but twice.
                        Who was in BAG?

Tunechi, Shanell, TStreets and Mack?

Comment

Working...
                        X