the thing about modern wayne rap ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the thing about modern wayne rap ability

we never have seen it in action in a concise clear project yet Funeral was the opportunity for it but instead he opted for discount modern trap attempts
    D6 was the closest we got to a project with wayne flexing his rap ability but its a mixtape so it already loses a few points
    NC3 same deal wayne opted to imitate new flows and didnt really flex his rap ability

we know mans can spit hard af rn bash money, seeing green, bbking etc but what we need right now is a 10-15 long album of him doing it on good production with decent to good feats at minimum we are yet to experience that at this stage

#FREEVELVET

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
    we never have seen it in action in a concise clear project yet Funeral was the opportunity for it but instead he opted for discount modern trap attempts
    D6 was the closest we got to a project with wayne flexing his rap ability but its a mixtape so it already loses a few points
    NC3 same deal wayne opted to imitate new flows and didnt really flex his rap ability

we know mans can spit hard af rn bash money, seeing green, bbking etc but what we need right now is a 10-15 long album of him doing it on good production with decent to good feats at minimum we are yet to experience that at this stage
    i personally think Mahogany, Mama Mia, Wild Dogs(first verse) ,Piano Trap(second verse)is Wayne flexing his rap ability. On NC3 he raps hard on alot of songs like V8, Peggy Bundy, Comme Des Garcons, Life Is Good(second verse), Lamar, Low Down, Tyler Herro.
    But i really want Wayne album with gritty production like Bash Money and The Ritual and soulful production like Seeing Green and Hot Wind Blows, i'm tired of these souless trap beats.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
      Tunechi's team must know this is what the fans want so I would be a surprised if the next album is not exactly this.

But then again that team is useless

Comment

Originally posted by mania983 View Post
        i personally think Mahogany, Mama Mia, Wild Dogs(first verse) ,Piano Trap(second verse)is Wayne flexing his rap ability. On NC3 he raps hard on alot of songs like V8, Peggy Bundy, Comme Des Garcons, Life Is Good(second verse), Lamar, Low Down, Tyler Herro.
        But i really want Wayne album with gritty production like Bash Money and The Ritual and soulful production like Seeing Green and Hot Wind Blows, i'm tired of these souless trap beats.
        a dream situation for me perfectly ideal would be one album full of gritty grisedla type beats mixed with soulful 'venting' like drake style beats

then a seperate album "velvet" style where wayne experiments with autotune and dives into concepts similar to "staring at the world" "treasure" "little girls eyes" "deep sleep" etc

i feel wayne team tries to reenact "Tha Carters" to much where the album is a diverse collection of styles and so on i think that works amazingly on carter albums but between carters give us a concise thematic project i cant see why not it would only benefit his discography and honestly i see critics and rap fans alike rn just begging for a focused wayne project

they do this thign where non carter projects are the same but just a bit more "looser" but instead of being a cool side collection of records they just end up being messy and unfocused in everyway tha carters i feel are a great celebration of where wayne is in his career its a landmark occassion when one drops so the hype and respect for wayne carries so much of its weight both thematically and commerically but "funerals" and Ianahbs just end up flopping and being ignored or panned by critics because they are just messy unfocused and random

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Why do y�all act there were no good songs on Funeral? There were songs on there way better than songs at the top of the charts

Comment

Originally posted by Thafuture98 View Post
            Why do y’all act there were no good songs on Funeral? There were songs on there way better than songs at the top of the charts
            no one said there wasnt good songs on funeral a couple good songs out of 30 doesnt mean anything though is the problem

#FREEVELVET

Comment

I think the biggest problem is Wayne needs an executive producer like Diddy that could help him put together an album that flows. Wayne is very out of touch with reality that�s another issue� he needs to listen to more music than his own. Another thing is you can tell he�s trying to sound like new age rappers but his auto tune and high pitched voice is the definition of insufferable. It would be nice if Wayne or someone from his team would actually pay attention to the criticism because most fans are saying the same thing.

Comment

Why do y�all act there were no good songs on Funeral? There were songs on there way better than songs at the top of the charts
                Haters. There was a few fillers but also good songs on there.

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

I think the biggest problem is Wayne needs an executive producer like Diddy that could help him put together an album that flows. Wayne is very out of touch with reality that�s another issue� he needs to listen to more music than his own. Another thing is you can tell he�s trying to sound like new age rappers but his auto tune and high pitched voice is the definition of insufferable. It would be nice if Wayne or someone from his team would actually pay attention to the criticism because most fans are saying the same thing.
                  We need Mack Maine to get gone

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
                    I believe he is a problem but Wayne is a problem too. Mack can�t continue to be y�all�s scapegoat.

Comment

Originally posted by Waynasite View Post
                      yes Mack Maine is the one recording all that shit

I hate them thirsty bitches
                      Cut them off like circumcision
                      -Lil Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                        Tunechi's team must know this is what the fans want so I would be a surprised if the next album is not exactly this.

But then again that team is useless
                        Most people do not want an album full of that.
                        Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Working...
                        X