Trust Fund Babies : A Mediocre Sidestep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust Fund Babies : A Mediocre Sidestep

i originally wrote this way back when TFB dropped but the forum corrupted and disjointed everything i wrote so i had to re-write this forum really dislikes big chunks of text

https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/li...s-funeral.html
    https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/li...al-deluxe.html

continuation of the review series

TRUST FUND BABIES is MEDIOCRE In a move no one saw coming Wayne + Rich have released their highly controversial collab project to a mostly mixed reception. its no secret that Waynes performance in recent years has been very inconsistent, evident in his recent album Funeral which was his worst in a long time and NC3 which was a mostly forgettable mixtape with some highlights. Fans of Wayne and hip-hop overall have been hoping and waiting for a strong home run from Wayne especially after his great feature run this year (2021) therefore seeing this project lined up next understandably left a bad taste in the mouths of many (pause)

Trust Bund babies feels like an extension of Waynes 2021 feature run with good verses scattered throughout as opposed to a well thought out project or victory lap 'after' the run. This project is mediocre at worst in my opinion the chemistry is pretty good overall and as opposed to lot of people i listened to rich the kid occasionally before this project so he didn't sound that jarring or strange to me as i would imagine he would to other fans

Rich has also had a pretty dope run of his own with bangers like Richard Millie Patek and Prada lined up before this project that received decent reception

Initial Comments:
    To start the cover art is really corny and bad it sucks because there was some pretty cool concept drawn up before release and this being considered and advertised as an �album� therefore immortalising it in waynes catalog is pretty depressing it should have been sold as a EP or commercial mixtape or they could have put a bit more effort into the presentation and sequencing to give it a more quality album feel

WORST SONGS
    STILL
    Wayne again doing his TERRIBLE screeching voice bullshit on here NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR with a boring repetitive flow his presence is pretty pointless on this record removing him on this would lose or change nothing on the song the back and fourth on the song and ad libs are kind of cool but again don't really add that much to the record decent solo RTK song though.

Buzzin
    similar to STILL Wayne doesn't add that much to the record and could easily be removed and you lose nothing RTK had a decent energy on this and the hook is catchy but still very forgettable and YG is still YG who cares.

ADMIT IT
    Wayne's flow and verse on this sound very underwhelming, beat is nice and rtk brings a dope energy that is immediately killed by a bored sounding Wayne not big on this record at all its full potential had been unfortunately squandered by a bored lazy sounding wayne.

Shh
    this is Rich the kids FAV SONg on the project for me its pretty underwhelming and annoying to listen to both RTK and Waynes flow/delivery get a bit jarring to listen to on a few occasions particularly Waynes voice on the later half of the song but he has a nice flow on his first verse (hit that levels D5 flow at one point which was cool) however the flow/verse does fall apart sadly to the point of being awful and annoying to listen to with again Waynes cringe screeching

Mediocre Songs

Yeah Yeah
    Wayne doesn't bring that much to the table on this with a pretty repetitive uninspired verse but i really like the beat and the vibe of the record is nice i enjoy RTK on the record as well.

Bleedin
    goes hard rich has a great energy and flow on this and overall its a highlight on merit of the chemistry between rtk and wayne but its held back by its crappy beat

Headlock
    Wayne goes hard but something sounds odd about the beat when it builds up it sounds really disjointed not sure what it is but it is really obvious around RTK verse but when it drops its pretty hard

Best songs

Trust Fund
    this is my favourite record on the album and definitely the "grail" of this project Wayne & RTK go hard with a sharp flow and great bars throughout the chemistry is super captivating between both as they bounce off each-other flawlessly keeping the energy up the entire record

Big Boss
    i've been highly anticipating this record since the snippets early in the year and it did not disappoint Wayne hits the style of flow and lyricism i seek from him beat hits as well and provides great atmosphere for Wayne to go off on RTK provides a nice frame around Waynes verse not doing to much

Feeling like Tunechi
    i enjoyed it when it leaked a long time ago Wayne and rich have a nice chemistry on here "i aim for your heart like a love note" is one my fav Wayne bars in a while music video adds to the record further by being a super great Wayne tribute shout out to rich for that .

OVERALL
    i have to give props to rich for getting this to happen this is like if famous dex made an album with Kanye West or if LIL Pump made a project with Eminem or something. Dudes been working on a relationship with Wayne since 2015 ish and the project for what it is is "decent" its not plain awful and RTK i feel holds his own on a few occasions on here which is commendable on its own merit, i really like how this project came together naturally and wasn't forced you can tell Rich and Wayne like each-other as their chemistry is really rich (pun intended) and natural the project isn't a step forward for Wayne or a big step back its just a mediocre side step.

VERDICT: 5/10

now.... free CG2 https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/li...llegrove2.html

#FREEVELVET

Headlock hard af

Comment

Originally posted by I'mMe View Post
      Headlock hard af
      I�ll put u in a headlock

Comment

5 out of 10 is a fair rating

Comment

the must was average but i didnt expect it to perform so badly
          its a shame it didnt do well

Comment

It should of been a free mixtape on mixtapes websites rather than a project IMO.

Comment

Feelin Like Tunechi classic, album trash

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmie View Post
                i originally wrote this way back when TFB dropped but the forum corrupted and disjointed everything i wrote so i had to re-write this forum really dislikes big chunks of text

https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/li...s-funeral.html
                https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/li...al-deluxe.html

continuation of the review series

TRUST FUND BABIES is MEDIOCRE In a move no one saw coming Wayne + Rich have released their highly controversial collab project to a mostly mixed reception. its no secret that Waynes performance in recent years has been very inconsistent, evident in his recent album Funeral which was his worst in a long time and NC3 which was a mostly forgettable mixtape with some highlights. Fans of Wayne and hip-hop overall have been hoping and waiting for a strong home run from Wayne especially after his great feature run this year (2021) therefore seeing this project lined up next understandably left a bad taste in the mouths of many (pause)

Trust Bund babies feels like an extension of Waynes 2021 feature run with good verses scattered throughout as opposed to a well thought out project or victory lap 'after' the run. This project is mediocre at worst in my opinion the chemistry is pretty good overall and as opposed to lot of people i listened to rich the kid occasionally before this project so he didn't sound that jarring or strange to me as i would imagine he would to other fans

Rich has also had a pretty dope run of his own with bangers like Richard Millie Patek and Prada lined up before this project that received decent reception

Initial Comments:
                To start the cover art is really corny and bad it sucks because there was some pretty cool concept drawn up before release and this being considered and advertised as an “album” therefore immortalising it in waynes catalog is pretty depressing it should have been sold as a EP or commercial mixtape or they could have put a bit more effort into the presentation and sequencing to give it a more quality album feel

WORST SONGS
                STILL
                Wayne again doing his TERRIBLE screeching voice bullshit on here NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR with a boring repetitive flow his presence is pretty pointless on this record removing him on this would lose or change nothing on the song the back and fourth on the song and ad libs are kind of cool but again don't really add that much to the record decent solo RTK song though.

Buzzin
                similar to STILL Wayne doesn't add that much to the record and could easily be removed and you lose nothing RTK had a decent energy on this and the hook is catchy but still very forgettable and YG is still YG who cares.

ADMIT IT
                Wayne's flow and verse on this sound very underwhelming, beat is nice and rtk brings a dope energy that is immediately killed by a bored sounding Wayne not big on this record at all its full potential had been unfortunately squandered by a bored lazy sounding wayne.

Shh
                this is Rich the kids FAV SONg on the project for me its pretty underwhelming and annoying to listen to both RTK and Waynes flow/delivery get a bit jarring to listen to on a few occasions particularly Waynes voice on the later half of the song but he has a nice flow on his first verse (hit that levels D5 flow at one point which was cool) however the flow/verse does fall apart sadly to the point of being awful and annoying to listen to with again Waynes cringe screeching

Mediocre Songs

Yeah Yeah
                Wayne doesn't bring that much to the table on this with a pretty repetitive uninspired verse but i really like the beat and the vibe of the record is nice i enjoy RTK on the record as well.

Bleedin
                goes hard rich has a great energy and flow on this and overall its a highlight on merit of the chemistry between rtk and wayne but its held back by its crappy beat

Headlock
                Wayne goes hard but something sounds odd about the beat when it builds up it sounds really disjointed not sure what it is but it is really obvious around RTK verse but when it drops its pretty hard

Best songs

Trust Fund
                this is my favourite record on the album and definitely the "grail" of this project Wayne & RTK go hard with a sharp flow and great bars throughout the chemistry is super captivating between both as they bounce off each-other flawlessly keeping the energy up the entire record

Big Boss
                i've been highly anticipating this record since the snippets early in the year and it did not disappoint Wayne hits the style of flow and lyricism i seek from him beat hits as well and provides great atmosphere for Wayne to go off on RTK provides a nice frame around Waynes verse not doing to much

Feeling like Tunechi
                i enjoyed it when it leaked a long time ago Wayne and rich have a nice chemistry on here "i aim for your heart like a love note" is one my fav Wayne bars in a while music video adds to the record further by being a super great Wayne tribute shout out to rich for that .

OVERALL
                i have to give props to rich for getting this to happen this is like if famous dex made an album with Kanye West or if LIL Pump made a project with Eminem or something. Dudes been working on a relationship with Wayne since 2015 ish and the project for what it is is "decent" its not plain awful and RTK i feel holds his own on a few occasions on here which is commendable on its own merit, i really like how this project came together naturally and wasn't forced you can tell Rich and Wayne like each-other as their chemistry is really rich (pun intended) and natural the project isn't a step forward for Wayne or a big step back its just a mediocre side step.

VERDICT: 5/10

now.... free CG2 https://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/li...llegrove2.html
                good read

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                  It should of been a free mixtape on mixtapes websites rather than a project IMO.
                  it was 2021 when it dropped not 2008

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by I'mMe View Post
                  Headlock hard af
                  fax. and yeah yeah easily worse than still and admit it
                  Don't get too high to look over blessings

Comment

Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                    I’ll put u in a headlock

U can't

Comment

it�s lonely at the top