Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one

Originally posted by DaBoy81540
    I did not feel this album at all other then Drop the World..uhhg I hope Carter 4 can make up for this trash, experiment or not I did not like it one bit .
    true rebirth isnt an 'illmatic' type album but the way people are going on about it, it really isnt that bad
    people who listen to rap will dislike it coz its got a rock edge and people who like rock wont like it coz waynes a rapper
    if you look beyong its genre and try to actually hear the music once again its not that bad

Comment

Dis gonna sound weird but, Wayne is the best rapper alive. Shit Ever in my eyes but, I rather have Rock Wayne then Rap Wayne. Rock Wayne is so much more deep in his songs. Like you hear the emotion in his songs when you listen. I ain't sayin I still don't listen to Wayne's old shit but, I prefer his Rock Shit now. Like I said, it sounds weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuk1Time
        I downloaded the rebirth, I'm not feeling wayne and rock at all. I have about 200 wayne song on my mac, I love pretty much every one of them, but theres the other 15-20 or so that I'm not feeling. I love wayne, but I personally think he should just stick with rap.
        Your favorite album is C3 and mixtape is No Ceilings, you just became a wayne fan, so your not going to get it. Now you look at my info and say my favorite album is rebirth, but the thing is it's been that since I joined because I knew it would be the shit. It's good music plain and simple. He does go crazy at times but there all catchy, and the message on them are pretty good. And most everybody should be able to relate to songs on the album.

Comment

Originally posted by johnzalewski1322
          Dis gonna sound weird but, Wayne is the best rapper alive. Shit Ever in my eyes but, I rather have Rock Wayne then Rap Wayne. Rock Wayne is so much more deep in his songs. Like you hear the emotion in his songs when you listen. I ain't sayin I still don't listen to Wayne's old shit but, I prefer his Rock Shit now. Like I said, it sounds weird.
          i know what you mean but i like them equal. i understand the deep lyrics in the rockish songs. i understand his lyrics in his raps.

Comment

I understand erthing wayne says. rap & rock. I would never stop listenin 2 dis nukka. i use to write lyrics until wayne put out the carter. now don't get me wrong, the block is hot and 500 degrees are da shit but, when the 1st carter came out, i knew I couldnt ever compete. I knew wayne was the future at that point and he was sayin erthing i felt. dats when i started djin and producin. im actually thinkin about quit producin cuz all dese new orleans rappers tryin b like wayne now and it aint workin. trust me. if u gotta voice morgan freemen and u want auto tune and u tryna sing??? but i listen to his rap cuz it gives me a warm feelin bout da shit i do and/or did. new orleans, syrup, weed, money, bitches, hustlin. all dat is me. his rock shit though is personal to me cuz its about heartbreak, tragedy, love. like i can shit back and sip a glass of remy and listen to his rock stuff but when its his rap stuff, i'm smokin and drinkin lean. but i listen 2 it bof and wont ever stop listenin 2 bof. It's Young Moolah til die.

Comment

Originally posted by cody
              i know what you mean but i like them equal. i understand the deep lyrics in the rockish songs. i understand his lyrics in his raps.
              I agree, you can tell he tried his hardest, and didn't just rap about random shit that comes easy for him. He like put emotion in it. Die For You is an amazing song.

Comment

hey man i think you should take some time and listen to that shit and just try to feel his shit its not bad at all

And you don't wanna fuck with a soldier,Use your head, or ill take it off ya shoulder,Mail it to your mom, with a dozen of roses.

Comment

ok all of you should take a minute and think about what your saying
                  when wayne had first announced rebirth he said it was for those who want Carter IV to be a great rap album
                  rebirth was made to be an expiremental album so that way Carter IV would be Carter IV. plain and simple. Im fine with wayne wanting to be expiremental and at first I wasnt sure about rebirth now I want it to come out soon so I can get it. And then wayne can focus on Tha Carter IV being Tha Carter IV. so if you dont like rebirth jus wait all this out.
                  alot of you need to grow up.

Comment

Experimentation is a wonderful thing, although it can also be a double edged sword.

I've listened to the album with no thoughts about it, yet I felt no emotion until i got to drop the world.
                    The auto tune sounded like more of a gimmick or a crutch and less of an innovative way to create this new style of Wayne.
                    I found as i listened to the album more and more that the effects ultimately ruined what could have been a very good album.

All in all I just think that too much of anything can be bad if not handled correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X