Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Rebirth Review (from a fan of all music)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rebirth Review (from a fan of all music)

I wanted Rebirth to be amazing. After Tha Carter III, I really had high hopes for this album. Leaks like Spit, I'm Not Human, Girls Forever, Hot Revolver, Fix My Hat, and Lethal Injection got me really excited. I was disappointed every time the album got delayed, but that got me even more excited. Finally the day has come, and Rebirth is an okay album. It's different, no doubt. But being different isn't always a good thing. If is being considered a rock album, by the traditional sense of rock, this is garbage. But it's not "rock" so it shouldn't be reviewed as such.

Good songs: American Star, Ground Zero, Paradice, On Fire, Drop the World, One Way Trip, Knockout
    Okay songs: Prom Queen, Da Da Da, Runnin', I'll Die for You, I'm So Over You
    Bad (to the point of un-listenable) songs: Get a Life, The Price is Wrong (one of the worst songs ever created)

This is a much more serious Wayne, and his lyrics reflect that, though a lot of it seems very cliche rock. But I don't have a problem with this. It's the music that is Rebirth's downturn. I don't know how much of Rebirth Lil Wayne played guitar or bass or any instrument on, but a lot of the songs seem like someone just picked up a guitar and strummed as hard and fast as possible with no regard to the sound being created. Instead of hiring big name musicians to play the music, no-names were hired so as not to show up Wayne.

Lil Wayne is one of the greatest musicians of our time. I have no doubt that the Carter IV will be his best work yet. But every musician has that one album that just doesn't quite fit. I'm not saying that Rebirth is terrible. It's not. But I felt that Wayne could have done better. Maybe this wasn't the Rebirth we were meant to hear. His jail sentence and the Amazon leak both had something to do with this final product. It's an okay album, where the good songs are good, not amazing or legendary, the okay songs are alright, and the bad songs should never have been created.

3 out of 5 stars.

Re: My Rebirth Review (from a fan of all music)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11266

Comment

Re: My Rebirth Review (from a fan of all music)

Originally posted by skimdudee420
      http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11266

plus viewtopic.php?f=6&t=413

Comment

Working...
      X