Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

My name is Phil and I've been a fan of Wayne ever since I heard him on Like Father Like Son. I remember like it was yesterday, 2006-2007 was in the 7th grade and my buddy let me borrow his brick ipod and I watched Stuntin Like My Daddy music video and was hooked. The following year I asked for a computer for school and the first thing I got was LimeWire and went bananas.

Anything that had "Lil Wayne" in the title I hit download, I had to have every single song. I remember coming across DatPiff for the first time grabbing every tape I could, also coming across this site as well. I can't recall if this site had the download section back then, I just used it for news on our boy Wayne!

I can recall all the HOURS spent on iTunes organizing & editing the song titles, albums, album covers. Removing any duplicates I come across and making sure all the songs were with the appropriate albums/mixtapes. Good times, time well spent.

I stopped downloading music and stuck to apple music right after FWA released, that was the last tape I got my hands on when it first dropped. Now that I've typed that I got No Ceilings 3 too, can't recall anything else coming out after that tape other than what is found on apple music. Recently was on youtube and came across a few "leaked" Wayne songs and they were absolute fire... song after song I was saying to myself "wtf did I miss something?". Not an hour later I was looking into Velvet Sessions, OG Carter V tracks, and another addition of "Tha Carter Chronicles". iTunes says I have 1785 songs, and I feel like there is more.

How's that for an intro? I'm 28, married, and looking forward to getting back in touch with Weezy.

to the LilWayneHQ forum forum Phil, it's good to have you here! Enjoy the site

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hey

Comment

Originally posted by philb_swavey View Post
          My name is Phil and I've been a fan of Wayne ever since I heard him on Like Father Like Son. I remember like it was yesterday, 2006-2007 was in the 7th grade and my buddy let me borrow his brick ipod and I watched Stuntin Like My Daddy music video and was hooked. The following year I asked for a computer for school and the first thing I got was LimeWire and went bananas.

Anything that had "Lil Wayne" in the title I hit download, I had to have every single song. I remember coming across DatPiff for the first time grabbing every tape I could, also coming across this site as well. I can't recall if this site had the download section back then, I just used it for news on our boy Wayne!

I can recall all the HOURS spent on iTunes organizing & editing the song titles, albums, album covers. Removing any duplicates I come across and making sure all the songs were with the appropriate albums/mixtapes. Good times, time well spent.

I stopped downloading music and stuck to apple music right after FWA released, that was the last tape I got my hands on when it first dropped. Now that I've typed that I got No Ceilings 3 too, can't recall anything else coming out after that tape other than what is found on apple music. Recently was on youtube and came across a few "leaked" Wayne songs and they were absolute fire... song after song I was saying to myself "wtf did I miss something?". Not an hour later I was looking into Velvet Sessions, OG Carter V tracks, and another addition of "Tha Carter Chronicles". iTunes says I have 1785 songs, and I feel like there is more.

How's that for an intro? I'm 28, married, and looking forward to getting back in touch with Weezy.
          welcome to tha hq

Comment

hiiiiiii xx

xxx

Comment

Working...
            X