X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Beats Self Titled Mixtape!!

now live on HNHH.
    Flame Beats "Flame Beats" New Mixtape
    check out my old shit on there while you're at it.

[MENTION=20888]mykill[/MENTION] sticky this classic.

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ml#post1216402
    http://www.lilwaynehq.com/forums/tha...ml#post1216503
    .................... ....................

Does it cost money to be put on DatPiff or livemixtapes? I'm gonna listen to this now tho.
    המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים

Comment

Ya'll sleepin'. Wake up and give our homie some feedback on his work.

Comment

@Flame Beats if I send you something in a couple weeks would you want to work on it with me? I'll send you a rough copy and you could touch it up however you want we could go back and forth like that till' we like it?
        המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים

Comment

Originally posted by nickiminajsitonmyface View Post
          @Flame Beats if I send you something in a couple weeks would you want to work on it with me? I'll send you a rough copy and you could touch it up however you want we could go back and forth like that till' we like it?
          sounds good. PM me it when you're ready to go

also realized Black Star and On My Grind were a little over compressed but not quite distorted.

most of the have a nice crisp dynamic range though.
          Last edited by Flame Beats; 12-25-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

ok since I'm a producer too and I hate gettin no feedback ima do your stuff now writing

License to Kill: ok sample, don't really like the kick, some of the transitions weren't all that but its hard to get them right.. overall nice beat, good thing you put it as the intro

Vibe With Me: Somewhere I already heard that sample I like it more than the intro, nice rhythm, I could imagine Rozay feat. Stalley or something on this one.. good work

D's on the Lac: Best beat right now, super dope sample and some pro shit ALTHOUGH it's repetetive after one and a half minutes, nice idea with the percussions/snares

Remember: beat begins nice and chill, but the sound comin in at 0:13 doesn't match at all.. the idea of turning it into a harder beat is ok but doesn't go along with the sample imo.. good idea, badly implemented

Black Star: starts as if it could be the beat for Katy Perry's new single.. not my cup of tea. bass is nice, vocals fit perfectly, the intro is a lil bit too long for my taste but thats personal reference, snare is too quiet. some might love this one, I don't really do, but its cool for what it is.

Takin it Back: begins really nice, some shit to vibe and smoke too, the synth melody isn't really for me tho (which synth did you use btw?) hi-hats/cymbals are really good, beat doesn't get repetetive either.. along with the 3rd one my fav til now

On My Grind: could've been executed better imo, but that sample is A1. drums aren't all that, maybe a lil more bass and/or harder kicks? Ion't know.. had to turn it off after 2 minutes, got boring during the song

Sparkle: again, cool sample. do you only work with samples? it's cool but a full tape of em is maybe too much imo. love the drums, that swollen part around 0:40 is super nice and separates from the rest, which gives it a professional feeling, good work! could've taken a lil more bass tho

Take My Breath Away: Nah that sounds too much like a christmas beat. worst one right now, maybe just because I don't like it? i don't know.

The Block: really chilled, the bass isn't EQ'd well and something about the keys bother me, but sonically it's a good beat, some rappers would kill this one

I was impressed how you worked with them samples, can't do it myself like that, gotta give props for that! like I said in the other thread, try experimenting with other styles and you should be good.. oh and do something about the variety, sometimes you get bored through the track (on the other hand, which beat doesn't get boring) .. you're on the right path

Oh and that cover is not good, although I know it doesn't really matter.. try asking somebody around here if he does a quick one, they are probably still better than half of the ones we can create ourselves..

Go & Listen ..

Comment

My favorites: Vibe with Me, D's on the Lac, Black Star, Takin it Back, On My Grind
              Iffy: License to Kill, Remember, Sparkle, The Block
              Ones that I Chief Keef Dont Like: Take My Breathe Away

License to Kill was a good start, but not one of my faves. I like the sampling you do a lot. Gives you a nice classic sound. Bass on most of the tracks is good too. Is that Avil on the "Black Star" sample? I liked the beat as it was, but I think the sample was... too much. For the majority, all the samples were on point. They worked really well with everything else and it all generally sounded pretty professional. All these sound like something Cli-City would spit on. Nice work man.

Mykill's Verdict: 3.9/5

Comment

Originally posted by mykill View Post
                My favorites: Vibe with Me, D's on the Lac, Black Star, Takin it Back, On My Grind
                Iffy: License to Kill, Remember, Sparkle, The Block
                Ones that I Chief Keef Dont Like: Take My Breathe Away

License to Kill was a good start, but not one of my faves. I like the sampling you do a lot. Gives you a nice classic sound. Bass on most of the tracks is good too. Is that Avil on the "Black Star" sample? I liked the beat as it was, but I think the sample was... too much. For the majority, all the samples were on point. They worked really well with everything else and it all generally sounded pretty professional. All these sound like something Cli-City would spit on. Nice work man.

Mykill's Verdict: 3.9/5
                chief keef don't like

yeah that's avril lavigne.
                I heard the piano and liked it so I sampled it.

sucks that I overcompressed it a bit. too lazy to fix it. same with On My Grind & Remember

thanks for the feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mr. Swag View Post
                ok since I'm a producer too and I hate gettin no feedback ima do your stuff now writing

License to Kill: ok sample, don't really like the kick, some of the transitions weren't all that but its hard to get them right.. overall nice beat, good thing you put it as the intro

Vibe With Me: Somewhere I already heard that sample I like it more than the intro, nice rhythm, I could imagine Rozay feat. Stalley or something on this one.. good work

D's on the Lac: Best beat right now, super dope sample and some pro shit ALTHOUGH it's repetetive after one and a half minutes, nice idea with the percussions/snares

Remember: beat begins nice and chill, but the sound comin in at 0:13 doesn't match at all.. the idea of turning it into a harder beat is ok but doesn't go along with the sample imo.. good idea, badly implemented

Black Star: starts as if it could be the beat for Katy Perry's new single.. not my cup of tea. bass is nice, vocals fit perfectly, the intro is a lil bit too long for my taste but that's personal reference, snare is too quiet. some might love this one, I don't really do, but its cool for what it is.

Takin it Back: begins really nice, some shit to vibe and smoke too, the synth melody isn't really for me tho (which synth did you use btw?) hi-hats/cymbals are really good, beat doesn't get repetitive either.. along with the 3rd one my fav til now

On My Grind: could've been executed better imo, but that sample is A1. drums aren't all that, maybe a lil more bass and/or harder kicks? Ion't know.. had to turn it off after 2 minutes, got boring during the song

Sparkle: again, cool sample. do you only work with samples? it's cool but a full tape of em is maybe too much imo. love the drums, that swollen part around 0:40 is super nice and separates from the rest, which gives it a professional feeling, good work! could've taken a lil more bass tho

Take My Breath Away: Nah that sounds too much like a christmas beat. worst one right now, maybe just because I don't like it? i don't know.

The Block: really chilled, the bass isn't EQ'd well and something about the keys bother me, but sonically it's a good beat, some rappers would kill this one

I was impressed how you worked with them samples, can't do it myself like that, gotta give props for that! like I said in the other thread, try experimenting with other styles and you should be good.. oh and do something about the variety, sometimes you get bored through the track (on the other hand, which beat doesn't get boring) .. you're on the right path

Oh and that cover is not good, although I know it doesn't really matter.. try asking somebody around here if he does a quick one, they are probably still better than half of the ones we can create ourselves..
                It was all samples because selling sampled beats is too much of a legal hassle. So I figured I'd just make a tape full of them.

yeah the mixing and EQ'ing was a bit iffy but then again not half bad for just playing around with knobs and sliders until it sounds good.

On My Grind has insanely low bass you probably can't hear. so low it started hurting my ears after just a minute with headphones at 70% should've eq'd better

Vibe With Me sampled "I Want You" by Marvin Gaye. Jae Millz rapped over the original instrumental...

and here's that synth

I'll PM you the preset if you want
                Last edited by Flame Beats; 12-25-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X