This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter IV Is Complete

Tha Carter IV is coming. While there may still be no set release date on Lil Wayne�s highly anticipated upcoming solo album, Mack Maine revealed to XXLMag.com that he and the team are closer to finishing the project than ever.

�I was in the studio all night workin� on this Carter IV,� the Young Money President told XXL. �We pretty much finished, to be honest; we probably need about two more songs. We got David Banner coming in tonight, so hopefully he�ll come with somethin�. We try to make sure�he kind of makes every album. He made Tha Carter III, and made [We Are Young Money].�

As for features on the disc, aside from Nicki and Drake, Mack remained tight lipped, though he did hint at a surprise. �I�m gonna keep the features a surprise,� he said, before revealing that Weezy �just did something with somebody he never worked with, though.�

They recently shot a video, as well. �[Wayne] actually shot his first video with Hype Williams, which is big. We just finished a four-day video shoot, which is like a movie to me.�

As for Wayne�s post-jail sound, Mack pulled no punches. �Expect maturity and him showing his growth in the game,� he assured.

On the production tip, there will be both old and new names on the project. �A couple of new cats,� he continued. �This kid, his name�s Detail. A few people know him; he did �Sexy Can I� for Ray J. He�s gonna be relatively new, I guess, to some people. As far as big names, Swizz [Beatz] is on there.�

While Mack Mizzle did not give a release date for Tha Carter IV, he did confirm that Lil Wayne could finish the album by as soon as tonight. �Two or three more songs I�d say. We could be finished as of today, but we perfectionist so we still looking for one or two more sounds.� �Adam Fleischer with additional reporting by Tzvi Twersky
    tl;dr - Wayne Finished C4, Bar about two songs. One feature is a guy he's never worked with, etc etc.

Excited?

What's A Goon To A Willem Dafoe.

Re: Carter IV Is Complete

Yeah i just hope he dint rly rush through hes songs and shit

Comment

As for Wayne�s post-jail sound, Mack pulled no punches. �Expect maturity and him showing his growth in the game,� he assured.
      Yes, very hyped if this is true

Comment

OOOOOooooohhhhh shit! C4 lets GOOOO!

Comment

i really hope he will promote it good.
          ofcourse i want C4 ASAP but if waynes going to put it out to fast without good promo the sales would be disappointing.
          like C3 had major promo and look at the numbers. don't think he will do 1mil+ with C4 but i hope hell do like 600k

Comment

only one person he never worked with ... that's just lame.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloWorld View Post
              c'mon man... considering he's worked with about 85% of artists in the industry, one new person is big, IMO.

Comment

tech9ne probably will be that artist
                drake and nicki will be on the album + i hope EMINEM, kanye, jay-z + maybe one deep song with robin thick like tie my hands
                and the rest solo!!!

Comment

Its Not A "New Guy" Just Someone He's Never Worked With Before.

I Don't Think Any Other Young Money Members Will Be On CIV Apart From As Mack Said Drake & Nicki. Cory Gunz Obviously To Because He Said I'm Keeping The Rest A Suprise, Having Gudda, Twist, Millz Or Streets Isn't A Suprise

Wonder If Swizz's Song Is This "Anne" Song?

I'm Pumped Now!

Comment

Originally posted by HelloWorld View Post
                    Wayne has pretty much worked with everybody...Kanye, T.i, Jay-Z, Andree 3000, Big Boi, Rick Ross, etc...

Comment

so excited

Comment

i buy the album when it comes out

Comment

Working...
                        X