Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birdman & Slim To Earn YouTube "Leaders And Legends" Award

"The story of Cash Money Records is one for the history books."

Bryan “Birdman” Williams and Ronald “Slim” Williams, founders of Cash Money Records, are set to be honored for their accomplishments in the music industry in alignment with Black Music Month. YouTube announced the two Hip-Hop moguls as the honorees for its 2024 Leaders and Legends Gala.

Set for June 27 in Los Angeles, the invite-only affair is YouTube’s way of celebrating entrepreneurial achievements and groundbreaking founders in black music and culture. The evening will consist of a star-studded lineup of performances, and Lyor Cohen, Global Head of Music at YouTube, presenting Birdman and Slim with the 2024 Leaders and Legends Award.

“The story of Cash Money Records is one for the history books,” explained Cohen. “Leaders and Legends recognizes entrepreneurship and leadership in black music and culture, attributes Birdman and Slim embody to their core. They defied the odds, raising up some of rap and hip hop’s most iconic figures to superstardom and shattering sales records while doing it. We are humbled to honor the success and look forward to celebrating the music that continues to shape the label’s incredible legacy.”

The inaugural Leaders and Legends gala was held in 2020 in Atlanta honoring LaFace Records and the entrepreneurship of Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds and LA Reid.

“We at YouTube are committed to pushing the culture forward, so leading the charge to celebrate Cash Money’s impact via Birdman and Slim’s leadership is an honor,” shared Tuma Basa, YouTube’s Director of Black Music and Culture.

“As a platform with a global reach and influence, it is our responsibility to acknowledge and elevate the stories of black trailblazers in the industry and remind the world of the immeasurable impact black music has on the culture globally, and that’s what Leaders and Legends is all about.”

https://www.vibe.com/news/entertainm...la-1234885973/

i see gillie at the very right of that bottom picture

Comment

i dont even know what this is but wayne deserves one too

Comment

Serious question - is Cash Money Records still going strong in the industry? Who is on their roster?

I know the Cash Money page on this website says this:-

The current artists that are signed to Cash Money Records to date are: Eighty8, F.M.E., Jacquees, Juvenile, Onsight Deeda, Rublow, Saxkboy KD, and TBoss.

But I only know Juvenile and Jacquees out of them

https://www.lilwaynehq.com/cash-money-records/

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne-carter View Post
          i see gillie at the very right of that bottom picture
          its known he used to be around

Comment

Never heard of it….

Comment

My Unkles

Comment

Originally posted by Shake View Post
                Serious question - is Cash Money Records still going strong in the industry? Who is on their roster?

I know the Cash Money page on this website says this:-

The current artists that are signed to Cash Money Records to date are: Eighty8, F.M.E., Jacquees, Juvenile, Onsight Deeda, Rublow, Saxkboy KD, and TBoss.

But I only know Juvenile and Jacquees out of them

https://www.lilwaynehq.com/cash-money-records/
                All them artists must be getting screwed over ?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Slimalini View Post
                  Never heard of it….
                  No one has.

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post

All them artists must be getting screwed over ?
                    Jacquees hasn’t left yet?

Comment

Wayne was there too.

Dear Mr. ImTooGoodToDropAnAlbum

Comment

Originally posted by FreeCV View Post
                        Wayne was there too.

i'm happy my baby was there

xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X