Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for a little competition

*Check second post for simpler explanation*

So our teacher showed us in Comp Sci an extra video from a movie about deciphering codes and the such and this came to mind for some reason, not sure anyone will like it or if I will but I'll say it while it's on my mind.

Would anyone be interested in doing a simple deciphering contest? that's continuous? for example, let's say I WERE to start it off, I'd have my encoded alphabet (because nobody wants to mess with symbols) and let's say it's two letters to the right like so-

Regular alpha - abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    Altered (encryption only known by me, 2 to the right) - cdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzab

And I'd type a little sentence like this - jgnnq (for the sake of this just one word)

And everyone would get like a week to try and solve it. Whoever solves it first gets to do the next one for the week.

Sounds like a pain in the ass and stupid, but it'll test your smarts and reasoning/probability and I'm pretty sure you'll feel boss if you can decipher it?

Anyone like the idea?
    I like the color contrasts

Re: Idea for a little competition

Originally posted by Enigma
    So our teacher showed us in Comp Sci an extra video from a movie about deciphering codes and the such and this came to mind for some reason, not sure anyone will like it or if I will but I'll say it while it's on my mind.

Would anyone be interested in doing a simple deciphering contest? that's continuous? for example, let's say I WERE to start it off, I'd have my encoded alphabet (because nobody wants to mess with symbols) and let's say it's two letters to the right like so-

Regular alpha - abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
    Altered (encryption only known by me, 2 to the right) - cdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzab

And I'd type a little sentence like this - jgnnq (for the sake of this just one word)

And everyone would get like a week to try and solve it. Whoever solves it first gets to do the next one for the week.

Sounds like a pain in the ass and stupid, but it'll test your smarts and reasoning/probability and I'm pretty sure you'll feel boss if you can decipher it?

Anyone like the idea?
    Sounds intriguing. Could you make it a little clearer for us simpletons out there? (i.e. me)

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMFAN
      Sounds intriguing. Could you make it a little clearer for us simpletons out there? (i.e. me)
      Let's say I'm to start off the competition.

First, being the one "it", I'd have to come up with my own encryption for the regular alphabet (abcd..xyz). Let's say I decided to make my made up encryption to move all the letters of the alphabet two spots to the right, so that "c" would be "a" when deciphered. I wouldn't tell anybody that "c" meant "a" because that'd be giving the answer out, so what I would do is post my mumbo jumbo word - "JGNNQ" using my "2 spots to the right" code. I know that the word "JGNNQ" means "hello" when deciphered, and that's the goal of the people participating, to figure out what "JGNNQ" means in actual English. The first person to get it correct would get to make their own encryption next week and so on.

Tell me if it's not clear.

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMFAN
        Let's say I'm to start off the competition.

First, being the one "it", I'd have to come up with my own encryption for the regular alphabet (abcd..xyz). Let's say I decided to make my made up encryption to move all the letters of the alphabet two spots to the right, so that "c" would be "a" when deciphered. I wouldn't tell anybody that "c" meant "a" because that'd be giving the answer out, so what I would do is post my mumbo jumbo word - "JGNNQ" using my "2 spots to the right" code. I know that the word "JGNNQ" means "hello" when deciphered, and that's the goal of the people participating, to figure out what "JGNNQ" means in actual English. The first person to get it correct would get to make their own encryption next week and so on.

Tell me if it's not clear.
        I think I understand. Give me another example and so I can see if I can figure it out.

Comment

Using the previous "2 letters to the right"

"K-JQRG-W-IGV-KV"

Comment

Using the previous "2 letters to the right"

"K-JQRG-W-IGV-KV"
            "I Hope U Get It"

K-FQ.

Comment

I guessed "I do" after I saw the 'k' lol. I'm off for tonight, hopefully other people showcase their opinions.

Comment

VJKU KU TCVJGT KPVGTGUVKPI

Comment

Originally posted by Artille
                  VJKU KU TCVJGT KPVGTGUVKPI

this Is rather interesting

Comment

Ugh huh

Comment

Backwards alphabet code is the shit. makes for a lot of inside jokes

Comment

Working...
                      X