new iphone announced tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new iphone announced tomorrow

im pumped to hear about it and the release?!

anyone else excited?
    http://www.redunktees.com

Re: new iphone announced tomorrow

Lol not thread worthy..

Comment

A new iPhone seems to be released every year. Apples loves doing this.

Comment

SAN FRANCISCO - Apple unveiled the iPhone 4, its fourth-generation cell phone, which CEO Steve Jobs introduced by saying jokingly: "I don't know if you've ever seen this" — a reference to a prototype of the phone that was seen worldwide two months when a gadgets website obtained it."You ain't seen it," Jobs told the crowd at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
        The phone, he said, is the "thinnest smartphone in the world," at 9.3mm, with glass on the front and back, and steel around the sides. It is, he said, "like a beautiful old Leica camera."

The iPhone 4 has a second front-facing camera that can be used for video chats, something many users had hoped for in the new device. It also will have high-definition video recording at 720p, something that had been talked about as a way to further distinguish Apple's phone from others.
        The camera on the back of the new phone is 5 megapixels, with a 5X digital zoom, and has an LED flash. It also has a micro-SIM tray.
        The new design — 24 percent slimmer than the current model — is "crazy thin. Just in case you thought the thin wars were over," commented Current Analysis analyst Avi Greengart, live-blogging the event for Reuters.
        The phone's 3.5-inch screen is the same size as the iPhone 3GS, the previous version, but has a 960-by-640 resolution and a "retina display," Jobs said, of 326 pixels per inch, beyond the 300 pixels per inch that the human eye can distignuish.

"This is super important," said Michael Gartenberg, technology analyst also blogging for Reuters. "Makes for much sharper text."
        Another key improvement: The battery life will be 7 hours, about 40 percent better than it is now for the 3GS model, said Gartenberg.
        Also announced: Netflix movie streaming and Facebook's popular FarmVille game will be available for the iPhone. The popular movie-rental service will be available this summer.

Staying ahead
        Apple, with its fourth-generation handset, is aiming to stay a step ahead of rivals in an increasingly competitive smart phone market.
        But the bar is set high and it will be a challenge to wow Wall Street. Apple's stock has already gained more than 20 percent this year, and the company overtook Microsoft to become the world's most valuable technology company. (Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and NBC Universal.)
        The iPhone has been a huge success since it debuted in 2007, boosting Apple's margins, transforming it into one of the world's leading mobile device makers and setting the competitive landscape in a smartphone battle that will play out for years.

Although the iPhone is gaining share globally, it faces a slew of new competitors, including Motorola Inc and HTC, designing high-powered handsets based on Google's Android software.
        Only last year, Research in Motion was seen as Apple's top rival. While the company's BlackBerry remains the smartphone of choice for many corporations that need fast email, Apple has made strides in that market as security concerns addressed by the BlackBerry eased.

But the iPhone's prime target — for now — remains the consumer.
        Investors are monitoring the smartphone wars closely, particularly in international markets where the iPhone's penetration is relatively small.
        In the United States, Wall Street and consumers alike are eagerly anticipating an iPhone on the network of Verizon Wireless, the No. 1 telecoms provider.
        But that announcement is not expected to come Monday. Most analysts expect to see a Verizon iPhone some time next year, or perhaps as early as this fall.
        Wall Street will also be following the iPhone's pricing closely. The iPhone 3GS currently starts at $199 with a subsidy from exclusive carrier AT&T. Many analysts expect Apple to cut that price to $99 and tag the new iPhone at $199.
        The second-generation iPhone, known as the 3G, is expected to be discontinued. On Friday, it was not available for sale on Apple's website.

Strong iPad sales
        Meanwhile, Jobs said that the company's iPad, which went on sale two months ago, already has 22 percent of the e-reader book market. "We're selling one every 3 seconds," he said.

He also defended Apple's non-use of Adobe's Flash, software for viewing Web videos and slideshows, and the use of HTML5. "It's a completely open, uncontrolled platform," he said.
        The iPad, now available in 10 countries, now has 8,500 applications in the company's App Store, and there have been more than 35 million downloads of iPad apps so far, he said.

Jobs unveils iPhone 4 with HD video recording - Wireless- msnbc.com
        I'M FEMALE

Comment

Can't fuckin wait!!!!

Comment

I'm definitely going to try to get my hands on one..
            Tha Carter Franchise <3

Comment

im not because i have another year with t-mobile until my contract expires i guess my blackberry bold 9700 will hold me down until iPhone 5...

Comment

Thats rough brotha.

Comment

I've just bought a new phone, so maybe I'm buying the 5 or 6 generation then

Comment

My bro told me theres gonna be a release deal its gonna be REALLY cheap in the US for the first couple weeks/months , so get it early if you want it.
                    Syrup, percocet, and an eighth a day will leave you broke, depressed, and emotionally vacant
                    Despite how Lil' Wayne lives
                    It's not conducive to being creative
                    And I know cause he's my favorite
                    And I know cause I was off that same mix
                    Rationalize the shit that I'd try after I listen to "Dedication"
                    But he's an alien
                    I'd sip that shit
                    Pass out or play PlayStation.

Comment

ima get it....since my dads got a good contract we'll trade in our old iPhones and get this 1...for a cheap price

Comment

Working...
                      X