Transfer music from Ipod to computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer music from Ipod to computer

+Rep for someone who can post a simple, step by step explanation as to how to go about transfering the music on my ipod onto a new computer.

"keep talkin and the flame leap off the hip and keep sparkin pap pap sleep softly"

Re: Transfer music from Ipod to computer

Enable Disk Use
    For accessing the music files in your iPod, you necessarily need to enable the iPod's disk use. For doing so, connect your iPod to the computer using the data cable. Allow iTunes to open automatically; and if it does not, open it manually. After iTunes recognizes the iPod, click on 'Continue' in the interface. Click on 'Summary' in the iTunes interface, check the 'Manually manage music and videos' option, and click on 'OK' and 'Apply' located at the bottom of the interface. This will enable the iPod's disk use.

View Hidden Folders
    Now that you have your iPod connected with the disk use enabled, you can go to the next step. Click on 'My Computer', and locate the iPod's drive. To see the music files, you will have to first view hidden files. For viewing hidden files; select the 'Tools' option on the menu bar, select 'Folder Options', then 'View', click on the 'Show hidden files and folders' option, and then 'OK'.

Locate the Music Files
    Double click on the iPod's drive, and now you will be able to see the 'iPod_Control' folder in which the music files are stored. In the 'iPod_Control' folder, locate the 'Music' folder, and double click on it. You will see several folders named such as F00, F01, F02, F03, and so on. View any one of its contents, and you can see the audio files. However, the names of the music files will not be displayed; but you can see the artist, file duration, album, etc.

Copy-Paste Files in Your Computer
    Copy-paste the files that you want in a folder on your hard drive. At this point of time, you would be thinking how the file names are to be renamed and identified. However, the best option is to open the saved folder in Apple iTunes. After doing so, you will have all your music files sorted out in the iTunes music library. In the library, you will be able to view the names of the files.

Comment

Originally posted by YMCMFAN View Post
      Enable Disk Use
      For accessing the music files in your iPod, you necessarily need to enable the iPod's disk use. For doing so, connect your iPod to the computer using the data cable. Allow iTunes to open automatically; and if it does not, open it manually. After iTunes recognizes the iPod, click on 'Continue' in the interface. Click on 'Summary' in the iTunes interface, check the 'Manually manage music and videos' option, and click on 'OK' and 'Apply' located at the bottom of the interface. This will enable the iPod's disk use.

View Hidden Folders
      Now that you have your iPod connected with the disk use enabled, you can go to the next step. Click on 'My Computer', and locate the iPod's drive. To see the music files, you will have to first view hidden files. For viewing hidden files; select the 'Tools' option on the menu bar, select 'Folder Options', then 'View', click on the 'Show hidden files and folders' option, and then 'OK'.

Locate the Music Files
      Double click on the iPod's drive, and now you will be able to see the 'iPod_Control' folder in which the music files are stored. In the 'iPod_Control' folder, locate the 'Music' folder, and double click on it. You will see several folders named such as F00, F01, F02, F03, and so on. View any one of its contents, and you can see the audio files. However, the names of the music files will not be displayed; but you can see the artist, file duration, album, etc.

Copy-Paste Files in Your Computer
      Copy-paste the files that you want in a folder on your hard drive. At this point of time, you would be thinking how the file names are to be renamed and identified. However, the best option is to open the saved folder in Apple iTunes. After doing so, you will have all your music files sorted out in the iTunes music library. In the library, you will be able to view the names of the files.
      couldnt explain it any better!
      I got ice in my veins, blood in my eyes
      Hate in my heart, love in my mind
      I seen nights full of pain, days of the same
      You keep the sunshine, save me the rain
      I search but never find, hurt but never cry
      I work and forever try, but I�m cursed, so never mind
      And it�s worse, but better times seem further and beyond
      The top gets higher the more that I climb

the best headshot ever!!

Comment

thank you sir. you have been +repped

"keep talkin and the flame leap off the hip and keep sparkin pap pap sleep softly"

Comment

Working...
        X