Blackberry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry?

I think I want a Blackberry. Maybe a Curve? I don't know. Was reading some reviews about Blackberry's online but I want some other opinions cause you never know the legitimacy of the reviews.
    • How is the phone? (Which Blackberry do you have?)
    • How is the camera?
    • How are the apps? Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.
    • BBM?
    • Any other stuff you can share about Blackberry's.

Thanks.

protect dunston at all costs

Re: Blackberry?

I had the Tour, it was a good phone, I loved it, but all Blackberry's have really bad ball problems. On most of them its a very easy fix, but some you cannot fix.

I didn't use the camera too much, but it is pretty good quality compared to most phones.

Only apps I used really were Twitter and Facebook and they were really good. But if I had the choice now I would just used the mobile site for Facebook.

BBM is quick and easy to used.

The keyboard on Blackberry's are very easy to use, the keys have ridges so you can text without looking at it (very useful).

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
      I think I want a Blackberry. Maybe a Curve? I don't know. Was reading some reviews about Blackberry's online but I want some other opinions cause you never know the legitimacy of the reviews.
      • How is the phone? (Which Blackberry do you have?)
      • How is the camera?
      • How are the apps? Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.
      • BBM?
      • Any other stuff you can share about Blackberry's.

Thanks.
      I've had a Pear (8130), the Tour (9630) and the Bold (9650..Slight difference between the Tour and Bold)

The camera on the Tour & Bold is great. 3.2 MP with an auto-focus. The auto-focus makes it really easy to take crystal clear shots.
      Apps, ehh. I don't use to many, just the regular ones. The "official" Twitter for BlackBerry is IMO the best app. It runs in the background so your battery doesn't die quickly. Facebook..It's Facebook. Can do basically everything but use the Chat (although you can get messaging apps). You can also have it tie into your contacts. So if you like having a picture of who you're calling & that person has a FB, it'lll link up with that person. Tumblr, I haven't used, but I know it has a slick interface.
      BBM. As long as you know other people with a BlackBerry, its awesome. If not, it's kinda pointless.

Other Stuff:
      Battery, dies alot faster than other phones. Charge mine every night, if not it'll die.
      Themes, a lot of great ones out there (depending on your Operating System)

Comment

yo i'm on that blackberry bold 9700, it's a dope phone..very sturdy. I drop my shit like no other and it works fine. I've also used 2 different models of the curve (8300 models with the trackballs)

- It does everything a phone is supposed to do, the calls are very clear, clearer than making a phone call through the iphone I have found.
        - Right now camera is around 2/3megapixels I think, however the new bold 9780 has 5 megapixels. BBs also have flash which is a plus.
        - Charge is like Skullcandy said, I also have to charge it every night.
        - Dino talked about the trackball, that navigational tool is now scraped and all blackberry's are fitted with a trackpad which doesn't fuck up like the ball used to.
        - I don't know about the curve to be honest, if I was you I would get the bold but thats just my opinion.
        - Apps, well it's best to stick to iphones and andriods if you want 100s of apps but shit like twitter, facebook, tumblr (the basic shit is well made and works really well on the bb)
        - The real gem though is BBM ..I mean in my case I got like 120 contacts on my bbm, I don't talk to everyone but it's a great tool to stay connected with friends and shit ..it's just like having msn 24/7 (it can get stressy with a gf though as you have forces you to make conversation all the time)
        - Just be warned when you start using a bb, you'll get hooked its just mad addictive with the bbm, it'll be non stop typing.
        - QWERTY keyboard is godly, fuck whatever Steve Jobs says about that.

Comment

They got rid of the ball? Awesome. I thought only certain phones got the trackpad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
            They got rid of the ball? Awesome. I thought only certain phones got the trackpad.
            I'm pretty sure every model has trackpad now.

EDIT: After some quick research, looks like the Tour is the only one with the trackball still. I'm pretty sure they're going to change that soon though. The reason for the switch was that it was costing a lot of money to replace the phones for people with broken trackballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino View Post
              I think the only one that has it now is the Pearl 8230 (the flip one).

Comment

Originally posted by Skullcandy365.erichq View Post
                I think the only one that has it now is the Pearl 8230 (the flip one).
                the style? cause that one has a trackpad now and the new pearl has a trackpad too.

Comment

Originally posted by tha_chronic View Post
                  the style? cause that one has a trackpad now and the new pearl has a trackpad too.
                  Ah, nah, not the 8230. It's the 8220. Not sure if this one's still being made though.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I wish I could get an iPhone. But, I'm trying to get off my moms plan and shit. And be on my own shit. And around here, to get an iPhone being 18 with no credit, I'd have to put like a $500 dollar deposit down. Fuck that shit lololol. I was leaning towards this phone maybe....

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

So everyone that has a Blackberry, is happy with it for the most part? Dope. I think I'm going to grab one next week.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

I used to have the bold 9700 but they are pretty obsolete compared to iPhones and Androids. Balckberries are more for business and the apps on iPhones and Droids are way better. Not to mention email is easier to use, better web browsing, and a simpler user interface. But if you really want a blackberry go for the bold 9700 or that new torch.

Comment

How is the phone? (Which Blackberry do you have?)
                        i have the tour it works pretty good some times it is slow but just take the battery out and it works fine
                        How is the camera?
                        camera is pretty good takes good clear pics
                        How are the apps? Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.
                        apps are good i only use twitter and facebook app and screen shot
                        BBM?
                        its cool but i hardly ever use it anymore all my friends have droid now
                        Any otherstuff you can share about Blackberry's.
                        i have had the tour since the day it came out and i have only had to get one other one cause of the ball butother then that i like it alot but kinda want a droid now

Comment

Working...
                        X