MMA Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA Discussion Thread

After watching UFC 126, i felt we needed something to discuss everything that deals with Ultimate Fighting. So here ya go lol Discuss everything from your favorite fighters to different MMA styles.

I'll start it off, Dana announced it's probable that Anderson Silva and GSP will fight since Silva has pretty much cleaned out the middle weight class, I'm glad Jon Jones is getting his title shot in place of Rashad, he's one of my favorite fighters, but disappointed Rashad is hurt and can't fight, but this just means if Jon Jones beats Shogun (a very probable outcome) there will be an amazing Light Heavyweight match to come, Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans.
    I also feel Melvin Guillard deserves a shot at Frankie Edgar, or Gray Maynard, since they'll probably have a rematch cause of the tie, but Melvin's record 27-8, that's almost 40 fights before he even hit 30 and still no title shot. To me he is the best lightweight in the UFC.

Oh, and my favorite fighters are Jose Aldo, Melvin Guillard, Michael Johnson, Jonathan Brookins, GSP, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Anthony Johnson, Diego Sanchez, John Howard, Anderson Silva, Gerald Harris, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Jon Jones, and Rampage. lol Long list i know, but there ya go.

What do ya'll think?

Re: UFC Discussion Thread

at first glance i thought the thread title was UFO Discussion Thread
    Last edited by Mr Xclusive; 02-06-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

GSP pound for pound best.

Comment

Wtf's goin on with Griffin now a days, I mean i know he won his recent fight, But lately dudes been wack. Used to be my fav aswell

Comment

Anderson Silva is the best fighter......

Comment

Originally posted by -Nino- View Post
            GSP pound for pound best.
            Originally posted by Raw_Tune View Post
            Anderson Silva is the best fighter......
            lol we'll find out soon enough, i think Anderson will win though, even when a fighter has him beat, he comes back and surprises the hell out of you, just like the Chael Sonnen fight, sure GSP can probably, easily take Silva down, but Silva is very dangerous on his back, but it will be the fight of the century...when it does happen

Originally posted by WeEzYNo1FaN View Post
            Wtf's goin on with Griffin now a days, I mean i know he won his recent fight, But lately dudes been wack. Used to be my fav aswell
            i know, in my opinion he'll never be a title contender again, even though he won, he looked so sluggish, like it was a super boring fight compared to the Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader fight, he just can't compete with up and coming talent like that. The top light heavy weights are so good though, it's my favorite weight class to watch, they have the speed of lightweights and power of heavyweights.

Comment

Anyone think Jon jones can win the title?

Comment

Originally posted by WeEzYNo1FaN View Post
                Anyone think Jon jones can win the title?
                Me, i really think he can, the only thing that could be his downfall is his time to prepare, i mean the fights only in a couple months, but he is fully capable of winning the title from Shogun, and that would be an amazing fight between Jon and Rashad.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_ymcmb View Post
                  Me, i really think he can, the only thing that could be his downfall is his time to prepare, i mean the fights only in a couple months, but he is fully capable of winning the title from Shogun, and that would be an amazing fight between Jon and Rashad.
                  Yeah i completely agree! Im hopin he kicks Rua's azz

Comment

what did i say?! i'm so pumped Jon Jones whooped Shogun, great fight, best fight on the card, i can't waitt to see the Rashad vs. Jones fight, who do ya'll think will win?

Comment

I think Jones will beat Rashad pretty easily actually.

I was disappointed in the Faber fight tonight, thought it'd be more exciting.

Comment

i think Jones will take it too, but who knows, they know eachothers styles so well, they're both amazing fighters imo.
                        but same here, the only fights that had me excited were the Brendon Schaub and Jon Jones fights,
                        fight night next week is gonna have a good card too, i'm excited for it, Phil Davis vs. Little Nog and Michael Johnson vs. Dan Hardy and a few of TUF members from the past couple seasons.

Comment

Working...
                        X