dvd-quality question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd-quality question

I've just started using torrents and it's all good so far. (I mainly us em for movies..). Well, even if I find a high quality blu-ray 1080p rip, it looks low quality when it comes to dark tones (grey black etc.). Can i fix it with another dvd burning program, or is it another thing, or is it just how it is?

Re: dvd-quality question

You're burning a HD/Blu-Ray movie to a DVD?

Basic answer, burn it to a Blu-Ray disc, not DVD.

Comment

Yeah, but IF I want em on a dvd, then what?

Comment

Check google for an avi to dvd converter app and when its done try using DVD Shrink to make it small enough to burn to a DVD-r.

Comment

Or just download an ISO cd image and burn it to dvd. That's the highest quality possible, let alone blu-ray

Comment

Are you burning it to a dvd as an actual movie with menus and all that, or doing it as a "Data DVD" type deal?

My suggestion is, if it's a .mkv file when you download it, convert it to a .mp4 using Handbrake or something similiar where you don't lose quality, and when burning it, burn it using the highest available setting. Sometimes there's like a 'Good' 'Better' 'Best' type deal where doing 'best' takes a long ass time to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullcandy365.erichq View Post
              Are you burning it to a dvd as an actual movie with menus and all that, or doing it as a "Data DVD" type deal?

My suggestion is, if it's a .mkv file when you download it, convert it to a .mp4 using Handbrake or something similiar where you don't lose quality, and when burning it, burn it using the highest available setting. Sometimes there's like a 'Good' 'Better' 'Best' type deal where doing 'best' takes a long ass time to burn.
              aight thanx bro.

Comment

Working...
              X