Datpiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datpiff

How come so many folks here download mixes from Datpiff, but nobody ever thinks of INVESTING in Datpiff? Datpiff is Idle Media, Inc (IDLM). Zero debt. Sweet cash flow. Massive traffic stats. And totally ignored by the suits on Wall Street. Well, so was Motown and BET. I guess I'm not surprised Wall Street could care less about some website for Hiphop downloads. But a company with similar web traffic (Zillow) has a market cap of $1 billion, and IDLM is only valued at $10 million.

I would have thought folks with deep pockets from the Hiphop business would have been all over IDLM stock, buying themselves a cheap slice of Datpiff. But I follow it pretty closely and I don't see Lil Wayne or Tyga or anyone from the business buying shares or even discussing it. I wonder why...

Wadi

Re: Datpiff

This is interesting. If I had money I definitely would.

Comment

Well, I know how THAT can be. Took me a long time to build up, but IMHO you can't do it getting 2 percent (or less) on a savings account. Will IDLM go up? I don't have a crystal ball. But Motown and BET eventually got noticed. Datpiff is consistently ranked in the top 500 US websites (ranked by traffic at Quantcast). If you toss out firms like United Airlines which aren't primarily internet companies or Amazon that is selling stuff, the list gets much, much smaller and Datpiff is probably in the top 100. I get it that the folks who visit Datpiff aren't necessarily on the radar for the establishment, but IDLM is a well-run and exciting little company that provides a valuable service and that has some valuable ad space.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Well, if folks ARE interested, here's some info on IDLM/Datpiff: https://sites.google.com/site/idlemediainc/

Comments welcome. And here's the IHUB message board: Idle Media, Inc. (IDLM) Stock Message Board - InvestorsHub

Comment

*Cough*Spam*Cough*

You should be ashamed if you're following me on twitter and retweeting a nigga.

You should be ashamed if you're not reblogging my posts on tumblr

You should be ashamed if you're not subscribed to my youtube

Comment

OK, sorry for bringing up investments. I'll stop posting on this thread if others feel the same way. Not sure where the appropriate forum is to discuss the money side of Hiphop, but I agree that this might not be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadi Rum View Post
            OK, sorry for bringing up investments. I'll stop posting on this thread if others feel the same way. Not sure where the appropriate forum is to discuss the money side of Hiphop, but I agree that this might not be it.
            Well if you wanted to, make a thread on investing ideas in offtopic section. But the fact that your a new account and just posted this makes it seem like spam

Comment

Fuck outta here with your advertisements

Datpiff is fucking whack...
              THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

OK -- topic should have been "Investing Ideas", but in fact I know of only one public company associated with Hiphop, so unless we're talking GE or Microsoft, investing+hiphop=datpiff.

And I used to be a member, but somehow while my password still works my account has a new date and I don't see my messages. Then again, I was talking about Datpiff then as well -- so, maybe this just isn't the right forum to talk about $$ and stuff. I guess I do have a sort of one-track mind in terms of why I get on boards, etc. So, call it spam -- but I think it is probably more that I'm a kind of boring poster who is focusing on a side of this business that others aren't too interested in. Again, my apologies.

And in response to Ice Man: I guess I have my answer about why folks who listen to Hiphop aren't into investing in the business side of it.

Adios!

Comment

Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                  Fuck outta here with your advertisements

Datpiff is fucking whack...
                  I use datpiff

Comment

Working...
                  X