Lean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lean

I've seen a lot of people asking about syrup...
    So I thought I'd make a thread. I did a research project on recreational drugs last quarter in my Emergency Response class, so here's what I had on it. I added a little more that I couldn't put in my project.

Syrup

What else is it called?
    Purple Drank, Sizzurp, Lean, "Kickstand" (created by Soulja Boy), Oil, Barre, Texas Tea.

What is "Syrup"?
    "Syrup" is a mixture of prescription cough medicines that is created to give the user a euphoric "high". The mixture is usually purple in color, due to the added ingredient; Promethazine. Syrup can be illegally obtained, much like other recreational drugs, or it can be prescribed by a doctor, usually for severe, long-lasting cough symptoms.
    It is debated that you can make Lean with other prescription cough syrups such as Tussionex or Robitussin. Robitussin DXM is not an original ingredient to the "Lean" drink, but does around the range of 150-250 mg may vaguely result in similar effects. The active ingredient in Robitussin is an "upper" drug, while the "high" created by the original syrup mixture is a "downer".

How did "Lean" start?
    Most would say the drink originated in Houston, Texas and became increasingly well-known and popular due to rappers Lil Wayne, Three 6 Mafia, DJ Screw, & Pimp C.
    Supposedly, "Sizzurp" began being consumed for recreation as early as the 1960's, while it grew widely popular starting in the 1990's. Knowledge, use, and popularity continues to grow, due to the high influence, mostly from the Hip Hop culture.

How do I make "Purple Drank"?

What you will need:
    • 1.) Promethazine VC / Codeine Prescription-Grade Cough Syrup

• *Amount of cough syrup depends on user's tolerance, drug experience, age, gender, weight, height, body fat and knowledge. About 2 ounces is normal for an average adult male.

• 2.) Mixer - Usually Sprite (Hawaiian Punch or Mountain Dew are an alternative)

• 3.) Styrofoam Cup

• 4.) Jolly Rancher - For Flavor Additives (Optional)

NOTE: "Lean" has highly addictive ingredients and should be consumed "responsibly".

How will I feel?
    The "high" you experience from "Lean" is an intense euphoric feeling, due to the opiates in the Codeine syrup.
    Your body/face may experience a numb or tingling feeling, as well as extreme relaxation.
    Other feelings include: extreme drowsiness, motor skill impairment, lethargy, or dissociative feelings from parts of the body (usually stomach and digestive system).
    Most users have feelings of self-satisfaction and the idea that you are always right and above others.
    The euphoric experience is the most enjoyable part of the "high".

What shouldn't I do?
    Do not add alcohol. Adding alcohol is a risky move; depending on the user, adding alcohol to the mixture could have lethal or very dangerous effects. A user of "Lean" should be very cautious about operating a vehicle, as the ingredients can severely impair driving skills and judgement. Be careful not to drink large amounts at once; the extreme drowsy effects have been known to be lethal. Be sure to have your first "Leanin'" experience with close, trustworthy friends. Being paranoid or surrounding yourself around people you don't care for can lead to an unpleasant experience.

Why shouldn't I try Lean?
    One of the most common deaths while under the influence of "Lean" is respiratory depression, and cardiac arrest. The addition to alcohol greatly increases the chance of respiratory failure or cardiac arrest. Lean has very powerful addictive qualities, and withdrawal symptoms are very painful and severe.

Who even talks about syrup?
    While most would say popularity increased because of Lil Wayne, Three 6 Mafia, DJ Screw, and Pimp C, there are numerous others that reference the drink:
    • Drake
    • Soulja Boy
    • UGK
    • Lil' Wyte
    • Lil Boosie
    • Macklemore
    • Big Moe
    • Jim Jones
    • Far East Movement
    • Paul Wall
    • The Game
    • Slim Thug
    • Gorilla Zoe
    • Mack Maine
    • Jae Millz
    • Short Dawg
    • Gucci Mane
    • Plies
    • Tech N9ne
    • Young Buck

R.I.P. To:
    • DJ Screw - November 16, 2000 - Promethazine/Codeine/Alcohol Overdose
    • Big Moe - October 14, 2007 - Cardiac Arrest/Coma
    • Pimp C - December 4, 2007 - Great Quantities Of "Syrup" & Sleep Apnea

For the younger, curious sippers:
    • "Drank" - Created by Innovated Beverage Group. Contains no illegal drugs, but claims to "Slow Your Roll" due to the added herbal ingredients.
    • "Sippin' Syrup" - Relaxation drink designed to give you an "anti-energy" feel using natural herbal ingredients.

#WHiTECUPGANG

Re: Lean

Damn that dude can spit

Comment

Originally posted by -Nino- View Post
      Damn that dude can spit
      yeah hes pretty filthy...i heard about him when i moved to seattle
      #WHiTECUPGANG

Comment

Originally posted by promethazinefiend View Post
        yeah hes pretty filthy...i heard about him when i moved to seattle
        does the sippin syrup have any of the same effects as real lean i know its a anti energy drink but what do you feel?

Comment

ever tried leanin back while on that lean?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T20aIntlGVo[/youtube]

Comment

none of these pseudo-syrups are avaliable in germany, FUCK IT
            You a star, you look in the mirror, you know who you are, right?

Comment

Originally posted by danielnfl36 View Post
              does the sippin syrup have any of the same effects as real lean i know its a anti energy drink but what do you feel?
              definitely not the SAME effects, obviously...but i mean, they got it on point with the extreme relaxation and stress-reducing feeling.
              i guess it tastes similiar...in a way. but you obviously don't get high from it since they sell it in stores...
              i don't think it's worth the $6-8 bucks though

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
              ever tried leanin back while on that lean?

hahaha clownin'...

...but have you ever tried ZAN with that lean?
              #WHiTECUPGANG

Comment

Working...
              X