Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landlord catches you living with extra people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord catches you living with extra people?

What can a landlord possible do other then eviction, because she found out my sister and her kids were staying with us for a couple of months, but now she moved out.

Our contract is over, and we plan on moving out very soon, but I've spoken to her today about the rent and she mentioned to me that my sister stayed with me and blah blah, I told her she moved, but she was like she still stayed with you for a point of time. I told okay yeah for a couple of months, she's like I don't care I took a picture.

So is there anything she can do?

Re: Landlord catches you living with extra people?

im not really sure but its a breach of contract for having people stay with you when they're not on your lease

Comment

I had this happen to me a few months ago, me and two friends had a 4th person move in who slept on the couch for 3-4 months. The landlord found out, but he liked us and really didnt care as long as we had rent and stuff paid on time. So i guess it depends how nice/close you are to your landlord.

In your case, it doesnt sound like you have a good relationship with the landlord, but i don't think much can happen other than make you pay a lil extra

Comment

You can release that mixtape of yours youve been sitting on for a couple of years now, make some money, and maybe buy a house.

Comment

Working...
        X