The Official Knowledge thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Knowledge thread.

Here is where we share our ideas and discuss the way society works. The way that our mind functions. Anything that gives Knowledge, Wisdometc.. Whether is science related or the way of thinking. Here we question and we discuss life, death, the universe, the human brain, morals, beliefs, the good, the bad, the truth, the facts, the lies, the ignorance. Things like that.

Here's a GREAT website that would give you guys an idea and would get y'all thinking. Click on one of the links there and just read at least one sentence.

RESPONSIBLE THINKING

It's easy for us to ridicule the foolishness of people in the past who believed things that turned out to be absurdly false. We are horrified that the Aztecs would make human sacrifices to appease a volcano god. We laugh that people were afraid Columbus would sail off the edge of the earth. We are amazed that the people of Salem, Massachusetts would hang people for being witches and we are shocked that religious authorities would burn Giordano Bruno at the stake for teaching that the earth went around the sun. And we are particularly appalled by the hatred of the Nazis that enabled Hitler to murder millions.

Most of us like to think we would have been on the side of truth and justice in all these cases. Would we have? What makes us think that we are so much smarter than those people who thought the witches were endangering their children or the world was flat or the Jews were a menace to society? It's easy for us to know these things were wrong now, with the benefit of hindsight and when the people around us all agree that they were wrong. But would we have known it back when the problem occurred, if we were subject to the same influences as those who supported the false positions?

My mother would sometimes say "There, but for the grace of God, go I," usually referring to somebody crippled or retarded or who had gotten into trouble with the law. It can apply as well to those whose political or religious or scientific beliefs were seriously misguided. If we had been raised with the same background, might we not have supported the same ideas? These wrong ideas were not supported by maniacs - they were supported by mainstream people and powerful leaders. It could very easily be that you and I would have been on the wrong side on these crucial issues. Perhaps we are on the wrong side of important issues today.
    ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
    The Weeknd - 33 Mill

I WENT FROM RED BARS, TO REP STARS.

Re: The Official Knowledge thread.

inb4everypost

Comment

You can talk about all that crap in the random topic thread tho

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMostDopeMaye View Post
        You can talk about all that crap in the random topic thread tho
        nobody stays on topic.
        ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
        The Weeknd - 33 Mill

Comment

Alright someone start i feel like going all in a deep thinking mood tbh.

#FREEVELVET

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_zimmie View Post
            Alright someone start i feel like going all in a deep thinking mood tbh.
            same here
            someone come up with a topic so we can have an intellectual conversation/debate/discussion
            Easter Eggs

Comment

gonna start meditating with cock in hand, if you catch my drift.

Comment

don't worry about not being successful, worry about not being happy.
                ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
                The Weeknd - 33 Mill

Comment

iunno where this thread is goin no niggas talking lol but ill just post some wise/inspirational ish
                  51080434.jpg19447240.jpg8l2S7.jpg
                  Never give up on your dreams, because you never know how close you really are...You never know how close you are.. Never give up on your dreams!.jpgtryelephant.jpgtumblr_l4w1xgDkfQ1qc8nxdo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mars Martian View Post
                    don't worry about not being successful, worry about not being happy.
                    fuck worrying tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Proof View Post
                      fuck worrying tbh
                      well yeah, to a certain point I agree. But what if your happiness is jeopardized or even your life? Unless you want to die (which I also look at it as something not to be afraid of, death should not be feared) you don't have to worry about it. The point is that we all worry at some point but we worry about the wrong things sometimes, specially this generation. I see your point of not worrying though, that works for some people and that makes them happy. If that makes you happy then don't worry! XO

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Originally posted by IamHipHop View Post
                      iunno where this thread is goin no niggas talking lol but ill just post some wise/inspirational ish
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]3632[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3633[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3634[/ATTACH]
                      Never give up on your dreams, because you never know how close you really are...[ATTACH=CONFIG]3635[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3636[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3637[/ATTACH]
                      These are really good i like the examples used too. The one talking about mindset sure has a lot of menaing.
                      ---->

Love Women XO

(Artist)
                      The Weeknd - 33 Mill

Comment

The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

Working...
                        X