Moped/Scooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moped/Scooters

So I just got a new job and I'm thinking of getting a 50cc moped to get me there and back.

Are they any good? What's the top speed etc?

It's a pain cos I do have a driving licence but insurance is �2000+ on a car for me...nightmare!

You ain't a king, you a joker card.

Originally posted by Jinglewaffle View Post
    So I just got a new job and I'm thinking of getting a 50cc moped to get me there and back.

Are they any good? What's the top speed etc?

It's a pain cos I do have a driving licence but insurance is �2000+ on a car for me...nightmare!
    Haha, exactly the same as me!! I'm picking up my bike I am buying tomorrow morning!! It's a 125cc which if you are over 17 you are allowed to drive on the roads with L plates as long as you have done your CBT. Which I have on Sunday the day after I get my bike.

Can't wait. Gonna only cost like �300 max to insure and the bike is costing me like �1300 so plus all the leathers and helmet etc it's costing me a full �2000 to get on the road fully. The petrol on the bike I'm getting does about 75miles per gal and a top speed of about 80-90mph.

If you were to get a 50cc ped then I think top speed is about 40mph. And you can get them derestricted so they go faster but only about 45mph.

But obviously you have your driving license and are 17 or older so you can drive a 125cc also man. I'm not getting a moped type though, i fucking hate them and they are heavily associated with Chavs so I'm getting a superbike style!

This is my bike!! So yeah thats some of the info on that stuff. Good luck put up a pic if you get a bike!!

Last edited by Kuzz; 04-13-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Nice bike mate Wish I could get something like that.

I'm only thinking of getting a moped to loan for 6 months through a scheme called Wheels To Work.
      Its �15 a week to rent and you get:
      6 month loan
      CBT training + advanced training
      Helmet & leathers
      Service & maintenance
      Tax, insurance & breakdown cover

So not bad for the price eh?

Comment

Got still 50cc we get 125cc when we are 16, so in summer...

Comment

Originally posted by Late122 View Post
          Got still 50cc we get 125cc when we are 16, so in summer...
          Youve got a 50cc? Do you like it? Does it get you about easy enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Jinglewaffle View Post
            Youve got a 50cc? Do you like it? Does it get you about easy enough?
            Yeah I like it but here 50cc are limited to max 45 km/h but I don't know are they in UK. But they are pretty easy to get to go faster.
            It's pretty easy to use, 2 strikes just make big ass sounds. Mine was 1700 euros, but that's pretty big price even for a good shaped. These are good for going to school or stuff but not in a longer trips.
            Took these a minute ago, rainy day

Comment

That's a pretty nice bike. The scheme im looking at only offer scooters like this which are all 50cc.

I suppose theyre better than 4 bus journeys a day

Comment

had this, was bomb

got this now, WAYYYYYY better lol, 125 ccm

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

Nice bikes bro.

I'll definitely save up for either a better bike or cheap car after a while. Just need something to get to work and back

Ive only ever driven cars, never done anything on a bike. Anything I should know to riding a scooter or is it straight forward?

Comment

i got a 50cc moped when I was 16...was a bad move..hated it tbh..wasted a ton of money..luckily sold it for how much I got it for. They're so fucking slow lol it was embarrassing trying to get anywhere, shit only just made 30mph. So I saved and spent 2k on a car the following year and have had that since and never looked back. Swag! Save for a car IMO. Safer too, shit was so scary riding a moped, no one fucking sees you!

Comment

I got so much shit from my friends but this is what I had when I was 16 except all white.

xm5000li-angle-left-red-250px_81dd.jpg

The kicker is that this does not run on gas, and has no engine. It runs on a lithium battery. It makes no noise. But I could hit 62 mph on it and you do not need insurance or a driver's license to use this. At least where I live. I would come home from school and just plug it into the wall. I do not recommend this at all because it's insanely expensive. You can drive it on the street or the sidewalk. My aunt won it at a car show and she sold it to me for 300 I could sell it right now for $3000+

Shawty said the nigga that she with ain�t shit Shawty said the nigga that she with ain�t this Shawty said the nigga that she with can't hit But shawty I'ma hit it, hit it like I can't miss.

-2pac Shakur

Comment

Cheers guys.

Wish - I won't ever be able to save for insurance on appr�ntice wages. �100 a week. I won't be buying a moped, just loaning one for �15 - �20 week for six months to get me to work

Otherwise it's 4 bus journeys a day...

Comment

Working...
                        X