Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a website

Help me out...

What site should I use to host the blog? Wordpress, blogger, etc?

I was thinking Wordpress but they want you to pay like $100 a month for shit that I think you shouldn't have to pay for....

Someone who is knowledgeable with making websites, let me know!

protect dunston at all costs

Ask danny bro lol

Comment

[MENTION=62093]Kuzz[/MENTION] know this shit ask him

Comment

Originally posted by Kaden View Post
        Ask danny bro lol
        Well he uses Wordpress, but since his site is making money, it's not a thing to spend the $100 so he can use the features. But I'm just using it for pictures I take and music and whatever I feel like lol. I'm mostly just seeing what website host is best. Wordpress seems the best, but like I wanna fucking edit a theme and they won't let me unless I update to the $100 package? Lol who tha fuck they think they are lol.

@Kuzz wut u got 2 say on this topic tho?

Comment

i thought you had one a while back?

Comment

Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
            i thought you had one a while back?
            Not like an official one. I want one I can fully customize and shit. Have my own url. Etc...

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
              Well he uses Wordpress, but since his site is making money, it's not a thing to spend the $100 so he can use the features. But I'm just using it for pictures I take and music and whatever I feel like lol. I'm mostly just seeing what website host is best. Wordpress seems the best, but like I wanna fucking edit a theme and they won't let me unless I update to the $100 package? Lol who tha fuck they think they are lol.

@Kuzz wut u got 2 say on this topic tho?
              I normally set my clients up with some real cheap hosting from a company called 'JustHost' been with them for about 5 years now and never had any major problems with them! Think using the code '50OFF' you can get 50% off! You can get like 4 years of hosting for $107.04 that includes a domain name 'www.websitename.com' and then you only have to pay like $9.99 a year for that domain name... Once the four years is up though you have to renew that hosting contract which is obviously up to you!

I know it still costs $100 but hosting through Wordpress is shit because they restrict you as you have said and you wanna edit a theme/template! If you host properly then you have no restrictions, just install Wordpress and your theme and away you go! That's what I'd personally do... Its either that or go through Wordpress, or find someone willing to let you just buy a domain and park it on their server as a add-on domain so all you'd actually pay is your $9.99 a year and you'd be using their server...

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

You won't find any cheaper than that really, maybe a couple of places? But you gotta make sure you getting a good service which is normally not the case the cheaper you go! But imo JustHost are pretty quality! If you want your own URL and total freedom it's something you gonna have to pay for, no easy way round it! Unless you park on someone else's server that is generous enough to let you but then after you start getting traffic or if you do and it's quite a bit then that's where it's better to have your own server because you'd be sharing bandwidth with other websites on the same server hosted by that person and the site might start getting slow!

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

And also hosting with Wordpress I believe they don't allow you to upload a theme you purchase online else where, which is what you'd wanna do because there are some shit hot themes out there! Think they make you use their themes and custom ones that people have made and put up for sale on their site! Shitty!

Good luck, let me know if ya need any help or anything!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
                I normally set my clients up with some real cheap hosting from a company called 'JustHost' been with them for about 5 years now and never had any major problems with them! Think using the code '50OFF' you can get 50% off! You can get like 4 years of hosting for $107.04 that includes a domain name 'www.websitename.com' and then you only have to pay like $9.99 a year for that domain name... Once the four years is up though you have to renew that hosting contract which is obviously up to you!

I know it still costs $100 but hosting through Wordpress is shit because they restrict you as you have said and you wanna edit a theme/template! If you host properly then you have no restrictions, just install Wordpress and your theme and away you go! That's what I'd personally do... Its either that or go through Wordpress, or find someone willing to let you just buy a domain and park it on their server as a add-on domain so all you'd actually pay is your $9.99 a year and you'd be using their server...

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

You won't find any cheaper than that really, maybe a couple of places? But you gotta make sure you getting a good service which is normally not the case the cheaper you go! But imo JustHost are pretty quality! If you want your own URL and total freedom it's something you gonna have to pay for, no easy way round it! Unless you park on someone else's server that is generous enough to let you but then after you start getting traffic or if you do and it's quite a bit then that's where it's better to have your own server because you'd be sharing bandwidth with other websites on the same server hosted by that person and the site might start getting slow!

Dope shit, some good info here.

Let me give you (And any one) else the run-down of what I want and what I'm willing do to...

- I want a place like WordPress where I can make posts and edit my site. It doesn't have to be any certain site, and I don't really need a lot of space on the server because most of the posts will be stuff from other sites (YouTube videos, soundcloud audio, pictures, etc).
                - I want to have full access to being able to edit my site 100%. I don't really mind paying a small yearly cost for this, but $100 over @ WordPress seems ridiculous.
                - I know I'll have to buy the domain name and all that, so where would be the best place to do this?

That's all I can think of for now, but if you need to know any other info that might help you help me more effectively.. just ask!

Comment

Dope shit, some good info here.

Let me give you (And any one) else the run-down of what I want and what I'm willing do to...

- I want a place like WordPress where I can make posts and edit my site. It doesn't have to be any certain site, and I don't really need a lot of space on the server because most of the posts will be stuff from other sites (YouTube videos, soundcloud audio, pictures, etc).
                  - I want to have full access to being able to edit my site 100%. I don't really mind paying a small yearly cost for this, but $100 over @ WordPress seems ridiculous.
                  - I know I'll have to buy the domain name and all that, so where would be the best place to do this?

That's all I can think of for now, but if you need to know any other info that might help you help me more effectively.. just ask!
                  Well you wanna 100% go with wordpress as your platform as it's just so powerful and can be used for many different things not just blogging. But that is fine because no matter what hosting you get you'll be able to install wordpress for free.

To have 100% acess to all files and total freedom as I said going with a hosting company or asking someone to park a domain on their site is your only option. And I've given you prices above. That $100 is for fours years though so basically $25 a year minus the domain name and domain privacy if you chose you add it on. (but the price will go up after those four years by a little bit because you are using a discount code which can only be applied first time you register with them.

You would be best buying your domain with your host when you get it because otherwise if you bought your domain else where like 123reg etc then you'd have to have the DNS servers directed to your hosting who ever you host with and it's just all more hastle than there needs to be.

That $100 were they asking for that yearly @ wordpress?

Comment

Well you wanna 100% go with wordpress as your platform as it's just so powerful and can be used for many different things not just blogging. But that is fine because no matter what hosting you get you'll be able to install wordpress for free.

To have 100% acess to all files and total freedom as I said going with a hosting company or asking someone to park a domain on their site is your only option. And I've given you prices above. That $100 is for fours years though so basically $25 a year minus the domain name and domain privacy if you chose you add it on. (but the price will go up after those four years by a little bit because you are using a discount code which can only be applied first time you register with them.

You would be best buying your domain with your host when you get it because otherwise if you bought your domain else where like 123reg etc then you'd have to have the DNS servers directed to your hosting who ever you host with and it's just all more hastle than there needs to be.

That $100 were they asking for that yearly @ wordpress?
                    Well the $100 is their "Pro Bundle"

Custom Domains
                    Custom Design
                    Premium Themes
                    VideoPress
                    Extra Storage
                    Ad-Free
                    Guided Transfer
                    Offsite Redirect

Thats everything it offers...

Comment

Well the $100 is their "Pro Bundle"

Custom Domains
                      Custom Design
                      Premium Themes
                      VideoPress
                      Extra Storage
                      Ad-Free
                      Guided Transfer
                      Offsite Redirect

Thats everything it offers...
                      Yeah it's $100 a year. And by the looks of it you still can't upload a custom theme bought from a outside source. It just says edit fronts etc and edit CSS. You wanna be able to edit more than that, have access to all your files on your server.

Way better to go with JustHost, works out as I said bout $25 a year and you get your total freedom.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

And it says $99 instead of $166 per year saving 41% so my guess is as soon as that first year is up it goes back to up to $166 per year.

Comment

Yeah it's $100 a year. And by the looks of it you still can't upload a custom theme bought from a outside source. It just says edit fronts etc and edit CSS. You wanna be able to edit more than that, have access to all your files on your server.

Way better to go with JustHost, works out as I said bout $25 a year and you get your total freedom.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

And it says $99 instead of $166 per year saving 41% so my guess is as soon as that first year is up it goes back to up to $166 per year.
                        Okay... so I see you're definitely saying I should go through JustHost. But like tell me how it works lol. I'm really confused... Is JustHost like WordPress? Because I was reading on the JustHost website and it says things like "Free WordPress install" lol. Sorry if I sound dumb rofll

Comment

Working...
                        X