Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with contact lenses.

Does anybody hear wear contact lenses?

How does one go about getting them? i googled them and i have seen "32 contacts for �/$5 price"

but don't i have to get them fitted for my eyes?

I've never had contacts
    but i recently tried getting some
    i went to my doctor
    they said i have to pay a fee a little more than $100 so that they can see which type of contacts are best for me
    i believe there are like two kinds
    and i try each one for about a week
    after that its like an $80 fee for 6 pairs that last me 3 months
    or an $86 fee for 6 pairs that last me 6 months
    and they keep checking up on you for a year because you are new to contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter. View Post

How does one go about getting them? i googled them and i have seen "32 contacts for �/$5 price"

I got contact lenses. just hit up your optician, they measure everything so you'll be alright.

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

i would assume that you would go to an eye doctor and find out? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Xclusive View Post
          i would assume that you would go to an eye doctor and find out? lol
          i know its just because i googled contact lenses, and you could buy a bulk for so much from just normal shops, and it confused me lol.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Originally posted by JODY HiGHROLLER View Post
          I got contact lenses. just hit up your optician, they measure everything so you'll be alright.
          Ok thanks, is it weird having them in? I can't be arsed with glasses no more

Comment

i know its just because i googled contact lenses, and you could buy a bulk for so much from just normal shops, and it confused me lol.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Ok thanks, is it weird having them in? I can't be arsed with glasses no more
            there are differnt ones. soft and hard ones. you will get used to the hard ones after 3 times or something and you won't feel them at all then.
            the soft ones will prolly take 1 time to get used to

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

Eye doctor.

Comment

Does anybody hear wear contact lenses?How does one go about getting them? i googled them and i have seen "32 contacts for �/$5 price" but don't i have to get them fitted for my eyes?
                I got contacts. And yes, just go to your optician, they'll help you with everything.

Comment

I've got contacts and I love em, they make my life so much easier (altho I never wear them when I'm in the house, only when I'm at school or going out somewhere where I know I'm going to need to be seeing things at a far distance).

For starters, you can't just go all willy-nilly and buy your own contacts.
                  Go see your eye doctor. Schedule an appointment with your optician to get yourself some contacts. They will look at your eyes to determine what kind of prescription you will need. During that time they'll explain to you how to take care of your lenses, how to clean them properly, and more importantly, how to put them in correctly! They teach you how to put them in while you're there, and they'll have you take them out and put them back in several times so you can get used to the process, and they'll let you go walk around to see how they feel and to let you get adjusted to them. Then they'll send you on your way with a couple bulk packs of contacts (which should last you for several years, unless you're like me and tend to lose them every now and then, those things are a BITCH to find lmfao, every time I drop one, they end up in a place I'd least expect in my bathroom -____-).

I would steer away from ordering contacts online unless you know for sure what prescription you need for your eyes.
                  By the way, just a tip -- you will know if you ever put them in the wrong way if they hurt like a motherfucker, and you will know instantly that they do not feel the way they should be feeling, trust me haha! Also, most of the time when wearing contacts you don't feel a thing, hell sometimes I forget I'm even wearing contacts during the day. The only time they'll feel weird is if your walking towards the wind. Other than that, you shouldn't feel a thing. Although sometimes if your contacts start getting dry in your eyes they can give you a headache (well at least for me they do).

Also fyi, the brand of my contacts is called Biofinity. They are soft contact lenses. They feel great imo. But I guess it's different for everybody, I don't really know the difference b/w soft & hard lenses, I've never needed to care enough to know the difference since my lenses always feel great lol.
                  Last edited by Lil_Tunechi; 08-30-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

^ yeah thanks everybody. I found information on my opticians, after you have them perscripted and tested, you pay so much a month and they send enough contacts to last a month. You can pay less for, just normal ones, or you can pay more for super soft ones.

I'll make an appointment soon.

Comment

The thing I like about contacts is you can always take them out and wear glasses if you feel like it. Once you get your eyes tested and the right prescription of contacts you will see as good as new. Some contacts are taken out and replaced daily, but mine for example are replaced every 2 weeks. Make sure you take them out every night though, or you can develop eye problems.
                      FRESH ON CAMPUS

ITS THE BIRDMAN JR.

Comment

go to the eye doctor and ask them! does this look like an optometry forum?!
                        .................... ....................

Comment

Working...
                        X