How to get a credit card in the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get a credit card in the U.S.?

It's fucking impossible for me to get a credit card right now I don't understand. I've never had a credit card in my life and I want to get one now to start building my credit score up. I'm 19 and have a full time job but everywhere I go I just keep getting denied. They won't even give me a card to start building credit, it's fucking bullshit

Yeah I had the same problem. Your best shot is a credit union. That's where I bank and for some dumb reason I didn't try them when I first applied. You just gotta fill out a credit application with the person face to face and really let them know you're reliable and you're worth them letting you have one. My credit card limit first started off at $500 and the interest rate was like 15%.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

go to a bank, fill our a form, they will then send you one

Comment

Becareful with the card company you choose to go with and do research on their interest rates. Also, avoid everyone loan they offer you.
        Last edited by ; 10-11-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Good luck, going for mine soon as well...
          Selling:
          -"I Survived 2012." Bracelet
          Full List
          (clickable)

Comment

I'm 19 and don't have one either. but that's ok, debit's a trillion times better.

I can control my spending that way. If there's no money in my bank, I get declined.
            .................... ....................

Comment

RT

Originally posted by bconover93 View Post
              I'm 19 and don't have one either. but that's ok, debit's a trillion times better.

I can control my spending that way. If there's no money in my bank, I get declined.

Comment

yeah, it's stupid that you cant even apply for a card with a $300 limit
                if you keep applying and getting denied, i heard that lowers your credit score
                the best place to get a get a card to build your credit would be at a store
                i have a couple friends who applied at La Curacao and got approved easily even after being declined a $300 limit credit card
                or you can do what i did, my uncle already had a credit card and he added me into his account
                so now i got my own card with a high credit limit and he doesnt even use the card anymore so it's only my stuff in the bill
                a third option to build credit would be to go to the bank and find out if they have this thing called a credit builder where you agree to make a monthly deposit for a certain amount of time
                it builds you credit and it saves the money for you because you are not allowed to touch that money untill you're done paying what you agreed to pay
                i know Popular Community Bank does it [also known as Banco Popular]

Comment

Working...
                X