Philosphy of Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosphy of Colours

What if what colors one person sees is not the same as another persons? What if my red is your yellow, or my blue is your green?
    We wouldn't know because that color appears to be the same to the person in all circumstances. There eyes might interpret the wavelength of the color differently, right?
    There's no way of ever finding out if my red is yours, if I say something is red, and you agree, you might be thinking I'm talking about red (but what you see is my yellow), right?
    What do you think?

Just some philosophy for you

it's often that people think an orange color is red and the other way around..

we probaly see similar colors a little different, but I highly doubt anybody could see red as yellow...

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
      it's often that people think an orange color is red and the other way around..

we probaly see similar colors a little different, but I highly doubt anybody could see red as yellow...
      It is a possibility, and the likeliness is unmeasurable, but doubtful, just think about it though, it is most definitely possible and therefore the philosophy of the idea is truly intriguing. Non the less, it is not something very important but something unexplainable and something to ponder on.

Comment

Originally posted by romanreloaded View Post
        What if what colors one person sees is not the same as another persons? What if my red is your yellow, or my blue is your green?
        We wouldn't know because that color appears to be the same to the person in all circumstances. There eyes might interpret the wavelength of the color differently, right?
        There's no way of ever finding out if my red is yours, if I say something is red, and you agree, you might be thinking I'm talking about red (but what you see is my yellow), right?
        What do you think?

It is a possibility, and the likeliness is unmeasurable, but doubtful, just think about it though, it is most definitely possible and therefore the philosophy of the idea is truly intriguing. Non the less, it is not something very important but something unexplainable and something to ponder on.
        You on some Socrates shit with that one boi..
        I've been thinking about that too actually.. It's possible, but there's really no way of telling.. Maybe when scientiest dissect human eye, but thats already done and if they discovered that sort of thing, it would probably go public.
        But it's a nice thing to think about

But then again, think about the skin color? So, lets say, for me black people have black skin, but for someone else it's not actually black but it's green? or something?
        Nah, this shouldn't be overthinked..

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoMaxX View Post
          You on some Socrates shit with that one boi..
          I've been thinking about that too actually.. It's possible, but there's really no way of telling.. Maybe when scientiest dissect human eye, but thats already done and if they discovered that sort of thing, it would probably go public.
          But it's a nice thing to think about

But then again, think about the skin color? So, lets say, for me black people have black skin, but for someone else it's not actually black but it's green? or something?
          Nah, this shouldn't be overthinked..
          Exactly! You got the idea, I've dissected an eye before, they all look the same pretty much even on a cellular level, so it's really a brain dissection that's necessary, but it might be psychological, way too many factors.

Thought I'd add I dissected it in Human Biology not just for fun lol.
          Last edited by romanreloaded; 05-28-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

What do you think?

I see what you mean.

I do think that some smart ass expert or something has found out how shit works.

Comment

Color is created in our head, so you could be creating something different to mine.

Same with taste, We can all agree chocolate taste good, but are your tasting what I am tasting?

Have you been watching Vsauce on youtube?

Interesting if you haven't seen it.
              Last edited by Mr. Postman; 05-28-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Postman View Post
                Color is created in our head, so you could be creating something different to mine.

Same with taste, We can all agree chocolate taste good, but are your tasting what I am tasting?

How did I not find this before!

Comment

hmmmmm

Comment

It's just another 'what if' question =/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Postman View Post

VSauce is the shit! You ever watched his videos stoned? Well you should lol.

Comment

Got me thinking that if a person is blind, does he like "see" our black?

Comment

Working...
                        X