• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by benefitx View Post
      it shut down cause i told them to shut it down end of story
      Damn, you da man.

Comment

The Democrats had a temper tantrum because the Republicans wouldn't pass Obamacare

Comment

Originally posted by b_roll_ya View Post

somebody, please stop this guy before he goes full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Proof View Post
            the government doesnt literally shut down god sometimes i wonder about y'all lol

they just cant come up with an annual budget so they may have to cut certain funding until they can
            But if and WHEN they cant get up to that debt defict they have, the US dollar gonna crash

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JayBabyyy View Post
            How? What would happen?
            If this shutdown last a while, eventually more things will be affected, including the 911 dispatchers not answering calls

Comment

Food Inspection

The Food and Drug Administration would be unable to support the majority of its food safety activities, including routine establishment inspections and monitoring imports, according to the U.S. Department of Health�s contingency plan.

Outbreak Detection

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) would have to reduce its operations, the Department of Health�s plan also says.

The CDC would only have �a significantly reduced capacity to respond to outbreak investigations, processing of laboratory samples, and maintaining the agency�s 24/7 emergency operations,� the plan warns.

Medical research at the National Institutes of Health would stop but staff would remain to tend 1.3 million lab mice, 63,000 rats and 3,900 monkeys. �Many of these animals are priceless and have taken generations to breed,� the plan says.

Defence and law enforcement

The U.S. military�s 1.4 million active personnel will remain on duty, as will agents from the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

The Office of the Pardon Attorney will shut down but �if an inmate facing execution in a capital case filed an application for commutation of sentence and appropriations lapsed, it is possible that some OPA employees would [return to work] temporarily,� says the Department of Justice�s contingency plan.

Astronauts in orbit

Most of NASA�s 18,250 personnel will be furloughed, save for about 550 people who deal with operations aboard the International Space Station and ongoing satellite missions. �If a satellite mission has not yet been launched, work will generally cease,� the space agency says in its shutdown plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico101 View Post
                Defence and law enforcement

The U.S. military�s 1.4 million active personnel will remain on duty, as will agents from the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
                I don't get this part.

I'm Air Force what would this mean for me? We have a meeting on this today, but I get the next 3 days off (and won't be there) since I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled in 2 hours.
                .................... ....................

Comment

Comment

''lol government''

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Beats View Post
                      I don't get this part.

I'm Air Force what would this mean for me? We have a meeting on this today, but I get the next 3 days off (and won't be there) since I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled in 2 hours.
                      nothing is going to change your getting paid

Comment

America

Originally posted by Shake
                        Why so negative all the time???

Comment

Should i still be going to school even if the government got shut down?

Comment

Working...
                          X