• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana smoke linked to cancer

Marijuana Smoke Linked to Cancer
    Scientists Say Marijuana Smoke Damages DNA
    By Kelli Miller Stacy
    WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDJune 23, 2009 -- Smoking pot causes cell damage that could make a person more likely to develop cancer, researchers report.

Scientists at the University of Leicester have discovered that marijuana (cannabis) smoke alters DNA, the genetic material located in cells of the human body. Some forms of DNA damage can lead to cancer.

Many studies have shown that tobacco smoke damages DNA in a way that boosts risk for lung and other cancers, but until now, it's been unclear whether cannabis smoke could do the same. Of particular concern is a cancer-causing chemical called acetaldehyde, which is found in both tobacco and marijuana smoke. Using new chemistry techniques, study researchers showed that the chemical, when present in marijuana smoke, caused DNA damage in a laboratory setting.

The discovery suggests that marijuana smoke may be as harmful, or perhaps even more toxic, than tobacco smoke. In fact, study researchers say that smoking three to four marijuana cigarettes a day causes as much airway damage as smoking 20 or more cigarettes a day.

"These results provide evidence for the DNA-damaging potential of cannabis smoke," the researchers write, "implying that the consumption of cannabis cigarettes may be detrimental to human health with the possibility to initiate cancer development."

The findings appear in this month's issue of Chemical Research in Toxicology

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/200906 ... -to-cancer
    "ITS WEEZY BABY STRAPPED LIKE THE NAVY RIDIN WITH A HALF A BRICK STRAPPED TO A BABY I BE GETTIN MONEY RUN A LAP IF YOU LAZY GRANDADDY PURP GOT ME TRAPPED LIKE MAZES BUNCH OF DIAMOND CHAINS LOOKIN LIKE A BUNCH OF LAZERS UNDERSTAND IM SHARPER THAN A FUKIN HELLRAISER"

Re: Marijuana smoke linked to cancer

Thats That Skunk Shit.
    Pure Marijuana Is A Prescribed Medicine In Some Cases And Ive Never Known Or Heard Of Anybody Getting Cancer From Weed But I've Known Plenty That Have Got It From Cigarrettes.
    Besides Real Pure Weed Is Just A Plant, It Might Be Dangerous If You Smoke That Stinkin Other Shit But Pure Weed Is Medicinal.

Comment

Originally posted by LILWAYNEDABEST
      Thats That Skunk Shit.
      Pure Marijuana Is A Prescribed Medicine In Some Cases And Ive Never Known Or Heard Of Anybody Getting Cancer From Weed But I've Known Plenty That Have Got It From Cigarrettes.
      Besides Real Pure Weed Is Just A Plant, It Might Be Dangerous If You Smoke That Stinkin Other Shit But Pure Weed Is Medicinal.
      LOL, I mean prescription medicine can cause all kinds of side effects and probably cancer in some cases, so im sure herbal medicine could too...But anyway, its nothing new, everything is a cancer risk nowadays.
      http://www.iamshanell.com
      LOG ON AND GET INTO IT!!!!

Comment

u get perscribed Marijuana when u have cancer. how would it lead to cancer when people that have cancer they just get more weed. yeh theres chemotherapy but i know somone that had cancer and he got perscribed weed...

Comment

Who cares. I know people that smoked weed all their life, they dont have cancer.

Comment

next thing you know they are gonna say you can get cancer but just living.
            http://youngcorruption.tumblr.com/
            Facebook Fan Page

Props to Woocky

Comment

I'm pretty sure everyone and their momma got cancer nowadays then.

Royce."you don't believe in me you a athiest thug
              my bitch pussy delicious as the flavour of love
              fuck what they say
              I'll tatoo your face, danger but it aint for the love of Ray-J".

Comment

Originally posted by TampaWayne
                I'm pretty sure everyone and their momma got cancer nowadays then.
                LOL exactly!!!

Comment

hell fuckin yes you can get cancer from smokin weed. Anything you smoke and inhale puts carcinogens into your lungs. Cannabis does have cancer eradicating qualities and can actually clean you lungs to some extent, but anything burned and inhaled can cause cancer. Smoking blunts and joints increases the likelihood because you're inhaling the paper you rolled your shit in. The water in a bong helps some to clean the tar out of the smoke but its still smoke.

If you are concerned about cancer buy yourself a vaporizer. It gets your bud hot enough to release the THC but if you dont turn it up hot enough to burn the bud you wont ever have to worry about cancer. Vapes are also a shitton more efficient in getting you high. I cant remember the exact percentages but say that if smoking allows 40% of the THC to be absorbed by your lungs then a vape prolly activates and releases 60%. THis means it takes you less bud to get high. In my experience a vaporizer usually brings out more of the head-high qualities of a given strain when compared to smoking, so if you like to get retarded high, where the weed gets in your brain and ya act stupid, go buy a vape and fuck worrying about cancer
                  Noticed I'm stunna? I know you see me shine
                  and just like Lil Wayne I got that money on my mind
                  buds in my pocket a duffel bag fulla zips
                  two oz's of trainwreck and a qp of purple shit
                  Niggas know I live like a gangsta all the time
                  hittin my bong while committin my crime
                  see my silverado cruisin down main street
                  everybody know Starkvegas my beat

Comment

"Web-MD" is joke. a sick one at that. they tell you what hurts you helps you and what helps you hurts you. run by the medical mafia for profits...fuck 'em all. they badmouth marijuana when the plant itself has like 3000 uses. they can't make money off weed so they say it is worthless--then they go further and say that it will hurt you

Comment

Originally posted by voxito
                      hell fuckin yes you can get cancer from smokin weed. Anything you smoke and inhale puts carcinogens into your lungs. Cannabis does have cancer eradicating qualities and can actually clean you lungs to some extent, but anything burned and inhaled can cause cancer. Smoking blunts and joints increases the likelihood because you're inhaling the paper you rolled your shit in. The water in a bong helps some to clean the tar out of the smoke but its still smoke.

If you are concerned about cancer buy yourself a vaporizer. It gets your bud hot enough to release the THC but if you dont turn it up hot enough to burn the bud you wont ever have to worry about cancer. Vapes are also a shitton more efficient in getting you high. I cant remember the exact percentages but say that if smoking allows 40% of the THC to be absorbed by your lungs then a vape prolly activates and releases 60%. THis means it takes you less bud to get high. In my experience a vaporizer usually brings out more of the head-high qualities of a given strain when compared to smoking, so if you like to get retarded high, where the weed gets in your brain and ya act stupid, go buy a vape and fuck worrying about cancer
                      thats wassup im gettin one
                      "ITS WEEZY BABY STRAPPED LIKE THE NAVY RIDIN WITH A HALF A BRICK STRAPPED TO A BABY I BE GETTIN MONEY RUN A LAP IF YOU LAZY GRANDADDY PURP GOT ME TRAPPED LIKE MAZES BUNCH OF DIAMOND CHAINS LOOKIN LIKE A BUNCH OF LAZERS UNDERSTAND IM SHARPER THAN A FUKIN HELLRAISER"

Comment

I say, everyone burn a blunt just cause this bullshit information right here.

Yo even God says to smoke that dank....

Psalms 104:14 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man."

Comment

Working...
                        X