Sparky's Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparky's Gallery

Just want to establish I got photoshop yesterday so I'm really new to the whole concept. I'll post my projects in this thread as I make progress. Here's my very first one, just trying to figure out how to use the millions of tools. Give me honest criticism please!

Black Ops Sig

Tapout Background

Skull Candy
    Last edited by Sparky; 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM.

Re: Sparky's Gallery

Couple Things Bro.

1. Use A Better Quality Image.
    2. Download A Few Fonts. The One You Used Looks Very Low Quality.
    3. Try Addidng A Couple Lighting Effects (I Can PM You Some Later).
    4. Always Add A Stroke.
    5. Save In 'PNG' For Best Quality.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback bro. Just added a Tapout Background I made. Put a little bit more effort into the text, still trying to figure out how to get nice backgrounds.

Comment

You're new so I wasn't expecting anything epic but it's not bad for the stage you're at. The best way is obviously practise practise practise...I'd suggest just trying different styles and pieces out. Follow plenty of tutorials and see how good they come out. A good thing I learnt from tutorials is even though the information is being spoon fed to you, you learn great techniques and features that you can then learn from and use in your own pieces without tutorials

Hope this helped, I'd look for a GFX forum and sign up and check out tutorials

Comment

I would suggest you to watch a lot of tutorials too. As Wish said; even though the information seems weird to you, you still learn a lot.

Comment

I've watched three so far haha, they take forever to watch, but I feel I'm learning alot from them. Just posted my third piece I call Skull Candy. Is it a step up?

Comment

You should watch and make them at the same time. At least that's what I do.

Comment

I didn't watch tutorials I read them it was better for me to understand personally
                Check these out they're awesome:

Browsing deviantART

Comment

According to that Skull Candy one you made, you're already making progress which is great. Keep it up bro.

Comment

Like these guys said above me, tutorials are key. They give you some great information and you learn a lot of good techniques that you'll learn to tweak to fit what kind of a art you want to do or maybe tweak it and just make it look better. A website I used to use for tutorials is Good-Tutorials - Photoshop Tutorials
                    There you will find tutorials on Photo Retouching, Effects, Text Effects, and The Basics. All of which are essential to making good graphics! I can definately see your progress between each image. Keep up the work and dont give up! Keep us posted bro!

Gonna blow up like C4

Comment

Working...
                    X