Lil Wayne facing 'Lollipop' lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne facing 'Lollipop' lawsuit

WENN -- Incarcerated rapper Lil Wayne is facing a lawsuit from behind bars - a music producer is suing him over royalty payments from his hit track "Lollipop."

The hip-hop star is currently serving a year-long sentence at New York's Rikers Island prison after pleading guilty to gun possession charges.

But Wayne, real name Dwayne Carter Jr., is facing more legal problems after Jim Jonsin, who co-wrote the star's Grammy-winning "Lollipop," filed a lawsuit alleging he has yet to receive any royalty payments for his work on the hit single.

The suit is seeking more than $500,000, according to the New York Post

"Lollipop" isn't the only song which has caused Lil Wayne problems - he is also fighting allegations he illegally sampled songwriter Karma-Ann Swanepoel's "Once" in his track "I Feel Like Dying," while record producer Darius 'Deezle' Harrison and music publishers at The Royalty Network have filed a multi-million dollar suit over royalties from "Mrs. Officer."

Via MSN News

---

Man I really dont get this Baby and wayne get so much why dont they pay just the producers who producers thats jus messed up i love weezy but if ur kind of doing ur thing as a producer it like ur making abeat for somone u look up to and then they dont even pay u thats fcked. Thats my Opinion

Thoughts?

''And just in case I forget my name I make her get it on her back Yea!''
    - Weezy F. Baby -

Re: Lil Wayne facing 'Lollipop' lawsuit

WTF Wayne gonna be broke when he gets out if this contiues, but its not Baby-Shit & Weezy who needs to pay, its Universal's work to do that or cortez bryant that is the manager of Weezy

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

Man this is so fucked up.. What is Birdman thinking? This happens all the time? What's their point.. If they keep going like this producers will stop sending them awesome beats and that's a shame..

Comment

i dunno why wayne doesnt just go back to mannie fresh..

Comment

Originally posted by cg.
          i dunno why wayne doesnt just go back to mannie fresh..
          Because they ain't paying him either! Haha

Comment

It's the same with all songs from C3

Got Money, Mrs. Officer and now Lollipop

Comment

Originally posted by WeezyFan
              WTF Wayne gonna be broke when he gets out, but its not Baby-Shit & Weezy who needs to pay, its Universal's work to do that or cortez bryant that is the manager of Weezy
              500 grand is not going to get wayne broke lol....Birdman is just going to send them a check.

Comment

lol...give da man a break!

but oh wells..Birdman will handle da problem
                "Full white top cup full of codeine mix
                Still eat a couple rappers for my protein bitch
                I'm on my so mean shit!
                And you don't know me bitch
                I do it for those who did it before me bitch
                My goon is 'gon ride even with a slow leak bitch
                And if we gettin chicken you get NO piece bitchh"

Comment

Fuck. That would suck to have co-written lollipop and still not seen any success money (I'm sure he's already been paid for the beat. It's the Royalties he's after).

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money!24
                    lol...give da man a break!

but oh wells..Birdman will handle da problem
                    No. Wayne and Birdman have always had a shitty rep for paying producers and getting into lawsuits, they gotta pay up and give credit to those who helped the songs they always getting into lawsuits with ha.

Comment

Play-n-skillz was saying no one got paid for the carter 3 bouta year ago on a video somewhere,then with alchemist i dont think he got paid either.It's a shame to see on one of the greatest albums

Comment

It's not Wayne's problem, it's his label's problem. Artist usually never pay out of pocket

Comment

Working...
                        X