Lil Wayne Ranked 36th on The Source Top 50 Lyricists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hydro-dro View Post
    ok wow, sorry. first of all i didnt even know chosed was a word. thats a new one, i like it. do you say tooken instead of taken too?

yes, they're wack ass lyrics. you guys are smart. thats my WHOLE POINT. everyone is arguing about whos better, but for one, kanye west isnt a real rapper. hes a producer. and for two, they both have wack ass lyrics sometimes, poor subject matter, cant tell a story or form a song that really sticks with you, hence why they're so low on the list. WOW WEIRD CONCEPT.
    fuck outta here loser. big deal he spelled a word wrong.

Shawty got some real good P'nuss
    If that shit stink, then she need to di'nush

Comment

• Originally posted by hydro-dro View Post
      ok wow, sorry. first of all i didnt even know chosed was a word. thats a new one, i like it. do you say tooken instead of taken too?

yes, they're wack ass lyrics. you guys are smart. thats my WHOLE POINT. everyone is arguing about whos better, but for one, kanye west isnt a real rapper. hes a producer. and for two, they both have wack ass lyrics sometimes, poor subject matter, cant tell a story or form a song that really sticks with you, hence why they're so low on the list. WOW WEIRD CONCEPT.
      Usually when you compare two artists you don't choose two of the shitty examples you can find though. And Wayne isn't a true MC because of what he raps about? The fuck out of here dude. He's had plenty of songs that are lyrical, and I'm not saying he should even be top 20 on this list, but you're really gonna sit here and say he shouldn't be higher than Queen Latifah? Cmon.

Comment

• Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
        Usually when you compare two artists you don't choose two of the shitty examples you can find though. And Wayne isn't a true MC because of what he raps about? The fuck out of here dude. He's had plenty of songs that are lyrical, and I'm not saying he should even be top 20 on this list, but you're really gonna sit here and say he shouldn't be higher than Queen Latifah? Cmon.
        old hip-hop heads would hate your statement.....just saying

Comment

• Originally posted by GrimGenius View Post
          old hip-hop heads would hate your statement.....just saying
          Fuck em then. I've actually listened to the discographies of the top 7 on that list and it's all opinion after that. An MC shouldn't be defined by what he/she raps about. They should be defined by how well they rap, based on lyricism/wordplay/punchines/flow, etc. I think Big L should be higher on that list too.

Comment

Fuck em then. I've actually listened to the discographies of the top 7 on that list and it's all opinion after that. An MC shouldn't be defined by what he/she raps about. They should be defined by how well they rap, based on lyricism/wordplay/punchines/flow, etc. I think Big L should be higher on that list too.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Originally posted by __cas__ View Post
            i agree with you 100% but you don't think subject matter counts just a teeny weeny bit??

Comment

• queen latifah is a legend... lol.

Comment

• they probably looked at a few bulshit lyrics of wayne wayne make's also serious music that's lyrical fucking genius
                I like my blunt, Nutty Professor!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drizzy Drake Tyga;902214]
                  Originally posted by oddball01 View Post
                  Whatever...Ye is still releasing banging music
                  Wayne's just doing skate boarding and putting out shit music. No Quitter is one of his worst. shit suckkkkks

---------- Post added 07-06-2012 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-05-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Who are you to judge who has talent? Selling a milli in a week twice, and becoming the most popular musician in the world confirms that he has talent. Kanye has a bunch of retard lyrics.

C4 only sold 964,000, so techincally it isnt "a milli". WTT would have raped waynes bitch ass C4 if THERE WAS ANY sort of marketing & advertising. HAM and Otis were the only singles released before the album release date. Could you imagine if NIP, who gon stop me, gotta have it, or no church in the wild was released as a single before the release date.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Lupe should have been way higher. His lyrics are way more meaningful than 90% of all rappers before him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=chhsgolf218;905391]
                    Originally posted by Drizzy Drake Tyga View Post

C4 only sold 964,000, so techincally it isnt "a milli". WTT would have raped waynes bitch ass C4 if THERE WAS ANY sort of marketing & advertising. HAM and Otis were the only singles released before the album release date. Could you imagine if NIP, who gon stop me, gotta have it, or no church in the wild was released as a single before the release date.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

Lupe should have been way higher. His lyrics are way more meaningful than 90% of all rappers before him.
                    who gon stop me and gotta have it wouldnt have done shit as singles. Jay-Z has had alot of his marketing in his career and never sold 900k + first week. Kanye highest first week sales was i 892k with graduation I think, and my beautiful dark twisted fantasy only did 474 first week. Niggas isnt beating Wayne.

Comment

• that was just a pic

Comment

STANDING OVATION. older hip hop fans love to say "what is he talking about?" what, he's talking about young people and how our lives are, so i don't expect them to understand(will smith voice). but if your a young black male who grew up in the hood, you know what wayne is talking about, you can relate. i don't care if you can saying how brenda got a baby, or pussy, money, weed. if your word play is entertaining, i want to listen. for me personally, rap is about entertainment, i don't need no body i don't know tryna lift my spirits up or whatever the dumb shit old school hip hop fans think it should be about. i need music that keep me locked in, that entertains me, because in the end, that's all music is about. you can sugar coat it any way you like, but in the end, music is about entertainment. if i want someone to teach me about life, i go visit my parents.

Comment

• lil kim & snoop are lyricist??? might as well put too short & master p on there too smh

Comment

Working...
                          X