Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lil Wayne postpones European Shows Due to Illness

Originally posted by Stephanie
    Ohhhh, I'm so angry/gutted. Just finished writing e-mails/calling to cancel my hotel and plane with little success in regard to the latter.

I am definitely not going to the rescheduled date as I will be too busy @ uni/working and hard up. I was sooooo looking forward to these shows too! I can't believe he left it till the last minute. I feel sorry for the people in Paris tonight too, they just found out a matter of hours before. In fact, I'm sure some people don't even know yet.

I have no interest in listening or supporting him and his work at present, maybe I'll change in time.

Ohh, I just noticed Luda is playing in London on the 7th. Should I just go see Ludacris instead? Hmm...
    yeah i was thinking about how you had a plane and hotel and everything booked it sucks and although i havent lost out as much as you i know how you feel

i think if youve got the chance to go see someone else while you're there you might as well, would make the trip less wasted i guess
    :3

Comment

Ohhhh, I'm so angry/gutted. Just finished writing e-mails/calling to cancel my hotel and plane with little success in regard to the latter.

I am definitely not going to the rescheduled date as I will be too busy @ uni/working and hard up. I was sooooo looking forward to these shows too! I can't believe he left it till the last minute. I feel sorry for the people in Paris tonight too, they just found out a matter of hours before. In fact, I'm sure some people don't even know yet.

I have no interest in listening or supporting him and his work at present, maybe I'll change in time.

Ohh, I just noticed Luda is playing in London on the 7th. Should I just go see Ludacris instead? Hmm...

tbh i think wayne already knew he wasnt going to europe, becus he wasnt on the plain with the rest of the young money crew

Comment

Originally posted by Laura

yeah i was thinking about how you had a plane and hotel and everything booked it sucks and although i havent lost out as much as you i know how you feel

i think if youve got the chance to go see someone else while you're there you might as well, would make the trip less wasted i guess

I know it completely sucks. I don't think it was anything to do with "rest" cause everyone knows the man is obsessed with working etc. I was speaking to Ace and Vis (from BBC 1xtra) on their Ustream and they believe it has a lot to do with security in the venues, particularly the Hammersmith so who knows...

Well, the worst thing is the hotel is cancelled so I have plane tickets for nothing unless I get another hotel and then pay for Luda tickets. I agree with the last post, I think he knew he wasn't coming now I think about it 'cause Young Money went to Europe without Weezy. I think they did believe they were playing the shows so he f**ked it up for his fans and his fam'.

Comment

I don't know, something serious could be going on. Weezy might be really sick or sth. Maybe he fell ill so suddenly that he didn't have the chance to report from the delay earlier? But...if some fans are thinking only about their loss then they have never been real fans. Wayne could be in real trouble and i think he is very sad and regretful about all this. How many fans does he have in Europe anyway? Not many, i'm sure.
          I'M A DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG!

I got more balls than the Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Karupoeg
            I don't know, something serious could be going on. Weezy might be really sick or sth. Maybe he fell ill so suddenly that he didn't have the chance to report from the delay earlier? But...if some fans are thinking only about their loss then they have never been real fans. Wayne could be in real trouble and i think he is very sad and regretful about all this. How many fans does he have in Europe anyway? Not many, i'm sure.

Your comment is both completely naive and ridiculously ignorant.

Comment

How many fans does he have in Europe anyway? Not many, i'm sure.
              You have no idea

Comment

lets jus hope da BET performance wont a sign of things to come .

Comment

That sucks, i'm sorry to all you Europeans out there :[

I'd be pretty pissed, ya'll can just come to the states once he starts his Americas Most Wanted tour and yall can crash at my crib and it'll be a fat party : ]
                  It's always Carter Season in Portland.

Comment

No Weezy Is Not Ill , I'm French , And We Have (not me) many franch have showed him in Luxary Shop (Colette) , i'm da biggest fan of Lil Wayne In french (I Have Site About Videos (LOT LOT LOT OF LIL WAYNE http://www.dailymotion.com/lilwayne75 ) )
                    , and i was destroy when i know he cancelled tha concert for go to shop ... :@
                    i have waited that concert for a long tiime now we'll wait new date for more 3months ..
                    WHY WEEZY ?? WHY ?? DO YOU PREFERE SHOPPING THAN YOURS FANS ???
                    really disapointed and sad
                    peace

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne75
                      No Weezy Is Not Ill , I'm French , And We Have (not me) many franch have showed him in Luxary Shop (Colette) , i'm da biggest fan of Lil Wayne In french (I Have Site About Videos (LOT LOT LOT OF LIL WAYNE http://www.dailymotion.com/lilwayne75 ) )
                      , and i was destroy when i know he cancelled tha concert for go to shop ... :@
                      i have waited that concert for a long tiime now we'll wait new date for more 3months ..
                      WHY WEEZY ?? WHY ?? DO YOU PREFERE SHOPPING THAN YOURS FANS ???
                      really disapointed and sad
                      peace
                      How do you know he was shopping

Comment

http://www.voici.fr/potins-people/les-p ... ade-302857

I know some French and the gist of it is that he was seen shopping today in Collette in Paris - looking very well and showing no signs of illness. This was while his fans were queueing up for the show. They were only told the show was cancelled after queueing for a bit.

*loses respect for Weezy*

Comment

How many fans does he have in Europe anyway? Not many, i'm sure.
                          He has many. And by many I mean shittons, more than you would ever believe. His songs are straight HITS over in Europe. Ask any middle class (possibly lower class) upper school or college student and I'm sure the ones who go out to clubs/listen to rap will have heard of Lil Wayne, for sure. I've been to clubs in Brazil (yes, I realize it's South America) where 90% of the songs are Lil Wayne/Young Money. Been to Barcelona as well and heard a few Wayne tracks, talked to sneakerheads on both trips and they all had heard of Wayne and surprisingly liked him more than me. He has a rave following.

I highly doubt he was shopping in Paris the day of the announcement- there isn't even a picture to go with that french article. Probably just some illness from the sizzurp or the goddamn gold in his teeth- maybe it's worse... still whack for all the fans, especially those that have laid down cake to see his terrible performances. seen Wayne four times (all in his home city) and the latter 3 were all terrible (and I used to be a wayne junky). The first was back in '07 after drought 3 and it was a straight ghetto concert but the best one I've ever been to... he was throwing hundreds into the crowd while people all around me were holding 10 grand stacks. Anyway, hope everyone can get their dough back.
                          a real opinion from a real new orleanian

Comment

Working...
                          X