• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lil' Wayne > Tupac

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    I dont see why Tupac is so big.
    To me he's highly overrated.
    Im not tryna start argument so dont get offended.
    this.

Comment

Only G's Fuck wit Pac... and he was big because he spoke the truth and he represented the struggle...

Comment

um yeaaaa....hell no. Although, in my opinion, Lil Wayne was somewhat close to Tupac's level (when it comes to how they rap) when he was younger and actually had some fire ass lyrics. As much of a Weezy fan I am, I could never say that Lil Wayne is greater than Tupac, it just will not happen. People like Tupac because his songs have meaning, they come from a real nigga, talking about real everyday shit, for example: his first 2 albums talked about what life was like as an African American and society's view on African Americans; how he felt as being black in America. And that song Keep Ya Head Up had a lotta heart in that; although, he kinda contradicted himself if you think about that sex abuse case lol (Not saying he's responsible, I'm just saying, the fact that he was involved in someway). Lil Wayne used to rap in a way that I could actually pretty much picture in my mind whatever it was he was rapping about. Same goes for Tupac.

However, it can be said that they are related in several ways, such as they both came straight from the hood, both sold drugs, they both had their own personal struggles/issues they had to deal with and overcome (not just struggles involving where they lived, but also family issues -- Tupac under the assumption his biological father was dead (until he saw him in the hospital after he was shot 5 times) and also issues with his mom, and Lil Wayne losing his stepfather and also never meeting his biological father.
        Last edited by Lil_Tunechi; 05-01-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchmeat View Post
          I dont like when people compare rappers. Wayne is Wayne an 2pac is 2pac. Who cares whos better.
          I agree with this one hundred percent. You also need to remember that pac died in his prime. If wayne, eminem, jayz or any of those guys were to die in their prime then they would be legendary too. I promise that if biggy and pac hadnt died they would have developed and changed in a way that would piss off many of their initial fans, that happens to every single rapper with like 2 exceptions ever. plus pac rapped about problems which automatically makes people think that he is better. those people forget that sometimes music is a way to get away from all that bullshit

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
            I agree with this one hundred percent. You also need to remember that pac died in his prime. If wayne, eminem, jayz or any of those guys were to die in their prime then they would be legendary too. I promise that if biggy and pac hadnt died they would have developed and changed in a way that would piss off many of their initial fans, that happens to every single rapper with like 2 exceptions ever. plus pac rapped about problems which automatically makes people think that he is better. those people forget that sometimes music is a way to get away from all that bullshit
            Took my words

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
              They are legends without dieing lol, 2pac is on another level man.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKAVELI View Post
                well pretty much Wayne beat anything Pac did by now,Work Ethic = Wayne Wins. number of songs = Wayne wins #FACTS!
                Hes dead. Waynes obviously gonna have more songs. And their work ethic is pretty much the same.

Comment

2pac would have changed too, he is so big because of his death... just look what happened to snoop dogg ( his Wet track )

Comment

Have You Even Listen To 2pac Album From Start To Finish & Actually Listen To What He Was Saying???

2pac Raps Had Meaning & Passion And Was A Message To Us...... And His Flow Was Amazing... He Wanted us To Get Out Of tha Struggle

Wayne Can Spit Wit Tha Best Of Them And His Swagg Is What Wins Him Over...... Not Really Too Much Of A Message In His Raps.....

2pac was Just A Real Azz Nigga Mane... Listening To Me Against The World is So Motivational To Me..... Wayne Is My Favorite Rapper But I

Cant Real He Has A Motivational Album To Get Nigga True Life...........Still Tha Best "Rapper" "Alive" Tho

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Thats An Offense To tha Black Culture

Making Song To get Us Out Tha Struggle Isnt Over Rated

U Never Listened To 2pac Albums From Start To Finish and Actually LISTENED to what he is say

so i wouldnt expect you to understand

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                      Have You Even Listen To 2pac Album From Start To Finish & Actually Listen To What He Was Saying???

2pac Raps Had Meaning & Passion And Was A Message To Us...... And His Flow Was Amazing... He Wanted us To Get Out Of tha Struggle

Wayne Can Spit Wit Tha Best Of Them And His Swagg Is What Wins Him Over...... Not Really Too Much Of A Message In His Raps.....

2pac was Just A Real Azz Nigga Mane... Listening To Me Against The World is So Motivational To Me..... Wayne Is My Favorite Rapper But I

Cant Real He Has A Motivational Album To Get Nigga True Life...........Still Tha Best "Rapper" "Alive" Tho

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Thats An Offense To tha Black Culture

Making Song To get Us Out Tha Struggle Isnt Over Rated

U Never Listened To 2pac Albums From Start To Finish and Actually LISTENED to what he is say

so i wouldnt expect you to understand
                      yeah we know that some people just don't listen to him...

Comment

The thing is, Tupac appealed to everybody. Everybody who liked music could relate to Tupac. Not the same with Wayne.

Comment

i like pac
                          but honestly...i feel like a lot of who he is has to do with him coming first, and kinda started the birth of rap music
                          IMO, id rather listen to wayne
                          its hard to compare the two, if they came up the same time, and pac was still alive, it would be a little easier
                          #WHiTECUPGANG

Comment

Working...
                          X