X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lil' Wayne doesn't freestyle?

Originally posted by Lebron>Kobe
    Originally posted by ThaKidB
    I know lil' wayne said he doesn't write, which necessarily doesn't mean he freestyles, but he said that he does freestyle some of his stuff so why is it in the previous video just posted he said he doesn't freestyle ? Even if he does just "go in the booth and think it up" you should still get in a few bars before you start messin' up... Someone has some explaining to do.
    Watch the Nino Brown Story Pt. 2... it shows the making of "Banned from TV". That should clear things up for you.

This....

son is a beast

Comment

he dosent freetyle...he uses "Thought Process" he thinks of his bars in his head or feetyles in his head a lil but make sure is right den spits it out.He cant go on a track and just freestyle 10 bars str8 or even 5..he thinks his shit out before he spits
      "Full white top cup full of codeine mix
      Still eat a couple rappers for my protein bitch
      I'm on my so mean shit!
      And you don't know me bitch
      I do it for those who did it before me bitch
      My goon is 'gon ride even with a slow leak bitch
      And if we gettin chicken you get NO piece bitchh"

Comment

He just can't freestyle, it's not that important.

Comment

Well he use to freestlye back in the day but then i destroyed him in a battle now he kinda settled down...But uhh yea he dont really freestyle he listens to the beat and thinks about what he is gonna say.

Comment

its funny you guys were going off about tyga not being able to freestyle and saying that YM shouldnt have even signed him, now you realize wayne cant either

"ashdgakg adwudgashdga askjdh how to love" � lil wayne

Comment

No one is really understanding his question.. He's not asking if Weezy freestyles when he makes most of his songs. We all know how he does it (just spits, listens to it, fixes it, spits it again)...

I think he's wondering if Wayne freestyles at all anymore, like str8 freestyle, no going back and fixing it. because he used to write and freestyle in pre-carter 1 days. i've been wondering the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by jamesula
                he raps decides if he likes it if he doesnt he will go back and change what he said. im sure there is some freestyle but its not done in one take
                Even then, he should get AT LEAST ONE BAR in before the mess ups come in. He can't even get past one bar... I still like his music, don't get me wrong. I just find it kind of weird he said "I don't freestyle" when he clearly started several times in several songs that he DOES freestyle. Maybe not all, but some.
                He NEVER said in ANY song that he freestyles. He thinks at records. and NO he doesn't record one bar at a time. He can record half a verse or more at a time, just depends on if he messes up or wants to change it.

/Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron>Kobe
                  I know lil' wayne said he doesn't write, which necessarily doesn't mean he freestyles, but he said that he does freestyle some of his stuff so why is it in the previous video just posted he said he doesn't freestyle ? Even if he does just "go in the booth and think it up" you should still get in a few bars before you start messin' up... Someone has some explaining to do.
                  Watch the Nino Brown Story Pt. 2... it shows the making of "Banned from TV". That should clear things up for you.
                  Thank you.

Originally posted by dpl41612
                  No one is really understanding his question.. He's not asking if Weezy freestyles when he makes most of his songs. We all know how he does it (just spits, listens to it, fixes it, spits it again)...

I think he's wondering if Wayne freestyles at all anymore, like str8 freestyle, no going back and fixing it. because he used to write and freestyle in pre-carter 1 days. i've been wondering the same thing
                  Negative. Try again.

Wayne records through a streem of his THOUGHT process. Make him more creative. Freestyling is saying WHATEVER comes to your head. When wayne is recording it looks like he's freestyle but what he's doing is even more amazing.. Its thought out. If he HAS to he can freestyle..he's done it on 106& Park etc. When he's serious, yes.

Comment

Is everyone on here illiterate ?

To be honest, the dude might as well write, he does the same thing everyone else does besides he just doesn't put it down on paper. He stole the idea from Jay-Z but Jay-Z doesn't do takeovers that many times. I swear if I was the person mixing that would drive me INSANE.

And the reason for this thread IS:

everyone credits wayne for not writing. When most people say they DON'T WRITE, it means they freestyle it up. That's what big did and that's pretty much what Jay-Z does. Lil' Wayne does what every great artist does. Eminem even admits freestyling most of his but he writes down so he doesn't forget it. Just because he doesn't write down on paper that doesn't make him great.

-150 points from Lil' Wayne being the greatest rapper alive, -500 from Lil' Wayne being the greatest rapper ever.

Doin' what the fuck I want, Hate me all the fuck you want. Real niggas fuck wit' me and I don't give a fuck who don't.

Comment

Lil Wayne may use the throught process now, but listen to The Prefix, and the Suffix..thats all straight freestyle and thats some of his best work right there.

"Get High, Rule The World"

Best Rappers
                      1. Lil Wayne
                      2. Eminem
                      3. B.o.B
                      4. Chris Webby
                      5. Wiz Khalifa
                      6. Kid Cudi

Comment

Originally posted by Chainz
                        Lil Wayne may use the throught process now, but listen to The Prefix, and the Suffix..thats all straight freestyle and thats some of his best work right there.
                        He just said he don't freestyle. Does anyone read?

Doin' what the fuck I want, Hate me all the fuck you want. Real niggas fuck wit' me and I don't give a fuck who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chainz
                          He just said he don't freestyle. Does anyone read?
                          Yeah but when did he say that? During the Carter Doc? Or when, because Prefix and Suffix came out over 5 years ago so its very possible he used to freestyle.

"Get High, Rule The World"

Best Rappers
                          1. Lil Wayne
                          2. Eminem
                          3. B.o.B
                          4. Chris Webby
                          5. Wiz Khalifa
                          6. Kid Cudi

Comment

Working...
                          X